I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any experience with the $50 off $250 Marriott Amex offer stacking with the Bonvoy Brilliant $300 annual credit? I have $90 left on my credit and was hoping to stack.

Another dumb question, after staying at Anaheim Fairfield inn using 35K certificate I'm regretting cancelling DH's Chase Business Bonvoy card. Can I undo that? It's been less than 30 days.

So my CIC app from Tuesday has turned 7-10 days now, most likely due to me forgetting to unfreeze my credit. I guess I have a few options now.

1) Call recon. Who do I call and what do I say?
2) Do nothing. Since they couldn't pull my credit will this somehow show up negatively on my CR report down the road?
3)Wait 30 days to reapply or apply for an Amex biz and hope for no pop-up.

Which one do I do?

Another dumb question, after staying at Anaheim Fairfield inn using 35K certificate I'm regretting cancelling DH's Chase Business Bonvoy card. Can I undo that? It's been less than 30 days.

Give them a call, I did this in the past with the IHG card. I do not recall what the time period is to restore the account, but as long as you're in that period they will restore it yes.

So my CIC app from Tuesday has turned 7-10 days now, most likely due to me forgetting to unfreeze my credit. I guess I have a few options now.

2) Do nothing. Since they couldn't pull my credit will this somehow show up negatively on my CR report down the road?

Which one do I do?
Did the same thing with a CIP app. Got an alert from Experian that someone had tried to pull credit, realized the problem and immediately unfroze, but it was too late. We waited for the letter that said 'hey your credit was frozen, call us'. It was fairly painless. (It was approved!)

Last edited:
They showed up around 15 days apart. They both are from February and my Chase AF's just showed up in March. So they are both definitely AMEX.

It's pretty easy to tell: the Amex will say Mar BV AX Brilliant (or Business) as the case may be, and Mar BV AX FNA for the original Amex personal card, and the Chase says 'Boundless' or 'Prem Plus Biz Anniv.'

AX is on all the Amex and the word Chase doesn't appear at least on my free nights.

Does anyone have any experience with the $50 off $250 Marriott Amex offer stacking with the Bonvoy Brilliant $300 annual credit? I have $90 left on my credit and was hoping to stack.

Mine stacked. Actually it stacked 2 years in a row now. I need that offer again.

Did the other rows have windows? If not maybe he faked you out of it.

All had windows though some where over the wing but row 6d and c were empty so why pick 6b? Either way I enjoyed all my space.

Which one do I do?

Unfreeze it and call. Just say you forgot to unfreeze it but you've unfroze it can you please try again. It's easy.

Just booked another cruise on UR points today. For next March - spring break. Going on Carnival Mardi Gras and got the last Havana Cabana Cabin for 4. So excited. It has a huge private patio area out our room with 2 loungers and 2 chairs and then a walkway to a private pool/bar area only for guests in a Havana room. Guests must be over 12. Haven't told the family yet about the room - they are going to be so excited.

Used 250,000 UR's that was worth $3750 from my CSR. I have gotten such good use of my UR Points booking cruises through that. Now, I only have about 100,000 UR's left. Have to get more.... I love using them but hate seeing them dwindle.

Does anyone know what the is policy for when airfare drops with AA. Today AA has flights for Hawaii round trip for 100k AA points less then when I booked several months ago. Is there a way to change and for how much. I tried calling but was on hold for a long time and then got disconnected. We leave at then end of the month.

Does anyone know what the is policy for when airfare drops with AA. Today AA has flights for Hawaii round trip for 100k AA points less then when I booked several months ago. Is there a way to change and for how much. I tried calling but was on hold for a long time and then got disconnected. We leave at then end of the month.
I think you have to pay the re-depositing fee.

I’ve tried to call 5 times today, just keep getting disconnected.

Did the same thing with a CIP app. Got an alert from Experian that someone had tried to pull credit, realized the problem and immediately unfroze, but it was too late. We waited for the letter that said 'hey your credit was frozen, call us'. It was fairly painless. (It was approved!)
Unfreeze it and call. Just say you forgot to unfreeze it but you've unfroze it can you please try again. It's easy.
Thanks ladies. I did just call after lifting my TU freeze, which has 2 inquiries. Chase usually pulls EQ, which has 7 pulls. I tried unsuccessfully to get the rep to run a TU report. She stayed on the line while I unfroze my EQ, and then put me on hold. After a couple of minutes she came back to say I was approved. I only got $4k CL, but that works! Boy, I sure hate calling though!

Just booked another cruise on UR points today. For next March - spring break. Going on Carnival Mardi Gras and got the last Havana Cabana Cabin for 4. So excited. It has a huge private patio area out our room with 2 loungers and 2 chairs and then a walkway to a private pool/bar area only for guests in a Havana room. Guests must be over 12. Haven't told the family yet about the room - they are going to be so excited.

Used 250,000 UR's that was worth $3750 from my CSR. I have gotten such good use of my UR Points booking cruises through that. Now, I only have about 100,000 UR's left. Have to get more.... I love using them but hate seeing them dwindle.
Good for you! That Havana Area looks great. Have you ever stayed in one before? I like the idea of the private lanai but DH would HATE people walking by the balcony. We have done an aft balcony on NCL a few times and that is his favorite. I have to DRAG him out of the room to go do something! The UR cost is pretty similar between the two. We sail NCL mostly because DH refused to dress up to eat and we don't like eating in the buffet. Have you encountered any other cruise lines that allow men to wear shorts in the MDR?

Thanks ladies. I did just call after lifting my TU freeze, which has 2 inquiries. Chase usually pulls EQ, which has 7 pulls. I tried unsuccessfully to get the rep to run a TU report. She stayed on the line while I unfroze my EQ, and then put me on hold. After a couple of minutes she came back to say I was approved. I only got $4k CL, but that works! Boy, I sure hate calling though!
Congrats party:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter