I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DS will be on Spring Break for his 16th birthday in March. Any suggestions on where to go. We did HI 2 years ago. I have 9 days to play with Sat-Sun.
How about Portugal to see the big waves at Nazare? Then Lisbon and south Portugal. I was planning that for my boys when Covid hit.

I have a NLL biz plat offer out there. I'm tempted to pull the trigger on it, in hopes I'd then get the new +4 support offer (currently available on all of my biz cards, so seems odds are good).

I did get screwed on this the last time they offered it and credited it to the wrong card (non MSR card). Despite my screenshots, their internal review showed nothing amiss. But, earning 9x on travel would be pretty nice... it'd be like a sub in and of itself.

2 questions:

Is there a way to add a second driver when you rent a car using URs? And if so, does the driver have to be with me when I pick up the car? Renting a car to drive to Michigan and my sister will likely drive with me.

I see CSR PYB extended the current categories. I'm probably blind but can you still use points to cover the annual fee? My renewal is in November.

2 questions:

Is there a way to add a second driver when you rent a car using URs? And if so, does the driver have to be with me when I pick up the car? Renting a car to drive to Michigan and my sister will likely drive with me.

I see CSR PYB extended the current categories. I'm probably blind but can you still use points to cover the annual fee? My renewal is in November.
On the second question - yes. AF is still a PYB category.

Please tell me I didn't mess this up. I had a 160k (150k + 10k employee) offer for the biz plat. I was doing the app and skipped the add an employee card step because I wasn't thinking. I added it during the account set up immediately after, but the terms say it must be added during the app. Has anyone else done it this way and still gotten the 10k?

How are you guys doing? I heard the wind at 11 pm and 1 am but other than that I think everything is good here. I’m still laying in bed but dh said there’s no damage outside our house
We're fine I'm actually in California. In the Lyft going to lax now.Tried to go back the day before standby was too long (30+ and 60+). When i left my dw and i packed everything in the house. I decided to make the best of it instead of staying in Los Angeles i went to Disney land. Amex insurance should cover it all food and hotel. Glad we just got wind when rain or I'd never hear the end of it 😆

Yes and not necessarily. You can add a second driver when you pick up the car or at any point during the rental. The catch is that you and they must both be at the rental counter together. The company has to check the docs of your second driver and you have to authorize them onto your contract.

Please tell me I didn't mess this up. I had a 160k (150k + 10k employee) offer for the biz plat. I was doing the app and skipped the add an employee card step because I wasn't thinking. I added it during the account set up immediately after, but the terms say it must be added during the app. Has anyone else done it this way and still gotten the 10k?
I can't help with your exact scenario, but if it makes you feel any better, I signed P2 up as the employee on my last biz plat during the application and never got the employee card (nor, of course, the 10K). Since I'm on my 4th of this kind of card, I decided not pursue the issue and draw eyes to my account. Hope it works for you!

Yes and not necessarily. You can add a second driver when you pick up the car or at any point during the rental. The catch is that you and they must both be at the rental counter together. The company has to check the docs of your second driver and you have to authorize them onto your contract.
I decided to rent through Costco and get a refund on my URs since I can get the second driver free. Then I'll meet my sister at the airport (since it's $200 cheaper to rent from the airport) and get the car the day before. This is a hassle but her mini cooper is stick which I can't drive and my minivan is too old to drive almost 1,000 miles each way and not be a little nervous!

I really should be most nervous about one of us murdering the other one along the way. I'll need to be on my best behavior and remind myself of off limits topics:)

It says it's a red card exclusive, unless someone has a dp of it working, I would think you have to actually use the red card to make the purchase.

You have to have a red card for the offer to appear but can use any payment.

Did mine in store to get a variety of physical cards for gifts. Used the coupon, charged to a different card, cashier didn't blink and system still gave the discount.

Made it home safely... and on my scheduled flights.

My colleagues, who were booked on a later departure out of Saskatoon, will be spending the night in Calgary again.... I am so so glad I booked the earlier one!

Security wise (I don't travel often), I think it's very dumb that if you are selected for "additional" screening, it should be AFTER, and not before, the regular screening. I had to take my luggage apart twice. The last couple of times I've flown domestically, I didn't have to remove liquids (this was even before I had TSA Pre Check) so having to haul it out of a very full suitcase twice was quite frustrating.

Global Entry did save me a bit of a line, however, so there's that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter