I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

There isn't any way to expedite an Ink, is there (or at least get the full number and everything ahead of the card)?

I just realized I need to spend several hundred dollars... by the 18th.

Has been forever since I commented, I have been just silently reading along enjoying because we churn slow and our travel doesn't ever feel interesting enough to share haha

I tried searching but didn't find anything-

I've done the Wyndham to Caesars to CCL/HCL match. Anyone actually get cruise offers this way? Whats realistic to expect?

There isn't any way to expedite an Ink, is there (or at least get the full number and everything ahead of the card)?

Call them and ask, I don't think it matters which flavor. I'd call today but it may be too late in the day to get it in time. But that's why I'd call vs sending an sm, you'll know and not have to wait for an answer.

After looking at the itinerary I had, I've come to the same conclusion that more time is the right choice. 😜 And it looks like I should allot more time for Moorea, especially because I've found a new item to add to my bucket list: snorkeling with whales! So that means I need to change when we go. Thank goodness for refundable points bookings!
Oh that sounds so exciting!!! Hope you share pics of swimming with whales when you go. I'd love to do something like that but after my last snorkeling in deep water in the Galapagos, I don't think I can bring myself to do something like that again. So I will live vicariously through pictures of snorkeling.

Once again I find myself 357 pages behind, LOL. So as I sit on page 285....

THIS THIS THIS! While I get a lot from the 10x group on FB, I DESPISE the fact you "have to" follow THEIR course or you're doing this all wrong. I get that there are rules, like Chase, first and biz cards, etc. But everyone's needs are different. SW does NOTHING for me. So I don't even look at SW. I used the 5/24 spot last year on the HH card! But I had been waiting for a great SUB on that card, AND I knew I was dropping back under soon. Hacking is NOT OSFA!

I was planning on doing invisalign. Until I learned you can't chew gum! LOL. I was going in for my tray fitting appt, and that's when I switched to old school braces! I'm so happy I did. I hated when I needed to wear my trays for 2 weeks after getting my braces off. I hate wearing them at night too, LOL. I had braces as a kid for 3 years, and they wanted to do another 3 years, but I was 19 and wanted them off! So I was scared to get them at 41. It was so much faster! My kids are both in braces right now. So all kinds of spends are being met. That reminds me, I should have changed the billing to my new Hilton Biz. DOH!

Yup. I've never had a SW card and never will. If SW designs a plane with lie flat seats on, appealing to me, international routes, then I will change my mind.

Been thrilled with how the Invisalign is working. Won't be surprised if I wind up needing to wear retainer trays at night, but they don't bother me.

Last edited:
I've used SquareMouth which is very similar to Insure My Trip in that it is a site where you can compare different policies and companies. I can filter by certain features (pre-existing conditions, cancel for any reason, etc.) to narrow down the choices. I made my first claim ever this week so I should know the results of that process within a couple of weeks. I typically don't bother with insurance for domestic travel.

In your case, is it possible to cancel and rebook your award with the CSP instead?
Unfortunately the fare has gone way up since I realized my mistake, so cancelling and rebooking won’t work.
But thank you for your help! Fingers crossed your claim goes smoothly! 🤞

I really like tripinsurance.com, lets you input your trip info and then compare different policies.

I started getting “cancel for any reason” insurance during COVID, and I liked the policies and peace of mind so much I continue to buy insurance through this site.

You do need to read the fine print - but I assume folks in this group don’t mind some fine print reading 🤗

I’ve used Insure My Trip for my last couple trips. Never actually used the insurance but I found their platform easy to navigate and the prices to be the same as they were from the various companies direct. Don’t forget to actually read the contracts, not just the prelim rundown they give you.

If you have access to USAA they have a partner that has great pricing. Of course I haven't filed a claim so I can't really say if it is a good or bad option.
Thank you everyone! Hopefully I won’t need it, but it just lets me relax a little more on vacation to have it🤞

I would like to use my Chase URs to book a few activities. Specifically, Kualoa Ranch tour in Oahu and a sled dog excursion on our Alaskan cruise. I have never used URs for excursions and I think I have a little fear I show up to the activity and they are like “ We don’t have you on our list, too bad.” However, I’m getting a little tired of not taking advantage of the CSR 1.5 redemption.

I would like to use my Chase URs to book a few activities. Specifically, Kualoa Ranch tour in Oahu and a sled dog excursion on our Alaskan cruise. I have never used URs for excursions and I think I have a little fear I show up to the activity and they are like “ We don’t have you on our list, too bad.” However, I’m getting a little tired of not taking advantage of the CSR 1.5 redemption.
I always confirm with the vendor after booking. It’s usually thru Viator so I say I booked through Viator and would like to confirm you have a reservation for xx number of people under xx name. In some cases I need to confirm pick up or something anyway.
Only issue I’ve ever had was arranging a car transfer in London and no one showed. Turned out it was a company not in London arranging transfers and the guy No showed, they said they had my reservation (which I had confirmed by email previously) He calls the next morning and says I’m at the airport, where are you? He had the day wrong which had nothing to do with how I booked.

I had a few bad experiences booking with Chase last year. The worst was I booked a tour in London for our one full day in London. We got to Victoria Station to look for our bus. We were finally told that tour wasn't running that day because there was a bike event that shut the city down.

I emailed whoever had sent the confirmation and they claimed they had emailed me 10 days prior to tell me it was cancelled. I absolutely never got an email. So we had to find an alternative last minute then fight with Chase to reimburse the points.

We also had an ordeal with a tour in Barcelona booked through Chase points. Basically the tour said it provided transportation from one place to another but it didn't. Not a huge deal but we were jetlagged and in a place we didn't speak the language so it was just one more thing to figure out on our own.

I always confirm with the vendor after booking. It’s usually thru Viator so I say I booked through Viator and would like to confirm you have a reservation for xx number of people under xx name. In some cases I need to confirm pick up or something anyway.
Only issue I’ve ever had was arranging a car transfer in London and no one showed. Turned out it was a company not in London arranging transfers and the guy No showed, they said they had my reservation (which I had confirmed by email previously) He calls the next morning and says I’m at the airport, where are you? He had the day wrong which had nothing to do with how I booked.
I’ve booked about 10 activities, never had an issue. The contact is usually listed and if not I too find it through Viator. My next activity is a private tour in Kyoto. I did have to reach out to the vendor to make contact but has been smooth, I’ve been in contact with our personal guide.

I always hate when I have a large expense coming up but there's no SUB I'm working towards. Makes me wonder if I should open a new card or is it just a waste of an AF if I'm not really going to use it. I've been putting all of my Gas and Dining spend on my Citi Shop Your Way card as I get 10% back on spend up to $800 each month in those categories.

My other cards are:
CSP
Chase Freedom
Chase Freedom Unlimited
United Explorer
United Quest
World of Hyatt
Disney Visa
Discover It
Citi DoubleCash
Amex Blue Business Plus
Amex Amazon
JetBlue Plus
Citi Shop Your Way

I always hate when I have a large expense coming up but there's no SUB I'm working towards. Makes me wonder if I should open a new card or is it just a waste of an AF if I'm not really going to use it.
If by "not really going to use it" you mean the points from a particular loyalty program, I'd mention two things: 1) If its a brand with a large footprint like Hilton, you never know when you might need a backup option to your preferred brand (Hyatt/Marriott/IHG/Airbnb), and 2) If the points would eventually expire, you can always book travel for someone else as a gift.

The Hilton line of cards through Amex are on elevated offers through July 19th and also include Free Night certificates on the HHonors, Surpass and Business cards: https://apply.americanexpress.com/en-us/hilton-cobrand-lto-april23/page/92

I always hate when I have a large expense coming up but there's no SUB I'm working towards. Makes me wonder if I should open a new card or is it just a waste of an AF if I'm not really going to use it. I've been putting all of my Gas and Dining spend on my Citi Shop Your Way card as I get 10% back on spend up to $800 each month in those categories.

My other cards are:
CSP
Chase Freedom
Chase Freedom Unlimited
United Explorer
United Quest
World of Hyatt
Disney Visa
Discover It
Citi DoubleCash
Amex Blue Business Plus
Amex Amazon
JetBlue Plus
Citi Shop Your Way
If you don't want to open a new card, the World of Hyatt one (I'm assuming you're listing the personal one) gives you a Category 1-4 FNC with $15K spend in a calendar year along with 2 elite nights per every $5K spend. I figure the FNC has a value of $200-$250 in addition to the 15K points you earn for the spend which gets you another Cat 4 night. So somewhere around 2.6-3.3 cpp is how I view it. But if there aren't Hyatts where you're looking to travel then that doesn't help much.

Non-techy person here. What exactly do you mean by 3rd party apps? I have the reddit app on my phone - is that what you're talking about? I will say, I typically use it on my laptop because I like the big screen!
So the majority of Reddit traffic on mobile devices are on apps that you can use to access reddit like sync Apollo and rift. The CTO reached out to a bunch of news outlets and said this was never the intent of the API. The problem was for me at least that reddit app is pretty bad sync which i use does almost as many things and more then desktop mode does. I actually haven't used it all week i haven't missed it we'll see how long it last for me .

You can call or SM to expedite…but it wouldn’t arrive by Sunday, unfortunately
I’ve never done it so not sure if it works for a business card but people mention adding cards to I think Apple wallet

This is not Japan-specific, but I've taken to making photocopies of our passports because I've read that if you lose your passport it's easier to get it replaced if you have a photocopy. Not that I've ever had any personal experience with that though. I've also started to pack scissors, a Sharpie, and clear packing tape into the check-in bag just because I find those items come in handy unexpectedly.

You've put so much effort into planning this trip, I hope you and your family have a wonderful time!
Agreed i keep mine on a secure cloud.

You can call or SM to expedite…but it wouldn’t arrive by Sunday, unfortunately
I’ve never done it so not sure if it works for a business card but people mention adding cards to I think Apple wallet
I tried to call last night, but the number I called wanted the last four digits of my card, but didn't accept it; then it wanted the entire card number which I of course don't have... so I gave up at that point simply because as you say, there is no way I am going to get it in time.
It's not a huge deal... I'm just irritated by my poor timing (as usual). I had been dithering about applying for another card. Had I just done it weeks ago when I should have, then I wouldn't be having this issue!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter