I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm worried that what I was given doesn't show the promo code anywhere. But I did confirm with the banker twice that she applied it and I have a sheet that says what I need to receive to get the bonus (but doesn't specify the bonus)
If you got the bonus disclosure doc in the welcome kit (email or hard copy) then it should be applied. Where you would see it is on the first page of the account application form - mine is 8 pages - near the middle is two fields for "Checking/Savings Bonus Offer Available" and Bonus Offer Code". Underneath each should be Yes and the unique code from your email, respectively.

If you didn't get a copy of the whole application, then there isn't anywhere else to look. But if you have the disclosure - which does not specify the bonus, just the requirements - then it should be applied.

Well, they're only 1:1 if you were going to transfer URs to SW.

The way I look at it - 95k SW gets me approx $1,200 - $1,300 in flights. Throw in the CP and that value goes way up. 38k URs gets me $570 worth of travel through the Chase Portal. Of course you might be able to transfer those URs to an airline or hotel to get an outsize redemption, but those opportunities are becoming increasingly rare.

Therefore, assuming SW recovers from their current difficulties and begins adding back routes that you would wish to use - then the SW points should be more valuable over time - but if you really think you are done with SW then you have a different outlook and may want to burn the points.
thanks for your thoughts...... I think I'm gonna find something with my UR points that I can live with for now....

Chase takes a while to indicate it's redeemed then to post the credit.

Just checked my last several. Credit posted 5 days after transaction. Then, I usually get an email a couple days after that saying I redeemed an offer. Which, no duh, you already issued the credit!

Thanks y'all!!! Happy Easter to those that celebrate

happy easter! to those who are trying to book ana first from NYC, I have a question for you since availability opens up at what time EST? also if it's 350 days out how do you book your return flight? just hope you get lucky or book 2 1 way tickets? I looked at ana and all I saw was a waitlist for first.. maybe I'm not trying hard enough :) Also I've debated going back on one vs the other based on availability I'm not sure though I'm just wondering how to pull this off.

My newest VGC from Staples isn't working for MOs at Walmart as usual. I even made my own PIN on the website and tried again, but the transaction is not authorized. Is this dead?

It's not the Walmart I usually go to (am traveling), so maybe it's just different here. Will try by home tomorrow.

Happy Easter and Happy Passover.

Still having a totally craptastic week. But if anyone wants a good laugh, I took Miss Isabel in for a full groom (I'm still not sure if I'll keep her natural or groomed, but her puppy coat was driving me nuts). I asked for a teddy bear cut (see photo) and for them to scissor cut her. I sort of think she got a mullet cut. I love that I can see her beautiful eyes, but I laugh everytime I look at her.

Attachments

• IMG_7362.jpg
    IMG_7362.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_7369.PNG
    IMG_7369.PNG
    192.2 KB · Views: 45

Still having a totally craptastic week. But if anyone wants a good laugh, I took Miss Isabel in for a full groom (I'm still not sure if I'll keep her natural or groomed, but her puppy coat was driving me nuts). I asked for a teddy bear cut (see photo) and for them to scissor cut her. I sort of think she got a mullet cut. I love that I can see her beautiful eyes, but I laugh everytime I look at her.

I couldn't not laugh. That person doesn't seem to know how to cut dog fur. It'll grow out and at least she won't have the same thoughts and frustrations as when we get a bad haircut.

Signed up for Blue Apron via Ibotta.

- $65 back on Ibotta, credits in 45 days
- 10% back on chase INK card
- $110 off new subscriptions (discounts the first 5 boxes)

I did the 2 meals for 2 people, first box ended up being $5 shipped. Skipped every box in May and will have one shipped in June. I'll continue to skip until ibotta credits 😅 fingers crossed this works

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220417-170548_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220417-170548_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20220417-154514_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220417-154514_Chrome.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 34

I think she's still cute! :love:

I have collected some free night certificates from Hilton. I am considering booking the Orlando Waldorf Astoria for one night on an upcoming trip. Does anyone have experience using free night certificates along with Hilton Diamond status? Do they still recognize the diamond status? Better or worse chances for upgrades when using a free night certificate?
You will still get everything you normally would with Diamond status, not have to pay any resort fees but you are in the third tier for upgrades, behind those using 100k points for their stay and those paying cash. However sometimes you get fantastic upgrades with single night stays. As a Silver I got upgraded from a $150 standard king room at the Hilton Chicago Michigan Ave to the $1,100 night Van Der Rohe Suite.
Just confirming- if I want to use Amex MRs for flight redemption on Delta, do I transfer them to Delta and then purchase the flights? Or do I go through the Amex travel portal? Also, I assume if I transfer these to Delta and cancel my Delta flights, then those MR are now Delta miles, correct? I can cancel and get the miles back I hope as I do with SW. We're trying to work on flights to Hawaii and find the best way to utilize these MRs that we've accumulated.
You could either transfer to Delta SkyMiles or book paying with your MR directly through AMEX Travel. If you transfer and book using SkyMiles, you'll get the SkyMiles back if you cancel. If you book through AMEX Travel and cancel you'll get a travel voucher from Delta. Once you transfer to SkyMiles there is no way to turn them back into MR.

Happy Easter, DH and I are in our Alila Ventana Big Sur room relaxing after a 6 mile hike. We love it here, they have thought of everything, the food is delicious and we’ve had more than we would normally eat so we are walking to and from all our meals. We are only here 2 nights, 3 would have been perfect but booked too late and could only get 2.
What other adult only resorts would you all recommend?

Last edited:
No fancy imoji's as I'm too busy to look them up, but I'd say, 'its a whole new world' out there after 2 years.
I've been trying to keep up with WDW changes as best as I can. All my feeds are saturated by Disney whether it's positive or negative. I even made a Tik Tok just because Disney is dropping exclusive content there! :rotfl:

As for churning, I just dropped below 5/24 this month so I am excited for some URs!

Happy Easter, DH and I are in our Alila Ventana Big Sur room relaxing after a 6 mile hike. We love it here, they have thought of everything, the food is delicious and we’ve had more than we would normally eat so we are walking to and from all our meals. We are only here 2 nights, 3 would have been perfect but booked too late and could only get 2.

hyatt zilaras are pretty popular. my friend who is a hyatt diehard really like Cap Cana. Food is the best there compared to the rest of the zilaras.
easy way to find the top places, any of the category 8s are top notch :P some mentions include Alila Napa

Back from a crazy 24+ hours in Vegas. I better have earned mom of a lifetime status for this! Friday morning the 17yo and I hopped a flight to Vegas so she could see BTS. As soon as we got our boarding passes I booked the Westin just off the strip using m 35k FNC. We landed at 8am, and headed to the hotel. They had a room already for us. So we dropped our stuff, changed and got ready to hit the strip. I took my mini me up and down the strip. We walked 15 miles on Friday! But apparently this was the best concert she's ever seen and she still can't believe we did this.

Saturday morning we listed on the 9:30am flight. The night before the BF told me there were 10 open seats. Well by morning that wasn't the case. They were oversold. My DD uses buddy passes, where I am on the BF bennies. So her seniority is VERY low. They actually opened the door because they ended up having 1 seat left. I sent the 17yo home and had to figure out what to do myself. Luckily I didn't check out of the hotel when we left. So I called the hotel and asked for a late checkout. They granted me until 1pm. I then booked myself on the 6:30pm flight. I headed back to the hotel and tried to make the best, so I soaked up some sun. I was too sore to do much else, LOL. When I headed back to my room to checkout my key was dead so I went to get it reactivated, they were able to extend me to 3pm!!!

I was then left w/ a huge dilemma. The BF was on his way to Vegas on a trip. He was landing at 8pm. I still headed to the airport. We went back and forth debating if I should go back on Sat or wait and go back on his flight Sunday. He was very worried that I might get screwed/stuck (his flight was showing 7 open seats). He also told me he had a terrible headache and was exhausted. He was going to need to check out at 11am today to do a LAS to SAN to LAS flight then the LAS to DTW at 6:30. When I got a seat for sure on the Sat flight, I decided to come back. Possibly good I did, his flight looks like it doesn't have any open seats tonight. I do have to say, I love that hacking (plus his benefits) allows me to do things like this last minute!

I have collected some free night certificates from Hilton. I am considering booking the Orlando Waldorf Astoria for one night on an upcoming trip. Does anyone have experience using free night certificates along with Hilton Diamond status? Do they still recognize the diamond status? Better or worse chances for upgrades when using a free night certificate?
I used 3 FNC at the All Inclusive Hilton in PDC and they upgraded us to a swim up oceanfront room! I was also upgraded to a $5k/nt suite using points at the Diplomat in Hollywood Beach. I got all my diamond perks at both places too!

Signed up for Blue Apron via Ibotta.

- $65 back on Ibotta, credits in 45 days
- 10% back on chase INK card
- $110 off new subscriptions (discounts the first 5 boxes)

I did the 2 meals for 2 people, first box ended up being $5 shipped. Skipped every box in May and will have one shipped in June. I'll continue to skip until ibotta credits 😅 fingers crossed this works

I've been debating doing something like this. I guess I need to look into this offer. Esp if it's super cheap!

Aww, she's adorable! My sister got a Havanese puppy in 2021! I honestly never knew much about the breed before that, but he's a funny and playful little guy. He loves to jump super high and give kisses on the face. I can't believe how soft his coat is either. Definitely a wonderful dog and companion!

I did the Hilton AI in Playa Del Carmen in March. It was great!!!

Need advice on next card to get.

I only have a Chase Sapphire Preferred with bonus posted Feb 2020.
I want to have my spouse sign up for the CSP so we can get a bonus + referral. However, we don’t want to pay 2 annual fees, so I plan to downgrade my CSP. We are considering trying to get in the cycle of one of us applying for the CSP every 2 years for the bonus.
My question is related to the Freedom cards. I currently have a “pre approval” on my Chase account for both Freedoms. I've never had a Freedom card.

Can I apply for one Freedom to get the bonus and then downgrade to that same Freedom after the referral bonus posts and points are transferred to spouse’s account? What order should I do all this in or is there a better way to downgrade and still get Freedom bonus? Or, should I apply for the Flex and then downgrade to the Unlimited after the referral posts and transferring the points to my spouse. Any opinions on which Freedom is best?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter