I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh....PYB. I'm so indecisive.....I had thought I was done using that option....but I find myself 2nd guessing that choice..... I keep asking myself if I PYB about 100k points,that's like $1250 back in my pocket(basically) and I keep thinking about that almost done mortgage.... That would leave only about 100k left...and I'm really chase heavy in my cards...(I have a lot) so not sure what I'll do next.....argh! o_O

So I guess this means my Diamond is rolling to 2023 now!

"
To truly offer the flexibility you need, we're extending Hilton Honors benefits again.
  • All elite status will be extended through March 2023
  • All 2021 nights will rollover to next year
  • No Points will expire until the end of 2022
  • Elite status tier requirements lower than 2019 tier qualifications"

I got my first NLL offer for an Amex Biz Plat for 150k, 15k MSR/3 months. It is appearing in the offers section and the sidebar. That’s a pretty hefty MSR, so I will pass for now.
I got that when I logged in a couple of months ago. The offer said it was good until 12/31/2021, and I passed because I was working on other MSRs. I haven't seen it come back for me. I hope it shows up again in November!

Amex insurance only works with a round trip purchase. I book one ways especially on SW so I always choose the CSR.
If you book flights through the Chase portal, you get 5x points. Amex has a boost too. Which points do you value more? As far as travel credits, are you talking about the $300 on the CSR?

Thanks! It is roundtrip on Delta. I'm not happy with all of the changes that SW is making lately and their flight times and prices were terrible for the specific trip. I decided to go with the Amex. I used my $300 already on the CSR and it won't renew for me until after 10/1.

Y'all have convinced me to apply for a CIC (dd's tuition payment due at the end of the month). I got the "we need to review your info" message. Any idea how long approval will take?

Hopefully they extend FNC also as I have a few that expire at the end of the year.View attachment 605009
I glanced through this email this morning. Looks like I get to keep my Diamond status another year and can hold off app'ing P2 for Aspire. Still hoping for an upgrade offer on one of our Surpasses. I canceled my Aspire 4/2020 and have held my status via extensions.

Y'all have convinced me to apply for a CIC (dd's tuition payment due at the end of the month). I got the "we need to review your info" message. Any idea how long approval will take?
P2 applied 8/29. Got snail mail on 9/8 asking for id and proof of biz. Faxed it 9/10. Card arrived today expedited. Still have not gotten an approval email. Still waiting for my employee card.

Rumor on new Chase Bonvoy offers. This person has been correct before. 125k and 50k FNC on the Boundless. If anyone's planning to apply, might want to hold off.

I know Marriott cards have weird rules. I’ve got the AMEX Bonvoy Biz card. I *think* I’ve read that having that excludes me from getting a SUB on another Marriott card, even if it’s a Chase card. Is that accurate?
I previously had 3 open (so this is the 4th one I have open right now).

Of the 3 I already had open, 1 of them was formerly a CIP and the others were opened AS CICs.

I'm sorry if that sounds confusing. Did that answer the question? :crazy2: Sorry, it's been a day!
that gives me hope! I’ve got 2 and would love a 3rd after I get my SW companion pass in early 2022.

Watched the Spacex launch from the aoa side of hour glass lake. So awesome!

3 more days. I was ready to leave Monday. Back up vacation without the friends that I was going to meet and not where I want to be. Still fun, bit of a different trip without fp and short lines. Only thing I haven't done that I still need to do is tiki birds abs it's just because I will be back at mk sat.

Boo bash last night was fun but only half a bag of candy and I did all but 1 treat stop. Was my only disappointment given the very full bag at the last mnsshp. One stop the lady was counting the pieces to hand out.

I am having fun overall but have had my sad moments. Shouldn't have gone into Japan today...

I started this hobby exactly 1 year ago today with the CFF! As a P1 only, this hobby has already earned me 130K RR points and a CP, 5 Bonvoy FNCs (50K value) plus 23K points, and 230K URs. I am very happy with my results so far. I already used RR and CP for 3 tix to Orlando, and we will also fly to Disneyland in a few weeks. I got my GE pass free with CSR. Thanks to everyone who has helped along the way!

I am now 4/24 plus 1 business card in 12 months. Most recently, I did the CSP/CSR MDD on June 30. So I am coming up on the 3 month mark. I would like to get a new card so I can pay my property taxes toward MSR. Do I need to wait longer than 3 months for my next application since I did the MDD last time? Should I apply for a business card this time instead?

3 more days. I was ready to leave Monday. Back up vacation without the friends that I was going to meet and not where I want to be. Still fun, bit of a different trip without fp and short lines. Only thing I haven't done that I still need to do is tiki birds abs it's just because I will be back at mk sat.

Boo bash last night was fun but only half a bag of candy and I did all but 1 treat stop. Was my only disappointment given the very full bag at the last mnsshp. One stop the lady was counting the pieces to hand out.

I am having fun overall but have had my sad moments. Shouldn't have gone into Japan today...
I would love to see a launch, I bet that was cool.

I have heard others complain about the amount of treats this year. It just occured to me that it could honestly have to do with candy supply chain isuses. Maybe they are being conservative to ensure they have enough to get through all the parties. I am our HS booster club president and I have to help order/stock concession stands. Non-chocolate candy is VERY hard to get right now, at least around here in KY. It's like winning the lottery when I go in Sam's and find any. Gatorade and Sierra Mists are also extremely hard to get right now through Pepsi. They wanted $11 per 12 pk when they did have some, we said no thanks. Talked to the local pizza place today who said their Lay's chips and paper plates are hard to get. To tie it back to our CC topic, you never know when and how current supply chain issues might affect our rewards travel behind the scenes.

We watched the launch across the street from our house tonight! It was ds’s first night launch. He loved it. I’ll share some pictures

Attachments

• BA6D1273-D75B-4362-8E67-B01F396A6C6F.jpeg
    BA6D1273-D75B-4362-8E67-B01F396A6C6F.jpeg
    20.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 79FE1132-3760-4F0A-A65E-7F35B10964B4.jpeg
    79FE1132-3760-4F0A-A65E-7F35B10964B4.jpeg
    20.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 031736C8-BA5C-40E0-BE88-C1F553DD3021.jpeg
    031736C8-BA5C-40E0-BE88-C1F553DD3021.jpeg
    18.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I would love to see a launch, I bet that was cool.

I have heard others complain about the amount of treats this year. It just occured to me that it could honestly have to do with candy supply chain isuses. Maybe they are being conservative to ensure they have enough to get through all the parties. I am our HS booster club president and I have to help order/stock concession stands. Non-chocolate candy is VERY hard to get right now, at least around here in KY. It's like winning the lottery when I go in Sam's and find any. Gatorade and Sierra Mists are also extremely hard to get right now through Pepsi. They wanted $11 per 12 pk when they did have some, we said no thanks. Talked to the local pizza place today who said their Lay's chips and paper plates are hard to get. To tie it back to our CC topic, you never know when and how current supply chain issues might affect our rewards travel behind the scenes.

Mars is a sponsor and most of it was chocolate related. Few skittles and starburst. But it's not like they'd have a problem getting enough.

I had a 2nd Mickey bar to help make up for it 😁 brought back a bottle of coke and water for check out day too so I can pack my reusable bottle and mug.

We watched the launch across the street from our house tonight! It was ds’s first night launch. He loved it. I’ll share some pictures

Nice! Being further mine aren't as big 😊

Attachments

• 20210915_200404.jpg
    20210915_200404.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 20210915_200509.jpg
    20210915_200509.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20210915_200639_HDR.jpg
    20210915_200639_HDR.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 15
Mars is a sponsor and most of it was chocolate related. Few skittles and starburst. But it's not like they'd have a problem getting enough.

I had a 2nd Mickey bar to help make up for it 😁 brought back a bottle of coke and water for check out day too so I can pack my reusable bottle and mug.

Nice! Being further mine aren't as big 😊
Still very cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter