I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Chase can't find my activity reservation to refund me. The guy I'm talking to has a rooster crowing non-stop in the background (for real) and there is so much static. This is the third time I've been transferred. I've asked to speak with a supervisor.

I strongly recommend booking tours elsewhere--it's not worth it.
I'm so sorry, I would call on a weekday I bet supervisors probably don't work on weekends.

I have 3 tours booked through Chase travel portal. I have called the vendor directly to confirm and have been able to add our cell phone to the reservation.
I was planning on booking several Paris tours, but because I don't speak french I'm afraid I won't be able to confirm tours directly with the vendor.

I'm so sorry, I would call on a weekday I bet supervisors probably don't work on weekends.

I have 3 tours booked through Chase travel portal. I have called the vendor directly to confirm and have been able to add our cell phone to the reservation.
I was planning on booking several Paris tours, but because I don't speak french I'm afraid I won't be able to confirm tours directly with the vendor.
in Paris even though I did babble fish and duo lingo (waste of time lol ) you can get away with English I did say things wrong in reims, but I won't type those, Paris most spoke English FWIW.

I did finally get through to a supervisor in the right department (part of the issue was I kept getting sent to the wrong department). After the supervisor asked me what I wanted him to do (um, please refund my points) and we got on the same page, he contacted accounting. I did have to forward him the email I received saying the tour was canceled and my refund was issued 5/28. He then refunded the points while I was on the phone although it seems like this wasn't the normal process.

All that said, there still is too much of a disconnect between Chase/Viator/tour operators for me to be comfortable booking through them again.

in Paris even though I did babble fish and duo lingo (waste of time lol ) you can get away with English I did say things wrong in reims, but I won't type those, Paris most spoke English FWIW.

It's still helpful and courteous to learn at least a few things and not be THAT American. Also not all waiters and shop people know English. Had to ask for the bill and restroom location at one place cause they don't just bring you the check. Also had to get some throat drops from a pharmacy and would have been lost without Google translate to make sure I got the right item. Our cashier didn't speak english.

So Chase can't find my activity reservation to refund me. The guy I'm talking to has a rooster crowing non-stop in the background (for real) and there is so much static. This is the third time I've been transferred. I've asked to speak with a supervisor.

I strongly recommend booking tours elsewhere--it's not worth it.
Sounds like when I’m dealing with dental coverage! I’m the office manager for my DH’s pediatric dental practice and I always get routed to people with roosters! 😂. I just ask to be transferred to a supervisor in the US. Only way to get issues resolved. 😊

I did finally get through to a supervisor in the right department (part of the issue was I kept getting sent to the wrong department). After the supervisor asked me what I wanted him to do (um, please refund my points) and we got on the same page, he contacted accounting. I did have to forward him the email I received saying the tour was canceled and my refund was issued 5/28. He then refunded the points while I was on the phone although it seems like this wasn't the normal process.

All that said, there still is too much of a disconnect between Chase/Viator/tour operators for me to be comfortable booking through them again.
That's too bad. I've booked a number of tours in both Alaska and London and never had a problem, plus airport pickup in Orlando and London. The only time I had an issue was the airport pickup in London, the driver no-showed. I contacted the company, apparently they contract with drivers in multiple countries in Europe. The investigated and "refunded my payment" which obviously went to Chase. By the time I got home, I was over it and never contacted Chase because it was a relatively small number of points.

It's still helpful and courteous to learn at least a few things and not be THAT American. Also not all waiters and shop people know English. Had to ask for the bill and restroom location at one place cause they don't just bring you the check. Also had to get some throat drops from a pharmacy and would have been lost without Google translate to make sure I got the right item. Our cashier didn't speak english.
Oh of course just saying you don't need much to get by in Paris. Other places I'd agree.i speak maybe entry level conversation in french maybe I'm over estimating or had a different experience.

Last edited:
For our next card I'm looking at a SW Biz for DH. Normally I wouldn't try to get a CP pass this late in the year, but we would definitely still get good use out of this year, so I'm ok with it. Only thing is I would like to do it with 2 biz cards. But am I thinking correctly that I would still want to space them three months apart? If that's the case I think maybe I'll wait till next year because I don't want to wait until sept for the second one. As far as our pacing goes, DH and I have both been pretty steady with one every three months, and DH is currently 3/24 so not really wanting to do the MDD on personal cards. I think I just answered my own question...

Akkkk... looks like I've had my identity stolen. I got email bombed today. Looks like at lesst one credit account was opened in my name. Nothing has shown up on my credit reports (yet!) But I froze all 3 and put a fraud alert. Also reported to ftc (like they care). I'm really worried about the extent of the damage.

Akkkk... looks like I've had my identity stolen. I got email bombed today. Looks like at lesst one credit account was opened in my name. Nothing has shown up on my credit reports (yet!) But I froze all 3 and put a fraud alert. Also reported to ftc (like they care). I'm really worried about the extent of the damage.
Make sure you check any online accounts that have credit cards attached, especially places that sell gift cards. They hope to hide fraudulent purchases in that mass of emails. And consider changing your passwords on all of those online shopping sites.

OK, I was panicking but I am seeing articles from this year that still say you can purchase tickets from UT and wipe the cost out. Here is one from March this year: https://upgradedpoints.com/travel/disney-world-for-cheap-with-points/

They are talking about Disney but should apply to other tickets.
.....aaaand while I was debating they stopped selling the ticket I wanted at UT (where are the emojis?) anyway...does Costcotravel count as a travel purchase with CSR?

Does anyone know of you can somehow modify marriot bookings to get points back? Or do you just cancel and rebook?

Does anyone know of you can somehow modify marriot bookings to get points back? Or do you just cancel and rebook?
I just cancel and rebook since that doesn’t require a phone call. And the points typically are immediately available to reuse.

For our next card I'm looking at a SW Biz for DH. Normally I wouldn't try to get a CP pass this late in the year, but we would definitely still get good use out of this year, so I'm ok with it. Only thing is I would like to do it with 2 biz cards. But am I thinking correctly that I would still want to space them three months apart? If that's the case I think maybe I'll wait till next year because I don't want to wait until sept for the second one. As far as our pacing goes, DH and I have both been pretty steady with one every three months, and DH is currently 3/24 so not really wanting to do the MDD on personal cards. I think I just answered my own question...
You could do a MDD on the SW Biz cards also.

I just cancel and rebook since that doesn’t require a phone call. And the points typically are immediately available to reuse.

Ok, I’ll just go ahead and do it. I just always get paranoid that point availability will disappear in the time it takes me to cancel and rebook. Which is unlikely, I know.

This post reminds me of my own “Aha!” :idea: moment regarding UR points transfer to Hyatt vs paying with UR points in the portal. For me it was the Park Hyatt Tokyo which was about $1200 a night, so 80k a night paying with points via the CSR UR portal and then seeing I could just transfer 30k points a night to Hyatt for the exact same room. I’ve since become a Hyatt fan girl and reluctant to blow as many UR points as I used to since I’d rather transfer them to Hyatt.
I'm learning from the best!

Just opened the second portion of our tax bill and it's more than large enough to meet the MSR on a new Chase biz card. My current limits are low, I currently have 2 CIUs (Sept. 21st and Feb. 10th) and 1 CFU open and I'm 4/24. Am I good to apply for another? When dd's tuition comes due in September I'll be able to open another.

Just opened the second portion of our tax bill and it's more than large enough to meet the MSR on a new Chase biz card. My current limits are low, I currently have 2 CIUs (Sept. 21st and Feb. 10th) and 1 CFU open and I'm 4/24. Am I good to apply for another? When dd's tuition comes due in September I'll be able to open another.
Yep. You are good to go.

I had two charges on my Amex from Walmart.com for almost $500 each. I got the fraud alert and immediately checked my Walmart. Sure enough I had two orders for two electronics for $498 each. But they have my email and address on them. I was able to cancel the charges, changed my Walmart password and called Amex fraud.
But why would someone buy something from Walmart.com and have it delivered to me? Is it just a test to see if they can get away with using the card or something?

Not sure why someone would do that, but we have an experience were someone bought like 3 phones and a tablet from Sprint using my husband's SSN for the application had 2 of the items shipped to us, which we presume to not raise a red flag if EVERY item was set up to be sent to an address that was not at all linked to public records about him. So when the Sprint box showed up, I wondered if it was somehow work related for him (we use Verizon) and it accidentally got shipped home, but it was just identity theft. He had to spend a good bit of time getting it straightened out with Sprint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter