• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say no. The airport isn't really close to downtown and by the time you get out of the airport and then need to leave to come back in time to get through security again, you wouldn't have much time on Broadway. Is your layover during the day? We are in Nashville almost every weekend for other activities and I will admit that Broadway is the last thing I want to do there. So many other fun things to do.
No idea about going to Broadway…but if there is a better flight that day you can switch to it at no additional charge

I'd do what @palhockeymomof2 suggested and find a better flight.

Thanks Y'all! Unfortunately, The other two flights are at 6 AM ish and we wouldn't be able to make it. My layover is during the day, land at 1:30 and the next flight is at 7:30. I mostly wanted to eat at a celebrity restaurant but I don't mind any other activities. Thanks in advance for suggestions :)

Thank you! The bonus is the same for both, which is why I can't decide. lol. I wasn't sure who should have which Freedom card. Can you transfer points from one person's Freedom to another person's Ultimate Rewards?
If you link yours and P2 cards (which sometimes requires a phone call) you can transfer easily between CSP and any Freedom cards (as well as the UR earning biz cards)

@FreeDiningFanatic and whoever else booked japan trips can someone help me with some pro tips, everything im seeing on JAL and ANA is waitlisted. I know there were more but i think free dining did a review its been a while trying to plan this thanks in advance.

Everyone that has had trips since 2020 cancelled is trying to rebook. If you arent booking direct with Ana for first you won't find it. And you'll also have to be on top of the day/time it releases to even get a shot at 1st from where you are looking. They have cut routes, I had to rebook on DL because there was nothing for ana out of seattle.

You'd be better off trying for biz than 1st but I'm sure that'll be hard. At this point, unless booking economy, I wouldn't bother with trying to do an award flight to Japan on ana via virgin.

Everyone that has had trips since 2020 cancelled is trying to rebook. If you arent booking direct with Ana for first you won't find it. And you'll also have to be on top of the day/time it releases to even get a shot at 1st from where you are looking. They have cut routes, I had to rebook on DL because there was nothing for ana out of seattle.

You'd be better off trying for biz than 1st but I'm sure that'll be hard. At this point, unless booking economy, I wouldn't bother with trying to do an award flight to Japan on ana via virgin.
when do they drop?
yeah im willing to accept ana business class same issue though this is the thing so if i look 350+ days out and im trying to book 10 days i can see a date such as March 31st come back the 9th of April all i see is wait listed so it only lets you do rt right? so how am i supposed to book both flights? I appreciate everyone's help on this.
I didn't see where I could book one ticket and hope for the best on the return (i can just picture my wifes face lol) she doesn't want to go this trip so its just me and my buddy he doesn't think the miles are worth it so whatever i find he will tag along in economy.

DH and I talked about alternative summer 2023 plans. Japan doesn’t seem in a rush to open boarders to tourist. But we didn’t come up with any alternatives that excite us.

I've never called but maybe that would help. I'm usually only booking 1 or 2 tickets plus CP and I've not had a problem with getting a seat. Pretty sure it's ANY seat so no matter if only Anytime or Business Select are available
Maybe try tweeting at them to ask for help. I find SW Twitter super helpful.
I called and the wait time was almost an hour! I decided to risk the changes first and call if there was a problem. It was super stressful doing each one one at a time, but it seems to have all worked out. Yay!! One extra stress was that it wouldn't like me change Houston airports in my "modify." There was a much better flight from MCO into Bush versus Hobby (my changed flight). Fortunately the price was about the same so I was able to cancel each hobby flight for a point refund, and then book again with points. All very stressful though.

On the positive side, for our other flight I was able to use modify to fly out a day earlier on a much better flight that had been way more expensive when I booked.

So all in all it worked out, but it took me much longer than it should have.

Agree it’s a pain….if there are a lot of seats left on the flight you want it shouldn’t be an issue to change…I’d change the person with the CP first, add back the companion…then change the others
Yes, that's exactly what I did--thank you. I decided to call if I ended up having a problem getting him a seat. I didn't so it was fine ... this time. But all the extra steps are a definite PITA (not to mention the stress while booking to make sure things don't change).

when do they drop?
yeah im willing to accept ana business class same issue though this is the thing so if i look 350+ days out and im trying to book 10 days i can see a date such as March 31st come back the 9th of April all i see is wait listed so it only lets you do rt right? so how am i supposed to book both flights? I appreciate everyone's help on this.
I didn't see where I could book one ticket and hope for the best on the return (i can just picture my wifes face lol) she doesn't want to go this trip so its just me and my buddy he doesn't think the miles are worth it so whatever i find he will tag along in economy.

No idea. I know there's some blog posts out there on how to book. I didn't book direct with Ana.

DH and I talked about alternative summer 2023 plans. Japan doesn’t seem in a rush to open boarders to tourist. But we didn’t come up with any alternatives that excite us.

Yeah it's unfortunate. I'm not looking forward to booking it for a 3rd time. Also don't think I'll book a back up for this year. Maybe take an extra day at labor day but we'll see. It'll depend on what the summer weather ends up like and how soon I know I won't be able to go in Aug/Sept.

For any of the LA area/DLR peeps, we will be spending a couple days at USH before going to DLR and will need to get from Sheraton Universal to BW on Harbor. Best way? Uber/Lyft or is there a reliable car service I can pre-book?

No idea. I know there's some blog posts out there on how to book. I didn't book direct with Ana.

Yeah it's unfortunate. I'm not looking forward to booking it for a 3rd time. Also don't think I'll book a back up for this year. Maybe take an extra day at labor day but we'll see. It'll depend on what the summer weather ends up like and how soon I know I won't be able to go in Aug/Sept.
found out its 10pm est seems easy to grab 2 business but fc its 1, i still wonder how the 10 days is going to work i have to be a lucky duck i guess ha

@FreeDiningFanatic and whoever else booked japan trips can someone help me with some pro tips, everything im seeing on JAL and ANA is waitlisted. I know there were more but i think free dining did a review its been a while trying to plan this thanks in advance.
i wouldnt count on any ANA waitlist. Sources from flyertalk said even if there is space, ur very unlikely to get off the waitlist. May apply differently though if u have their status. you can either book far out in advanced or you can book close in, i see a lot of close in availability if u can travel last minute.
Rumor is however, Japan will open up in August of this year.
For any of the LA area/DLR peeps, we will be spending a couple days at USH before going to DLR and will need to get from Sheraton Universal to BW on Harbor. Best way? Uber/Lyft or is there a reliable car service I can pre-book?
uber/lyft would be the most convenient way. prebook an uber/lyft is known to be a scam though. for cheaper ways, u can probably rent a car to drive down and do a same day rental. If you really want to do public transportation, u can take the red line into LA union station, then take amtrak or metrolink down to the fullerton/anaheim station and uber from there. im not sure if there are buses running between disneyland and train stations.

uber/lyft would be the most convenient way. prebook an uber/lyft is known to be a scam though. for cheaper ways, u can probably rent a car to drive down and do a same day rental. If you really want to do public transportation, u can take the red line into LA union station, then take amtrak or metrolink down to the fullerton/anaheim station and uber from there. im not sure if there are buses running between disneyland and train stations.
Thanks. Was thinking of a limo type car service but Lyft will do. No rentals. Neither adult wants to drive. Lol.

Hi! :wave: Good to see you. Feel free to share any DLR tips as we will be there in 45 days!

Good to see you too!

Sadly, I am NOT a good person to ask about DLR any more. I've only been three times since the reopen... all of those visits were prior to Genie Plus... and I am actually not sure we will be going back any time soon. I miss it terribly... but I miss the DLR of "old," as it were.

i wouldnt count on any ANA waitlist. Sources from flyertalk said even if there is space, ur very unlikely to get off the waitlist. May apply differently though if u have their status. you can either book far out in advanced or you can book close in, i see a lot of close in availability if u can travel last minute.
Rumor is however, Japan will open up in August of this year.

yeah i follow some japanese youtubers im just trying to get ahead and hope for the best is JAL any easier? they are around the same points. I think japan will be open next april-may 2023. if not im putting my points where my hunch is :)

We have Cruise in December going out of Port of Miami. Used to going out of Port Canaveral. Anyone have any suggestions for a hotel the night before. Would like to use my Marriott Certificates. I have 2 with 35,000 points but can have points I can add to that also (I think the adding points to certificates goes into effect on May 1). Would like to be close to Port and somewhere easy to walk around for shopping/dinner etc. We did stay at Intercontinental one time and that was very nice - but hoping to use the certificates. Thanks.

What all do you like to do in Nashville? I've only been once and it was for a work function, so we pretty much did broadway the entire time we were there, but we'd love to go back and see more of Nashville. We're about a 4.5 hour drive, so it would be a fun extended weekend trip!

Broadway would have appealed to me in my 20's but not anymore. We are big into sports so we are there a lot for college basketball and baseball. There are some fun restaurants/boutiques in the Hillsboro area on 21st avenue. Same with 12th Avenue South, there are a few of the celebrity boutiques there and we love Bar Taco, although it is a chain with limited locations.The Green Hills area is also good if you or anyone you're with likes shopping. There is also a Top Golf in Nashville that is a fun time. A lot of the smaller surrounding towns have cute downtowns with shops as well.

Update about my travel delay claim on the CSP. SW replied back 8 days later to my e-mailed request for the reason for delay statement (actually cancellation). They just replied that it was due to Air Traffic Control. Now I don't know if the insurance will give me a hard time since I don't think that's a covered reason. I hope I won't need to go back to SW and ask for more clarification that the ATC was due to weather. 🙄 I submitted it along with a news report of the thunderstorms. Not sure if that helps. 🤞

Broadway would have appealed to me in my 20's but not anymore. We are big into sports so we are there a lot for college basketball and baseball. There are some fun restaurants/boutiques in the Hillsboro area on 21st avenue. Same with 12th Avenue South, there are a few of the celebrity boutiques there and we love Bar Taco, although it is a chain with limited locations.The Green Hills area is also good if you or anyone you're with likes shopping. There is also a Top Golf in Nashville that is a fun time. A lot of the smaller surrounding towns have cute downtowns with shops as well.

Thanks! I'm starting a list of places to do long weekend trips now that we're (mostly) empty nesters. We the kids were home, it seemed like we had things going on every weekend and it was harder to get away. Now, not so much, so I need to start planning more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter