I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, even after reading the recent reports of people forgetting to unfreeze their credit I still forgot to unfreeze mine when I applied for a new CIU. Now I have to wait and call on Monday. It is TransUnion in case anyone else needs to know.

Ugh, even after reading the recent reports of people forgetting to unfreeze their credit I still forgot to unfreeze mine when I applied for a new CIU. Now I have to wait and call on Monday. It is TransUnion in case anyone else needs to know.

It's not the same in every state. I always look at my reports to see who has the chase hp and that's what I unfreeze. Just looked and mine pulls equifax, only one that does. Trans has bofa and Barclays.

Or maybe I'll just get a personal card too. :rolleyes: I have other goals for next year though. Might be better to churn my CSR. Decisions decisions!
I don't recall if you've said this before, but there's two SW biz cards and you can get the bonus for both. It's only the personal cards that have the one-per rule. If you haven't received the bonus on the Premier Biz in the last 2 years you could apply for that too and save a personal spot.

Has anyone flown SW in Oct on points? Did your flights count towards A list status? I know they gave us credit for Jan-Sept. Trying to decide if I need to switch to $ flights to maintain A list status for next year.
We flew in October. My tracker shows 12 flights and that's exactly how many we've flown all year (I think all on points), so that says to me they are counting October flights towards A-list. Unless there were ever double points or something.
However, the pop up I got specifically said "We're adding reward travel completed 1/1-9/19/22 to flight segment counts toward tiers status..." It's so weird that they so specifically call out those dates and don't just say "We'll count all of 2022."

I don't recall if you've said this before, but there's two SW biz cards and you can get the bonus for both. It's only the personal cards that have the one-per rule. If you haven't received the bonus on the Premier Biz in the last 2 years you could apply for that too and save a personal spot.
That’s a great idea. Maybe I’ll pare down some of my Inks. I only use 1 or 2 anyway.

Thanks for the headsup! I'm thinking I may try to dip my toe back into the biz card scene,you all reminded me to unfreeze first!

Is there a way to see hotel availability and cost on the Chase portal without having a card that allows you to book? I'll be calling recon on my denied CSR on 11/1, but until then, anyway to check what's out there? I'm hoping to get a hotel for DH in Ireland for next weekend. Which leads to question 2 - if I do get approved, can I book through the portal as soon as the card shows in my account or do I have to wait to receive the actual card?

Is there a way to see hotel availability and cost on the Chase portal without having a card that allows you to book? I'll be calling recon on my denied CSR on 11/1, but until then, anyway to check what's out there? I'm hoping to get a hotel for DH in Ireland for next weekend. Which leads to question 2 - if I do get approved, can I book through the portal as soon as the card shows in my account or do I have to wait to receive the actual card?
If you have any UR earning card you have access to the UR travel portal. The number of points required to redeem will be different but all UR cards can book through travel portal. For a time the CSR was using a different booking engine while they completed the transfer back to CX Loyalty, but I just checked now and it was the same for my CF and my CSR. So if you have a Freedom, an Ink or a Sapphire you should be seeing all the same options as a CSR.

I haven’t used Plastiq in a while. Thinking about my upcoming expenses and I have one that doesn’t take a card but I can do Plastiq. Have there been any changes? Still good to use with a Visa card?

I haven’t used Plastiq in a while. Thinking about my upcoming expenses and I have one that doesn’t take a card but I can do Plastiq. Have there been any changes? Still good to use with a Visa card?
This is Plastiq's most updated chart that I could find:
https://support.plastiq.com/s/article/supported-payments-by-card-brand

In addition, Plastiq will not process any personal Capital One Visa card for payment. They will only process CapOne biz cards and those cannot be used to pay any loan (auto, home, HELOC, student).

Debit cards are now charged the same 2.85% fee as credit cards.

If you have any UR earning card you have access to the UR travel portal. The number of points required to redeem will be different but all UR cards can book through travel portal. For a time the CSR was using a different booking engine while they completed the transfer back to CX Loyalty, but I just checked now and it was the same for my CF and my CSR. So if you have a Freedom, an Ink or a Sapphire you should be seeing all the same options as a CSR.
Thanks! I never knew you could book travel with a Freedom. Not that I'm going to, but at least I can see what's out there for when I (hopefully0 get the CSR!

I was hoping for an automatic approval on my CIC application but I got "we need more time" message. I lowered my CL so that was not the hold up. I hate to wait. :worried:
Replying to myself to add my DP. I was approved later that night as I saw the new card in my app the next morning. Odd but I never received an email from them. I had just closed my oldest ink with 8K CL and also lowered one pers cards by 14K and I still only got 4K CL. Nothing changed on my household income so that seemed stingy. But I can work with 4K lol.

Is there a reason I should wait till I receive and use the card before I SM again to ask to be matched to the new 90K SUB offer?

Replying to myself to add my DP. I was approved later that night as I saw the new card in my app the next morning. Odd but I never received an email from them. I had just closed my oldest ink with 8K CL and also lowered one pers cards by 14K and I still only got 4K CL. Nothing changed on my household income so that seemed stingy. But I can work with 4K lol.

Is there a reason I should wait till I receive and use the card before I SM again to ask to be matched to the new 90K SUB offer?
Yeah, I decreased my total CL by $7K and only got a $4K CL on my new CIU. Chase seems less willing to extend lots of credit on their biz cards, but I have $20K combined CL on my biz cards so being able to move CLs around by SM makes that $4K CL less of an issue.

IME you can SM to be matched to the new 90K offer. I was approved, SM'd and received the match, all within 48-72 hours this week. I am waiting for the card to arrive, and am not in a hurry so I didn't ask to expedite it.

Back when we had both the CSP and the CSR, whenever we checked the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel site, it would show different hotel options based on which credit card you were using. So, for example, some hotels would be available with the CSP but would not show up under the CSR. We thought hotels would show up on both cards, just with different pricing, but this was not the case.

We completed the AMEX Business Platinum 250K offer, and were ready to apply for the AMEX business Gold 180K offer, but it was already too late. Any other large bonus offers currently?

Can the concierge service included with Chase credit cards be used as a personal travel agent? We have Chase Preferred Private Client and Chase United Airlines Mileage Plus credit cards.

There's two codes right now for Amazon if paying with a Citi card, citi2022 ($15) and 22citi10 ($10). I was able to use both codes, two orders, with my premier. There's a post on DoC
Thanks for posting this! Amazon offers are always hit or miss (mostly miss for me lately) but this worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter