I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in the exact same boat with 1 night mid-trip. Don;t want to borrow points into 2022 in case we cancel and want to bank. And looking at these prices, we may fly in early as well. Hmmm.
Finally finished my SW bookings. That was exhausting. Definitely will be watching for those prices to drop. Now I need to pick up a hotel night somewhere because I booked us flying in a day early. It's all good, I still have 2 nights mid-trip with no hotel lol There's still a slight possibility this trip will be canceled so I don't want to borrow DVC points until I know for sure. My military son can't seem to get a leave request put in and this trip is for him.

I'm not sure how long you need to wait, but just wanted to mention that you might want to leave enough CL on the biz card(s) in case you get a low CL on the new card and need to move some over.
I lowered my credit limits the day before applying.
2 Biz cards now with $9k each. Was going to reduce each to $7k, hopefully enuf for new card.

Chase UR portal trouble. Booked a trip with URs for next June with DHs CSP. Then downgraded CSP to CFU and can no longer access the trip. The portal says he has no trips booked. I have the itinerary number and called Chase travel. They can see it but no idea why I can't so they transferred me to Chase customer service who tried to convince me that I can't see it because I booked it 3 months ago and trips no longer show up after that long. 🙄 um no. So no one can fix it and I can't change or cancel it or even make sure it's still there. Ugh.

really? I booked some (speculative) flights in Jan/Feb and the prices are great IMHO from where I am
Definitely higher from here. Our airport is growing and SW in particular is adding more non-stops out of here, and 2 more gates. I had several more flight choices today than the last time I booked (last flight was May of this year), but still only 2 non-stops and definitely a price increase. I booked the non-stops as usual.

It looks like this will be our new norm, the low flight calendar has nothing under 11086 RR for one way to MCO. Dallas and Houston look the same, with San Antonio a tad higher.

We are in the exact same boat with 1 night mid-trip. Don't want to borrow points into 2022 in case we cancel and want to bank. And looking at these prices, we may fly in early as well. Hmmm.
I'm entertaining the idea, pending DVC availability, of moving my DVC up a day to Sat-Tues. Then head over to USO Tues-Fri, I haven't looked to see if I can book anything via UR over there yet. Then back to Shades of Green Fri-Sun. SoG is not flexible at all. USO was not in our plans, but he did miss our USO trip and I think he'd enjoy it and I wouldn't mind the Harry Potter stuff again. Then I won't need to borrow any DVC points, I can just get more UR. We may just do offsite those middle days though.

How long to you have to wait to get the bonus again on the Chase business cards?

I'm not actually aware of a specific time limit for the bonus.... I don't think it's like the Sapphire cards where there's a rule about it.

Having said that, I'm far from an expert! Just lucky so far, I think!

Hi all!

I'm new to this thread. I have read (skimmed) about the first 20 pages and last 20 of so pages, but just not enough hours of the day to try to read all the pages in between! :hyper:

I had to keep a tab open to the first page to refer back to in order to keep track of all the abbreviations, which helped a LOT. :scratchin There are still some that I had to guess. Is FNC = free night credit?

I took advantage of the 100K bonus for opening the CSP at the end of July 2021. I signed up in person at a Chase bank because they waived the first year's AF if you do so. I did not get instantly approved because I forgot I had placed a credit alert on my credit reports. I had to call and speak with someone for them to verify my identity. I had 2 existing personal Chase cards - Disney and Amazon. They shifted some of my CL from those older cards to my CSP for me.

Completed my MSR in August and got my SUB when my statement hit on 9/10/21.

So, now I'm researching the best way to use my URs and how to potentially get more.

Here's my question:

I have 2 Chase Business INK Unlimited for 2 different companies. I am a partner in one company (partnership) and the VP in the other (C-Corp). I believe they were both opened under my name (I applied & opened them) but with the entities' Tax ID numbers and not my SS number. They were both opened in 2019 or early 2020 (can't remember off the top of my head). I keep all my businesses and personal banking stuff separate. So, each business has it's own log in different from my personal log in.

I redeemed the SUB and accumulated UR on one of the cards (partnership one) for cash already. But I still have 60k+ UR in the C-Corp card. Is it possible to transfer the 60+ UR from my business (C-Corp) CIU to my personal CSP? Googling does not help me because they are not linked online like how all the tutorials are assuming they are and instructing how to do in that case. :rolleyes1

I read some posts here about sending a SM through the Chase portal but not sure if it is applicable in my case

Would combining points work if the business card uses a different tax ID than my SS #, even though I am the owner of the company? Just wanted to see if I should bother trying. And if it IS possible, I assume I should send an SM from my Chase Business Account portal that I want to transfer the URs from? What do I write in my SM? I want to transfer x UR points from my Company XYZ Chase card # to my personal SleeyatDVC Chase card #? I think the SM is sent from the Chase banking side and not the UR website?

Is SM better than calling on the phone?

Thanks for any help in the matter.

Hi,, welcome.

FNC- free night certificate

This is Chase's wording about combining points:
Combine points with other Chase cards with Ultimate Rewards
You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you, or one member of your household.

If you meet the above criteria, then yes, you can just send an SM to chase and include transfer from account x to account y.

I have successfully done it, but in my case it was sole prop using SSN, but separate account logins. Worst case is they say no and you'd have to use the UR separately.

Hi,, welcome.

FNC- free night certificate

This is Chase's wording about combining points:
Combine points with other Chase cards with Ultimate Rewards
You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you, or one member of your household.

If you meet the above criteria, then yes, you can just send an SM to chase and include transfer from account x to account y.

I have successfully done it, but in my case it was sole prop using SSN, but separate account logins. Worst case is they say no and you'd have to use the UR separately.

Thanks! Do you think that it is better to SM or to try calling? Appreciate the advice!

You don't... you just have to space out your chase cards, recommendation is 3 months between any chase cards, business or personal.
I was approved for the CIC in December 2019 and I received the bonus that same month. So as long as I wait 3 months between cards I could keep my CIC and apply for another and get the bonus again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter