I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a recon number for Capital One? I applied for the VentureX card and was denied. I just got the explanation through email and it says there is another pending Capital One application. I looked at their credit wise report and it says I tried to open a Saks card (looks like it is through Capital One) two times. I didn't do either one of those. So, I'm not sure what's going on with that, but I would never apply for a Saks card.

It says I can write them about it, but I'd rather call and talk to someone than communicate by mail. Even if I don't get approved, I need to the the Saks application off of my credit report somehow.

Should look at all 3 reports and freeze your credit. Someone tried to app using your info and you were never made aware of it. That's not good.

Opened SW Biz on 1/7/22 and SW Plus on 1/25/22. Has enough time passed where I can apply to a Chase Ink Cash?

If I book my daughter a main cabin ticket on Delta (one way) and the price drops, can I cancel, get my money back and rebuy it? She's looking to fly back to DFW when here BFFs fam comes to Michigan this summer. They booked Delta. It's $209 right now for the one way. UGH.

Even though we never met in real life, I felt as if we knew her. I still have her DD's blog (South Africa) bookmarked and occasionally check for new adventures. She seemed like an interesting person that I would have liked to know better. She almost always gave us a little recap of her adventures with her family and her trips with your father.

Thank you so much for coming here and letting us know of her passing. So sorry that you, your sister and brother, and your father have lost her so soon in life. But, I sort of know that she has taught you all well and because of her you will all go on to do great things.

Keep her spirit of adventure and enjoy your life and take care of your dad for her.
Thank you, that was my blog. Back in the day a significant amount of my readership came from this forum. I was only able to do all that travelling from the tricks she learned here so I plan to monitor this forum going forward to try to learn the trade. My mom kept so many of our family financial strategies and accounts in her head and we are realizing it is going to be difficult to keep things going since none of the rest of us knew half of what her "credit card schemes" entailed.

Thank you, that was my blog. Back in the day a significant amount of my readership came from this forum. I was only able to do all that travelling from the tricks she learned here so I plan to monitor this forum going forward to try to learn the trade. My mom kept so many of our family financial strategies and accounts in her head and we are realizing it is going to be difficult to keep things going since none of the rest of us knew half of what her "credit card schemes" entailed.

I loved your blog, I love reading about others trips, particularly abroad. We'd love to help you in any way we can. While we don't know your families specifics, we all have generally the same goal - get as many points as we can for free travel. That travel and the redemption rates look different for everyone but that's OK. I hope that you continue your adventures as you can.

I am the DD of WVMomof3 who has been active on this thread for many years. I thought I would let you guys know that she passes away unexpectedly last month. We made fun of her (affectionately) for her CC habit but I do want to thank you all for enabling her to live a life she loved.
I am so sorry for your loss. I wasn't as active as some others here, but I do remember your mom, and an attest to how gracious she was. She will be missed.

I'm going to buy a camera lens from Amazon, we have this offer on my Plat & DH's Plat
Offer merchant logo

Get +5 Membership Rewards® points per eligible dollar spent. Up to 1,000 points

It doesn't say Amazon reloads are not allowed, it does says: Excludes corporate gift card and custom-designed gift card purchases.
I should be okay to load $167 from each card to earn the entire 5,000 points right?

I'm going to buy a camera lens from Amazon, we have this offer on my Plat & DH's Plat
Offer merchant logo

It doesn't say Amazon reloads are not allowed, it does says: Excludes corporate gift card and custom-designed gift card purchases.
I should be okay to load $167 from each card to earn the entire 5,000 points right?

Maybe I'm missing something, but why $167 and how do you get to 5000 points? Surely you need to spend $200 per card to get 5x200 x 2 cards = 2000 points?

Maybe I'm missing something, but why $167 and how do you get to 5000 points? Surely you need to spend $200 per card to get 5x200 x 2 cards = 2000 points?
You are right, I don't know what I was thinking or where the 5,000 points came from.
But I was thinking that I would earn 1 pt for regular spend + 5 extra points up to 1,000 so I took 1,000/6 to get $167.

You are right, I don't know what I was thinking or where the 5,000 points came from.
But I was thinking that I would earn 1 pt for regular spend + 5 extra points up to 1,000 so I took 1,000/6 to get $167.
My first thought was: wow, I'm definitely doing something wrong because I never get such deals!

But you think I will earn the extra points by doing $200 reloads? We are also working on another card MSR so I would like to put the rest of the purchase on that card.

Ah - ok. I read it as just the additional 5x counts towards the 1000 as it says an additional 5 points up to 1000.

Actually, I'm impressed you can get info on Amex offers at all. For the last couple of days, I either can't access Amex accounts online, or if I can get in, I get the 'Sorry, offers not available, please check later' message.

Offer merchant logo

why split it up? did you get it on multiple cards?
Ah - ok. I read it as just the additional 5x counts towards the 1000 as it says an additional 5 points up to 1000.

Actually, I'm impressed you can get info on Amex offers at all. For the last couple of days, I either can't access Amex accounts online, or if I can get in, I get the 'Sorry, offers not available, please check later' message.
100%

why split it up? did you get it on multiple cards?
Yes, I actually just also found it on DD’s Gold AU. So I could use it on 3 different cards.

Mine has been working about 90% of the time.

The Chase combine points page has changed a bit. You now have to type in how many points to move to the other account. I'm curious if those that had trouble linking accounts can do so now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter