I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

A Royal Caribbean offer just popped up on Amex - 20k MR when you spend $1,000. The NCL one never showed up this time (my and my AUs had used it the previous 2x) although I still haven't paid for any extras on my Aug cruise in the hope that there is a second drop of them.
You’ve GOT to be kidding me. I JUST paid a deposit on a 2024 cruise on Monday 😭😭😭 I wonder if the travel agent would be willing to get the deposit refunded and rebooked on AMEX? Or any other suggestions??

You’ve GOT to be kidding me. I JUST paid a deposit on a 2024 cruise on Monday 😭😭😭 I wonder if the travel agent would be willing to get the deposit refunded and rebooked on AMEX? Or any other suggestions??
just got this too, and you can try the worst they can say is no and you are in the same situation.
or you can pay exactly 1k towards it before 7/31. I would shoot for a week before TBH sometimes they dont post right away.

1683810500810.png

Last edited:
DD18 has been looking into getting a credit. She is horrible with money. I really think she is going to be someone who uses it too much and can’t pay it off. All these high interest rates on cards are scary. 18-20%. As much as I drill it into her head to only charge in emergencies or do charge something you need to pay it off in full.

We are members of Navy Fed. Dh was in the military. I think I remember she can open an acct? Can she have a navy fed credit card? There rates also seemed better. Are they hard to get? She has no credit really. Has been an authorized user on my Disney Visa for over a year or so.

Any other good options for a first card?
I would have her start with a secured credit card (Discover), and have her start with a budget system (Dave Ramsey is easy). If you want to build her credit you could make her an authorized user on one of your cards but not give her the card.

So on the Royal Caribbean deal - trying to think of alternatives to truly aggravating my TA by asking him to cancel and rebook me. The fine print says:

“Offer valid on cruise bookings made online at US website royalcaribbean.com, by calling 1-866-562-7625, booked with your preferred travel professional where Royal Caribbean is reflected as the merchant of record, or through American Express Travel. Excludes onboard purchases, e-gift card and physical gift card purchases made online, transfers/transportation to the ship.”

To those who have used similar offers in the past, do you think purchases of things like the wifi package, dining package, etc will trigger the offer? And I am one to stalk the prices of those things and cancel and rebook if prices drop. If I book the dining package now and then the price drops, and I cancel and rebook, do you think Amex will claw back the bonus points?

So on the Royal Caribbean deal - trying to think of alternatives to truly aggravating my TA by asking him to cancel and rebook me. The fine print says:

“Offer valid on cruise bookings made online at US website royalcaribbean.com, by calling 1-866-562-7625, booked with your preferred travel professional where Royal Caribbean is reflected as the merchant of record, or through American Express Travel. Excludes onboard purchases, e-gift card and physical gift card purchases made online, transfers/transportation to the ship.”

To those who have used similar offers in the past, do you think purchases of things like the wifi package, dining package, etc will trigger the offer? And I am one to stalk the prices of those things and cancel and rebook if prices drop. If I book the dining package now and then the price drops, and I cancel and rebook, do you think Amex will claw back the bonus points?
I think if you have him rebook and add the wifi/drink packages it will trigger.

not sure about Royal but can you load it up like say put 1k there and then do it I bet there is a trigger where it has to be 1k + not 200+300+500 sort of thing.

Why not just make an extra payment to your cruise fare? Or is your balance less than $1000?

If there's a refund to your cc, there is a possibility that Amex will claw back.

So.... I got an email from Twitter saying they are suspending my account for violating their rules. I have no idea what they are talking about. I only opened an account in case I needed to get answers quicker from airlines/hotels. I have never ever even posted anything. I appealed the case with them and they came back and said I will not be reinstated.

I just appealed again wanting to know specifics, assuming my account was hacked or something. Anyone ever have this happen. Very odd!!

So.... I got an email from Twitter saying they are suspending my account for violating their rules. I have no idea what they are talking about. I only opened an account in case I needed to get answers quicker from airlines/hotels. I have never ever even posted anything. I appealed the case with them and they came back and said I will not be reinstated.

I just appealed again wanting to know specifics, assuming my account was hacked or something. Anyone ever have this happen. Very odd!!
I have no experience with this, but so weird. I would have assumed it was a fake email, but since you received a response back that seems very strange. Is your account actually locked or closed? Frustrating for sure.

I have no experience with this, but so weird. I would have assumed it was a fake email, but since you received a response back that seems very strange. Is your account actually locked or closed? Frustrating for sure.
Yeah - the email looked official. So, I went to my Twitter Account first and sure enough it is locked. My son tried going to his account and then to look at my account to see if he could see anything that was posted, so we could see if I was hacked. But only showed him my account was suspended too.

I have no idea if this has happened, but I do know there was some twitter talk about Elon getting rid of accounts that do not actually tweet. It's super dumb, but I think it was part of the 'backlash' after NPR said they were not going to tweet indefinitely (I believe that's because Elon/twitter labeled them as government sponsored news or something similar and they then decided not to participate on twitter any longer ).

Again, I have no idea if that's part of what happened or what. I know people were upset because if they removed people who didn't tweet, that would include people that are deceased and had notable tweet history. (I'm admittedly playing fast and loose on the details, which isn't much different than Elon's twitter these days lol, but maybe it's related?)

First ever Amex popups for P2. Tried variety of supports, incognito mode, both Hilton surpass and Hilton no fee and no support. All popup. Womp womp...

Sorry about the pop-up. :( Which public link did you try? DH just approved for Surpass using DoC link after getting pop-up with support on Surpass and no fee. He had a Surpass before, upgraded to Aspire only 5 months ago.

I have no idea if this has happened, but I do know there was some twitter talk about Elon getting rid of accounts that do not actually tweet. It's super dumb, but I think it was part of the 'backlash' after NPR said they were not going to tweet indefinitely (I believe that's because Elon/twitter labeled them as government sponsored news or something similar and they then decided not to participate on twitter any longer ).

Again, I have no idea if that's part of what happened or what. I know people were upset because if they removed people who didn't tweet, that would include people that are deceased and had notable tweet history. (I'm admittedly playing fast and loose on the details, which isn't much different than Elon's twitter these days lol, but maybe it's related?)
Yeah - it is all so weird. Would be nice if they actually gave me a direct answer...

A Royal Caribbean offer just popped up on Amex - 20k MR when you spend $1,000. The NCL one never showed up this time (my and my AUs had used it the previous 2x) although I still haven't paid for any extras on my Aug cruise in the hope that there is a second drop of them.
Thanks for the heads up! I found it on our vanilla Plats (but not on the Schwab Plats, nor the Biz Plats) as well as our Golds. Also shows up on the vanilla Plat AU and Gold AU. I was really hoping this would happen for our RC cruise in a few weeks! Although I'm not sure if I can actually use it since I've been putting our RC extras onto the Biz Marriott MSR I'm working on. Decisions, decisions.

On the RC cruise we're about to go on, I used the RC offer that expired 12/31/22 that was for 25K MR on $1000+ spend. I put the offer on 3 different cards, and paid $1000 on each card through the payment link my TA sent me. All charges showed up as RoyalCaribbean .com and triggered the offer on each card. And I still got the $200 Amex OBC from using an Amex Plat even though I used a Schwab Plat, Biz Plat, and AU Gold.

I've been booking extras (dining, wifi, excursions, etc.) via the Cruise Planner section of my RC account, and have been doing numerous book-cancel-rebook transactions as prices drop. RoyalCaribbean .com shows up as the merchant on each transaction just like it did like my $1000 charges in December, so I expect those would trigger the offer as well. Speaking of which, wow the prices change daily and sometimes even during the same day!

My final payment was due back in February and I used a Schwab Plat, so that was the one card that had more than $1000 RC charges on it. Turns out our college kiddo can't come with us due to a last minute summer research opportunity that they really want to do (found out last week), so we're getting a refund of the port taxes/fees associated with the 3rd person in our cabin, and I was worried that it would result in a clawback if it went to the wrong card. My TA did a 3-way call with me and RC, and the first RC rep said the refund would go back to one of the other Amex cards and that the system wouldn't allow them to change it. I was pretty insistent that it had to go back on the Schwab Plat (because I didn't want to risk losing 25K MR if the refund went on a different Amex that had only $1000 in charges put on it, but I didn't explain that to them). My TA said I didn't have the Amex card anymore (I didn't correct her on this) and the rep said that the bank would work out issuing a check to me, which of course wouldn't actually happen since that account was still open. My TA told the RC rep that she wanted to speak to a supervisor (this was the key to resolution as it turns out) and the supervisor was able to change the card that would get the refund easy peasy, like it was absolutely no problem to do that.

As for aggravating your TA, I would think they often deal with cancelations and rebookings so it's part of the job...but what do I know? I do the travel planning directly for us, and have used a TA maybe twice before in my life so I don't know.

Also, a belated thank you to all who replied to my question about an Alaska cruise last year! It was kind of a crazy time since we had just come back from our Costa Rica trip and had to deal with the SW Christmas debacle and drove home from Houston since our flight from HOU-DEN was canceled and I had to get the 3 $1000 payments posted by 12/31/22, I was just so frazzled. lol But I appreciated the input people gave!

just got this too, and you can try the worst they can say is no and you are in the same situation.
or you can pay exactly 1k towards it before 7/31. I would shoot for a week before TBH sometimes they dont post right away.

View attachment 759955
Just received also but just on 1 card. Kind of surprised these cruise offers are coming up. Going to forums
ships are packed and some are oversold. Wonder if there will be a "softening" of bookings for next year.

I know my inlaw's ( who cruise 4/5 times a year) have been complaining nonstop the last few months about declining quality and cutbacks across all lines.

Last edited:
Thanks she was approved.

I didn't screenshot the offer page which I'm regretting now. I was able to pull a 130k offer even though the normal offer is 70k right now. Has anyone had issues with the correct bonus points posting when you received an offer higher than the standard offer?
I also was approved for the 130k offer last year on the Biz Gold. Bonus points posted correctly. I’m sure it will work for you too 👍🏻

ETA: Also watch this account for an upgrade offer to a Biz Platinum. DH and I were both offered 140k for $10k spend to upgrade to the Platinum after holding the Biz Gold for 6 months. I’m still seeing reports on Reddit of people being targeted for this upgrade.

I also was approved for the 130k offer last year on the Biz Gold. Bonus points posted correctly. I’m sure it will work for you too 👍🏻

ETA: Also watch this account for an upgrade offer to a Biz Platinum. DH and I were both offered 140k for $10k spend to upgrade to the Platinum after holding the Biz Gold for 6 months. I’m still seeing reports on Reddit of people being targeted for this upgrade.
Thank you.

I'll keep an eye out for an upgrade offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter