I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a living trust drawn up shortly after DD was born, so that was around 2011 or 2012. DH said the cost was around $600. It was worth every penny to me but he's claiming he could have done it himself with a legal zoom type website. All of our assets (retirement accounts, DVC, deed to house, life insurance, pensions, etc) list the trust as the beneficiary. It also included medical power of attorney as well as custody of DD and who will manage the trust on her behalf. It covered all of the major items that were important to us.
I think the guy we saw might be overcharging then. The thing with him is he charges separate for all of those things and wants you to buy his package that includes all of the documents: living will, will, power of attorney, and two others I can’t remember right now.

I have four trips planned this year, and I'm starting to get nervous. More that my DH will freak out and decide it's too risky to go. I'm hoping it will blow over soon although I doubt it. I also worry that WDW/DLR might do something drastic like closing the parks like they did in Asia. Surely not, right?
Nothing is sure. Be mentally and financially ready for those trips to be cancelled. On the bright side I believe if Disney cancels/closes their parks they will refund/work with guests.

Nothing is sure. Be mentally and financially ready for those trips to be cancelled. On the bright side I believe if Disney cancels/closes their parks they will refund/work with guests.

Well flights to WDW are all on SW points so we'd be fine on that front. Flights to DLR are on AA points so not sure what would happen with those. WDW in May is using DVC points, but the bad thing is we're using our AP's one last time before they expire so it would stink if that happened because we'd have to buy tickets if we rescheduled for later, not to mention I don't even know when we'd reschedule for. We haven't bought DLR tickets yet for July or Sept (Sept is DH and me going for a wedding in Anaheim, with DLR just being a bonus) so we'd still go for that if possible. WDW in Nov is a refundable hotel only ressie that's refundable so nothing lost on that front.

Mostly I'm going to hope and pray for many reasons that this thing blows over.

I'm going to WDW at the end of April and then, of course, I have my Baltic cruise in August. The Baltic cruise is one that gives me the most heartburn. I may move it to next year, take a wait and see approach and then move it back to this year if everything's "good to go".

My flights, hotel and everything else is in place and fully refundable to cancel at the last minute. I'm not one of those people that needs a year to plan an overseas vacation. Most of my cruises including the four European cruises I've taken have been booked at about 2 months out;

2019 was the first year I booked a cruise far in advance. I booked the new Carnival Mardi Gras at 16 months out, and guess what it canceled due to a production delay. I rebooked on Disney for a lot more money and now this?????. 2020 is not shaping up to be a great travel year.

I guess the one bright spot is if I do have to wait until next summer the cruise will be a 10-day cruise for about the same price as my 7-day cruise this year. The negative is having to find those business class AA saver award flights again, but I'm up for the challenge.

You do realize it the joke was about appliances made in China not people. Sorry, I thought people had a sense of humor. My bad.

I'm not trying to argue or take our happy place even more off the rails but there's a difference between saying 'There's always hope because most appliances made in China don't last very long. ' and what you actually said.

Things on the internet don't translate well and if you have to explain it after someone reacts maybe fully explain it and not expect people to get it. I didn't think appliances right away either.

But reacting to our comments with the angry emoji doesn't really help either. But hey, sorry we didn't react how you wanted us to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter