• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Called Hyatt to gift my reservations made with FNC to DH since I want him to get the elite night credits. Asked Twitter Concierge about it before, but they said I need to call for security reasons. The phone agent had to wait for someone else who could do it and then it took awhile, guess it's not straightforward.

The HR Seattle reservation went through, though I think they forgot his membership number since it's not showing up in his account. I got a change e-mail though, so it's fine and I'll get it added later. They couldn't change the HP Santa Cruz res. I suspect it's because it changed category and is no longer bookable with a Cat 4 FNC. Oops. Guess I shouldn't have put it off. I'm going to try asking the hotel to make him the lead guest when we're there. Think I've seen DP in Flyertalk that works. 🤞

I know you’ve explained this before, but would you mind sharing again how you do a search? Ever since AA changed their website I can’t seem to see sAAver space anymore. Their old search function worked quite well, but now I don’t know of an easy way to find sAAver fares. Thank you!

i did? i know u used to be able to tell on AA's site but i dont see it anymore but i usually look them up via expertflyer.

I can put $5k on a card for a car down payment today. Wasn’t prepared for this or I would have gotten a new card…
Have IHG, CSP, southwest, discover. Which would give me the best return lol

Just a fun share... newest mouseketeer arrived Aprl 7th. It's a girl! We didn't find out ahead of time. About everyone thought boy based on how I carried, morning sickness, etc. The only thing that fit was lots of heartburn meaning lots of hair! Got a ways to grow into that hat.

View attachment 664861

View attachment 664857
Congratulations so adorable 🥰

Recently applied for and received the Capital One Venture X card. Went to their travel portal to utilize the $300 travel credit. Found a car rental for $300. However, the site would only allow me to pay $217 - the remaining $83 (taxes & fees) had to be paid at pickup. When picking up the vehicle, they didn't have my car category available and gave me an upgrade without asking. Upon leaving the car rental location, checked the receipt and saw that they had charged me $153. Returned to the rental counter and they explained that the taxes and fees were higher due to the upgrade. Told them I only wanted to pay the price agreed to on the confirmation. They said I could wait an hour while they prepped another vehicle. Told them I could not wait and asked for manager. After a lengthy wait, manager fixed it and charged me the $83.

Obviously not happy with this. First off, couldn't pay for and use the entire credit for the booking upfront, and secondly, allowed the rental company to tack on fees at pickup. Is this typical for all car rentals on their travel portal? Always paid for the entire booking when using the Chase UR portal. Since the booking only used $217 of the travel credit, now need to figure out how to use the remaining $83 credit. Overall, just a very frustrating experience!

I was just about to ask which rental agency because I know Hertz President's Club comes with Venture X and that means a free car class upgrade. HOWEVER, when I tried to book our rental thru their portal, they didn't include Hertz as a choice (which seems so weird given the partnership). I ended up booking thru Hertz (and not pre-paid).

This reminds me, when checked our reservation this weekend on the Hertz app, the price was literally half what I was quoted when I booked! I was stunned and took a screenshot. Need to log in again to see what it's showing on the web. ANyone experience that for summer bookings!?

I can put $5k on a card for a car down payment today. Wasn’t prepared for this or I would have gotten a new card…

Depends on what you want. Hotel points, miles, whatever you want to turn the UR into or cash back.

Also depends on if they take discover. I'd go UR since they are the most diverse and could transfer to sw or ihg. Otherwise cash back if they take disc.

This reminds me, when checked our reservation this weekend on the Hertz app, the price was literally half what I was quoted when I booked! I was stunned and took a screenshot. Need to log in again to see what it's showing on the web. ANyone experience that for summer bookings!?

Quoting myself. I just checked online on my pc and the rate is still half what it was at booking! I've printed a paper copy. We booked a Jetta-class sedan for like $710 for 8 days out of Bozeman, but now it's showing $431. So weird (our 4 day rental in MSP in July is still insanely high, even using points to get a fee day).

or apply for a new card and get a new SUB... :]

Just a fun share... newest mouseketeer arrived Aprl 7th. It's a girl! We didn't find out ahead of time. About everyone thought boy based on how I carried, morning sickness, etc. The only thing that fit was lots of heartburn meaning lots of hair! Got a ways to grow into that hat.

View attachment 664861

View attachment 664857
Aww. BIG congrats on your little Mouseketeer. She adorable! 🥰

or apply for a new card and get a new SUB... :]
I would have but I have to go pay in the next few hours. We’ve been trying to track down a new car for my DD20 and they finally called today to say they have one coming in. My DH was apprehensive at opening a new card in the event that she’d be declined for a car loan and we’d have to get the loan in our name.

I’m leaning towards the IHG as I should get 3X the points. Plus it’s get me closer to the $20 yearly spend for the $100 credit and 10k bonus points.

View attachment 664861

View attachment 664857
What happy news, enjoy every minute! Congratulations!

Is cheated the system, hopefully it doesn’t backfire. DH and I each have a Hyatt FNC, we are going to use them in San Diego next month, but the Andaz San Diego has a 2 night minimum and they wouldn’t use them together on one reservations. I used the Pay My Way trick, book one night cash and one night FNC, I did that twice and now I need to cancel the cash nights. Fingers crossed it works.

I'm very happy with it. My dogs won't do kibble only and I'm not a fan of canned. It's generally convenient and they both eat it (both are picky). The space it took up in the freezer did stress me out but that's no longer an issue!

And I still do some kibble (well technically it's Honest Kitchen Clusters). I've read that a completely grain free diet (which Farmer's Dog is) can possibly lead to heart issues.

I know "human grade" dog food is probably some meaningless marketing gimmick, but it makes me feel better:)
Giving it a shot since they offered me 60% my first order which is the same as what I pay for 12 cans of his wet food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter