I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Chase move their merchant offers? They have always been on my dashboard, but I've looked at two accounts on a PC and on the app and cannot find the offers. I've used them many times so I know where they normally are. Is it just me?

Did Chase move their merchant offers? They have always been on my dashboard, but I've looked at two accounts on a PC and on the app and cannot find the offers. I've used them many times so I know where they normally are. Is it just me?

Only looking on the app since I'm on my phone but I don't see them. They were there this morning because I looked when I was paying bills. Weird.

Only looking on the app since I'm on my phone but I don't see them. They were there this morning because I looked when I was paying bills. Weird.
I see someone on DOC mentioned it also so it must be a system thing...
I still have a ShopDisney offer to use and RMN is 10% so I'd like to get on that.

UPDATE: My Chase offers are still not showing up in a normal browser, but I can see them and activate them Incognito. :scratchin

Last edited:
That's what I'm thinking. I've said for awhile that if one of our cars goes (or has a large repair we know isn't worth doing -- they are both old) that we should just try with 1 for awhile. So while we're helping our son out, it's been a good experiment. I keep saying that if I had an ebike, it would take care of 90% of what I'd want to do if he was using "the" car. Ride up to our pool, ride to the library, ride to the closest grocery store -- all do-able without getting onto busy streets. :)

We would likely not buy a brand new car, though we haven't even looked at how insane used cars are, so perhaps that's not true. I'm just hoping we don't need to buy one anytime soon. Our cars are old but I love them being long since paid off, low insurance, low taxes. I had some Hertz points (that I always find hard to use) and we decided to use them to go to an out of town wedding a few weeks ago, just for fun. It was a VW Touareg which was lovely. We were like "hmmm, this is nice". But after about 100 miles, my DH found a few things about it (just minor comfort stuff) so makes you realize that a test drive doesn't always shake all that out. We were impressed with the gas mileage on it!
This has been my recent dilemma also..... I got some hive mind advice from my local fb frugal living group.... I was torn- DH in early retirement, extreme income difference from a year ago.... we had 2 cars, a 2012(which I love) and 2008 with a LOT of problems that we had bought used about 2 years ago (for a different need,which no longer exists) The 2008 jeep just sat in our driveway, never got used for almost a year (in our state, it had to pass emissions to be legal and it couldn't pass) so basically it was costing us money to keep it for no reason...(so many problems) including "driveway insurance" (had to have with our policies)and town taxes!
..... but for some reason I couldn't wrap my mind around getting rid of it- Until I answered a few simple questions....1) do we actually use it? 2) if my main car had a problem, could I ask a friend or fam member for a ride to the store,etc? 3) In light of our new financial situation, was it worth spending $$ to fix this beater?
SO I sold it. And b/c the market is crazy right now, I sold it as is. Weight off my mind.... if I ever need another car, I'm going to be looking at old,basic,and simple,like that Honda 2006 someone mentioned upthread. I have no interest in driving a computer on wheels anyway...(rant of an old person):rotfl2:

Will you experts please tell me if this is weird?

I have two Capital One cards: A QS which I gave up using out of frustration, because no matter how 'early' I sent my payment (through Bill Pay from my credit union), it would take them over a week to actually post it resulting in a late charge.

The other is a Venture X that I just got, so I told myself that from now on I was going to mail the payment the day the statement closed.

The Venture X payment was scheduled to be sent on 9/22 and arrive at C1 on 9/26. I just checked my C1 statement online and the payment is showing posted yesterday 9/23 but it has not yet shown up as 'cleared' from my checking account. I find that very, very weird.!

I haven't tried since I'm not 2 months out yet. It might be a busy time, so I'd want tickets in advance or guaranteed ability to buy them. The cash rate for Hilton Tokyo Bay is low enough right now that I'm on the fence about using points, so guaranteed ability to buy the tickets plus everything being refundable is appealing to me. The rate for the package is same as the flexible rate though, so a little bit more than the cheapest (HH prepay with 3 day cancel).

Klook does have tickets with a 15 day before cancellation policy. I'll have to think about it. So much more to consider with travel these days.

TDRExplorer has updated his page on how to buy tickets. He's been good about updating stuff and keeping people as informed as he can.

He's got some yt stuff on Halloween horror nights at USJ too. Realize none of us will be there for it, though I'm hoping to next year, it's fun to see the dif character stuff. It's included in normal tickets and includes stuff for kids, which those characters are what interested me way more than the houses which I may skip.

Well I just opened a Citizen's account w/ a bank bonus for "my dad". He had $3k in cash in his house. So I took that and put it where Medicaid won't find it, LOL. I'm sure he has more hiding in his place, so it'll be good to have somewhere to hold his money. We're joint on his everyday account, but from what I've read I need to make sure any spending is "legit" and since it's his SS that is deposited in there, I don't think I can "steal" all his money, even though legally it's both of ours. So I'm getting creative, LOL. Hopefully I'm able to help save some of his assets, and I'm coming to terms with the fact I can't save everything. I need to figure out if in Michigan he can "gift" $500/mo as that would help some of this too, LOL. I'm not finding anything for Michigan when I google. But I am for other states.

On Monday I'm supposed to go to NOLA for work for the week. This was planned way back in June. My mom still wants me to go and she'll handle my dad (who will likely get a pacemaker on Monday and discharged Tues/Weds). My school bought my ticket on Delta. But I'm thinking of cancelling and getting the credit and then flying Spirit, LOL. Delta issues an e-credit right? I booked my ticket using the school credit card. I'm also thinking of possibly flying out Tuesday morning instead, so that's what triggered this idea. I can use my flight benefits on spirit for free :)

Barclays called. Verified some info and then she asked if I wanted to move credit, yes please. So card is on its way. Thankfully it's just a purchase so I'll reload Amazon or something when I get it.
Barclays used to not post your miles until the AF was paid, so when you make the first payment make sure it includes the AF, just to make sure.

I was stressed about my United vs. Delta (UR/MR) choice for my next card, but last night decided to see what I could pull up for AmEx. Got the 150K Plat offer on my first try, so I went for it with their new pre-approval process. Got pre-approved and accepted the offer. Now I need to meet the $6K spend asap.

TDRExplorer has updated his page on how to buy tickets. He's been good about updating stuff and keeping people as informed as he can.

He's got some yt stuff on Halloween horror nights at USJ too. Realize none of us will be there for it, though I'm hoping to next year, it's fun to see the dif character stuff. It's included in normal tickets and includes stuff for kids, which those characters are what interested me way more than the houses which I may skip.

It's interesting that he put Klook as his third choice. The price looks the same and I assume they don't have the cc issues that TDR has. I'm guessing it's because they don't have the timed entry tickets that are slightly cheaper.

Barclays used to not post your miles until the AF was paid, so when you make the first payment make sure it includes the AF, just to make sure.

I'm hoping they post it quickly. Otherwise I may just pay it when I pay the card and let the credit sit there.

It's interesting that he put Klook as his third choice. The price looks the same and I assume they don't have the cc issues that TDR has. I'm guessing it's because they don't have the timed entry tickets that are slightly cheaper.

He says after the third paragraph before the breakdown that he recommends them if you need to buy tickets now though.

On the CC front (I'm actually on topic), I'm thinking about a Hilton card since Home2Suites seems to be pet friendly and a step up from La Quinta. I'm also considering a Blue Business Plus card since I got an offer for 60k MRs if I spend $15k in a year and my "employee" spends $1k in 3 months. I'm keeping my CS Platinum at least one more year, so this seems like a good deal because I am going through Chase Biz cards fast.

Hoping my sister will drive with me to Northern Michigan and then I won't need to stop but if she doesn't I will make a stop in PA on the way there and in OH on the way home. My parents still have four days for either side to back out of the sale and they need to be out by 10/26 which is not much time since my dad is in not the best health and wasn't the least bit helpful in his prime. So basically my mom is doing everything:( And if I didn't have a stupid conference to attend in two weeks, I'd just go up there for the month.

On the CC front (I'm actually on topic), I'm thinking about a Hilton card since Home2Suites seems to be pet friendly and a step up from La Quinta. I'm also considering a Blue Business Plus card since I got an offer for 60k MRs if I spend $15k in a year and my "employee" spends $1k in 3 months. I'm keeping my CS Platinum at least one more year, so this seems like a good deal because I am going through Chase Biz cards fast.

Hoping my sister will drive with me to Northern Michigan and then I won't need to stop but if she doesn't I will make a stop in PA on the way there and in OH on the way home. My parents still have four days for either side to back out of the sale and they need to be out by 10/26 which is not much time since my dad is in not the best health and wasn't the least bit helpful in his prime. So basically my mom is doing everything:( And if I didn't have a stupid conference to attend in two weeks, I'd just go up there for the month.
Good luck with all of it. I'm not looking forward to cleaning out my moms house when she dies. She can't /won't do anything now and my sister and I were going to work on it this past summer but I broke my shoulder and derailed the plans.

Will you experts please tell me if this is weird?

I have two Capital One cards: A QS which I gave up using out of frustration, because no matter how 'early' I sent my payment (through Bill Pay from my credit union), it would take them over a week to actually post it resulting in a late charge.

The other is a Venture X that I just got, so I told myself that from now on I was going to mail the payment the day the statement closed.

The Venture X payment was scheduled to be sent on 9/22 and arrive at C1 on 9/26. I just checked my C1 statement online and the payment is showing posted yesterday 9/23 but it has not yet shown up as 'cleared' from my checking account. I find that very, very weird.!
I always pay directly through Capital One and I have never had a problem being late. I have had it post to Capital One before it posts to my checking account. I’m not sure if it has to do with the day of the week or anything else.

I always pay directly through Capital One and I have never had a problem being late. I have had it post to Capital One before it posts to my checking account. I’m not sure if it has to do with the day of the week or anything else.
I pay all mine directly through Cap One also and have never had any issues.

Finally headed to Venice and Rome in November, a trip which has been twice rescheduled. I'd love to hear suggestions:
1. Dining recommendations
2. Must Dos
3. What should I absolutely buy in Italy? I'd love specific details, if you say shoes or linens, etc.
I went to Italy (Rome, Capri, Pisa, & Lucca) many years ago so I only remember weird things like seeing someone filling glass water bottles from a public fountain (not a drinking fountain) in Rome and then seeing the same type of bottles served open to guests at a nearby restaurant. After that we stuck to carbonated water served with the tops on. We struggled to find food during the day when we wandered beyond the super touristy areas, and they eat dinner there really late. We enjoyed great coffee, tiramisu, gelato, and pasta. A woman tried to mug my husband when we exited the train station. Fortunately she only got a map because his wallet was hidden in an inside pocket. One thing we bought in Italy was olive oil in a cool old looking bottle that was sealed with wax. It was delicious and I saved the bottle to use as decor in my kitchen.

I went to Italy (Rome, Capri, Pisa, & Lucca) many years ago so I only remember weird things like seeing someone filling glass water bottles from a public fountain (not a drinking fountain) in Rome and then seeing the same type of bottles served open to guests at a nearby restaurant. After that we stuck to carbonated water served with the tops on. We struggled to find food during the day when we wandered beyond the super touristy areas, and they eat dinner there really late. We enjoyed great coffee, tiramisu, gelato, and pasta. A woman tried to mug my husband when we exited the train station. Fortunately she only got a map because his wallet was hidden in an inside pocket. One thing we bought in Italy was olive oil in a cool old looking bottle that was sealed with wax. It was delicious and I saved the bottle to use as decor in my kitchen.
The water from the aqueducts in Rome is about as good as it gets.

I'd recommend a cross body purse.

We were in Rome, Capri, Sorrento, Naples, Pompeii, Florence, and Pisa this summer (on a cruise so really only three days in Rome). We had the best pizza in Sorrento.

I didn't really buy any souvenirs.

I got my approval email from Barclays and went into the app and the cars was there. It let me add it to Google pay so I'll be able to use it before I get the card. Didn't think it would be an option since I knew they didn't give a card number on approval.

ETA it was Google wallet not google pay so not an option to fill in the info on a website. Need to be able to use the actual wallet.

Last edited:
Finally headed to Venice and Rome in November, a trip which has been twice rescheduled. I'd love to hear suggestions:
1. Dining recommendations
2. Must Dos
3. What should I absolutely buy in Italy? I'd love specific details, if you say shoes or linens, etc.
I just visited Rome last month. We stayed at Margutta 19 (Hyatt) on points. It was a nice boutique hotel in a great location and it included breakfast. We got a mini suite with a large balcony overlooking the back garden for the lowest points redemption amount. The breakfast staff was SO nice. Subway was easy to navigate. I only used Uber once because it's expensive. Rome doesn't have regular Uber, it's Uber Black.

Must dos: Colosseum and Roman Forum, Spanish Steps, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain. Trying to get tickets to the Colosseum through the official site was a nightmare because they they sold out quickly when they were released (30 days out if IIRC). Maybe you will have better luck since it is less busy in Nov. I ended up splurging big time and doing a private tour that included the underground. The underground is not included in all tickets/tours because access is limited to a much smaller number of visitors, so make sure you know which tix you are buying. Even if you do not do a private tour, I would recommend doing a group tour. I toured it on my own years ago and enjoyed it, but we learned so many details from our guide. Not sure if I am allowed to post the name of that company, but feel free to PM me if you want it. Tours usually also include the Roman Forum, and I was also glad to have the tour guide there too. There's so much to see, just walking around exploring is fun. Let me know if you have any questions.

ETA: Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's is also a must do. Every restaurant we went to served large bottles of water for the table to share, no tap water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter