I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reply from Chase on the 90,000 CIU offer (card approved 9/10)

am pleased to confirm that we can match the 90,000 bonus points offer on your account, but the spending criteria will remain $7,500.00 and not change to $6,000.00. Our records show that you have not yet met the spending requirement of $7,500.00. Once you meet the required spend, please reply to this email to claim the offer and we will add 15,000 bonus points to match the 90,000 bonus points offer. We'll post the original 75,000 bonus points to your account within 6 to 8 weeks after the billing cycle in which you qualify.
Got the same response on my CIC, applied Sep. Nice!

DH got the CIU in the last 90 days and he already received the bonus. I think I should ask for the match too since most are having good luck. What do you say in the SM?

I see I hit my spend on CIC #3 and I see the matching 15k is there too. So once I spend $100 more on the Amex Gold Biz, I'll have hit all my MSR active. Which lines up nice for doing the MDD in November. I'm once again listing the cards to do next, LOL. Right now I'm thinking the MDD and then maybe the AA Citi Biz. I like having AA miles and an AA card for free luggage for my NC summer trips. I'm going to cancel the Barclay Biz when the AF posts and try my luck churning that at some point.

AA Citi Biz offers seem to just be the standard 65k from my research. Does that seem right? I mean I'm likely not applying until Jan at the earliest, LOL. Of course by then there might be some new card I want instead.

Also is there anything that triggers Amex offering the Aspire upgrade? My diamond will expire soon from my 2019 Aspire (LOL, I got some nice extended use there, LOL). I have the surpass I always hit the $15k spend on, and I added the free Hilton card to my stash. Since I already had the Aspire I know I can't get a SUB but an upgrade offer would be sweet.

Reply from Chase on the 90,000 CIU offer (card approved 9/10)

am pleased to confirm that we can match the 90,000 bonus points offer on your account, but the spending criteria will remain $7,500.00 and not change to $6,000.00. Our records show that you have not yet met the spending requirement of $7,500.00. Once you meet the required spend, please reply to this email to claim the offer and we will add 15,000 bonus points to match the 90,000 bonus points offer. We'll post the original 75,000 bonus points to your account within 6 to 8 weeks after the billing cycle in which you qualify.
Woke up to Chase giving me 15,000 points this morning. Met the spend this statement period (a few weeks ago). I got the 15,000 points before the 75,000 points which should hit my account today after the statement closes.

I see I hit my spend on CIC #3 and I see the matching 15k is there too. So once I spend $100 more on the Amex Gold Biz, I'll have hit all my MSR active. Which lines up nice for doing the MDD in November. I'm once again listing the cards to do next, LOL. Right now I'm thinking the MDD and then maybe the AA Citi Biz. I like having AA miles and an AA card for free luggage for my NC summer trips. I'm going to cancel the Barclay Biz when the AF posts and try my luck churning that at some point.

AA Citi Biz offers seem to just be the standard 65k from my research. Does that seem right? I mean I'm likely not applying until Jan at the earliest, LOL. Of course by then there might be some new card I want instead.

Also is there anything that triggers Amex offering the Aspire upgrade? My diamond will expire soon from my 2019 Aspire (LOL, I got some nice extended use there, LOL). I have the surpass I always hit the $15k spend on, and I added the free Hilton card to my stash. Since I already had the Aspire I know I can't get a SUB but an upgrade offer would be sweet.

I keep hoping for an Aspire upgrade for DH, but no luck yet. Holding an Aspire probably doesn't help lol. I like to check Menu -> All Card -> View all Credit Cards. Have seen upgrade offers there that I didn't see elsewhere.

Wish there was an elevated offer for the Citi AA biz, it's been 65k for over 2 years.

IHG......so I've tried a variety Of dummy bookings,various places, different date configurations...... points never reflect the 4th night free,in fact if I try to go from 3 to 4 nights the price per night goes up.... my bro called in and got no help..... I'd love to dig in and figure out what is going on here,I thought it was supposed to automatically apply on bookings.
If you are seeing the price per night go UP on 3 nights as opposed to 4, then they are likely accounting for the 4th night free. I just checked and mine works fine. You'll never see the 4th night look "free". They adjust the points per night to make it free. So for example, if it's 40K points a night for 4 nights, then you'll see it as 30,000K charged each night (saving you 10K per night x 4 nights = 40,000 nt free). I hope that makes sense.

ETA: my math may be wrong on this, but you should get the point, lol.

Check Slick Deals for a cheap PlayStation Plus membership. There are three levels. All you need to play online is the lowest which is Essential. The normal price is $60. Normally you can find it for around $40. Closer to Black Friday it goes down to $30-35. You can also stack memberships. If he wants to upgrade to one of the higher tiers you can stack cheap Essential memberships and then upgrade for cheap to the higher ones. Right now I have around 9 years of Essential on my account and I can upgrade all 9 year to the highest level for $150 total when just one year is $120 normally.
yeah also Costco sells the PlayStation 100$ for 75 tbh I thought the higher tier wasn't worth it at first they gave me a 3-month trial and I've been using it since the 60$ more has kept me busy enough but I also don't have as much time as my younger self.

I keep hoping for an Aspire upgrade for DH, but no luck yet. Holding an Aspire probably doesn't help lol. I like to check Menu -> All Card -> View all Credit Cards. Have seen upgrade offers there that I didn't see elsewhere.

Wish there was an elevated offer for the Citi AA biz, it's been 65k for over 2 years.
Listen to wanderlust7! I just checked where they mentioned as I'm in the same situation with the 2019 Diamond gift and was hoping for an upgrade. Right where they indicated, there is an "You may qualify for an upgrade!" offer. When I'm ready to do the application, I'll apply and then take the upgrade as is often mentioned here.

Listen to wanderlust7! I just checked where they mentioned as I'm in the same situation with the 2019 Diamond gift and was hoping for an upgrade. Right where they indicated, there is an "You may qualify for an upgrade!" offer. When I'm ready to do the application, I'll apply and then take the upgrade as is often mentioned here.

Curious what offer did you get? That section will also show you the option to upgrade (with no offer). It's gotten my hopes up before, just wanted to check that's not the case.

I was going to chat with Amex about a retention offer, but I have chat button today. Hmmm, what the heck Amex.

The chat function has been missing for a little while.
Interesting. I thought someone had done chat just last week for a retention offer. If I can't get one, I need to downgrade the card, which I always do by chat. Wonder if it will be back soon?
Weird that it still there on my checking account, but not if I toggle back to my card.

Interesting. I thought someone had done chat just last week for a retention offer. If I can't get one, I need to downgrade the card, which I always do by chat. Wonder if it will be back soon?
Weird that it still there on my checking account, but not if I toggle back to my card.

There was a DP of someone being able to get transferred from the checking chat.

Asking for a friend...

What is the highest number of active Ink cards we know for sure anyone has?
I have 5 active Inks. I'm about to close a couple just because I don't want that many.

I still have a chat button when I log into AmEx. It pops up in the lower right hand corner. I'm on a laptop, don't know if it makes a difference what device you are using.

I have 5 active Inks. I'm about to close a couple just because I don't want that many.

I still have a chat button when I log into AmEx. It pops up in the lower right hand corner. I'm on a laptop, don't know if it makes a difference what device you are using.
I have tried my phone and 2 browers, so far nothing. Seems to be a known issue, judging by twitter.

I have a question about Global Entry eligibility. If someone (not me) had a misdemeanor on their record from 20+ years ago, would that make them be denied for GE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter