I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I have had good luck, till now.
I am terrified to call them, based on their response to the SM. Husband isn't going to have much fun with that, and if they ask Biz questions, yikes.
But they already approved the card, a little late to ask biz questions now.

Call when you are both there and have him say you are authorized to talk then he doesn't have to.

Those looking to use AMEX Biz Plat Dell credits, it’s a great time to buy Bose headphones for reselling! The Quiet Comfort earbuds are on sale for $199 (normally $249) and the over the ear ones are $229 (normally $329). I bought the earbuds. I had a $50 off $100 Amex offer, and Rakuten is 10k MRs at Rakuten. Valuing MRs at 1.5 cents each, I’m out of pocket only $133.58 BEFORE the $200 Amex credit! So I’m starting out $66.42 ahead. I can normally sell these for around $150, so I’ll hopefully make a tidy profit here.

Those looking to use AMEX Biz Plat Dell credits, it’s a great time to buy Bose headphones for reselling! The Quiet Comfort earbuds are on sale for $199 (normally $249) and the over the ear ones are $229 (normally $329). I bought the earbuds. I had a $50 off $100 Amex offer, and Rakuten is 10k MRs at Rakuten. Valuing MRs at 1.5 cents each, I’m out of pocket only $133.58 BEFORE the $200 Amex credit! So I’m starting out $66.42 ahead. I can normally sell these for around $150, so I’ll hopefully make a tidy profit here.
Where do you usually sell them?

yeah, but something is really wrong with this card, which is why I am concerned.

Except all you have is what the sm has said. Honestly I would have called recon and had him tell them you are authorized to talk with them and avoided a lot of this. Someone has to talk with them or there's zero point in using the card. Kicking the can down the road to avoid calling clearly isn't helping with this entire situation. If you don't want to call any more than he does then cancel it via sm and be done with it.

Guessing you appd as an sp. All he needs to say is you're authorized to talk with them because you do the household bookkeeping including his sp. They aren't going to argue about it and if it's identity stuff, he's there or since you apply for him should be able to answer.

Worrying about it doesn't make it go away. All this is doing is making the time to make the spend shorter and if you don't clear the card up so it can be added online you can't use the bonus.

Not trying to be mean but you know what needs to be done to fix this but it needs to actually be done.

I have had good luck, till now.
I am terrified to call them, based on their response to the SM. Husband isn't going to have much fun with that, and if they ask Biz questions, yikes.
But they already approved the card, a little late to ask biz questions now.
Have him call and have him say, I give my business partner permission to handle this call and you can take over.

Except all you have is what the sm has said. Honestly I would have called recon and had him tell them you are authorized to talk with them and avoided a lot of this. Someone has to talk with them or there's zero point in using the card. Kicking the can down the road to avoid calling clearly isn't helping with this entire situation. If you don't want to call any more than he does then cancel it via sm and be done with it.

Guessing you appd as an sp. All he needs to say is you're authorized to talk with them because you do the household bookkeeping including his sp. They aren't going to argue about it and if it's identity stuff, he's there or since you apply for him should be able to answer.

Worrying about it doesn't make it go away. All this is doing is making the time to make the spend shorter and if you don't clear the card up so it can be added online you can't use the bonus.

Not trying to be mean but you know what needs to be done to fix this but it needs to actually be done.
Yes. I do fully intend to call.

I prefer Facebook Marketplace (local pickup only) because it’s easier, and I don’t have to pay fees or mess with shipping. So I usually post there first, and if they don’t sell then I’ll post them on eBay.
Thanks - I have a couple of new electronic things to sell, so I think I'll try to facebook marketplace first too.

I canceled flights online with flying blue a few weeks ago and haven't seen a refund yet. I just called and apparently they never processed the refund bc they don't take the fee from your refund, you have to pay with a cc. In the future I will just call in to process a cancellation. One of the flights was supposed to depart yesterday, so I hope there aren't any issues, but I did see the miles already repost. They said 2-4 weeks for the taxes to refund. But the fee processed immediately :rotfl2:

I have never gotten this before. Applied for a targeted offer on my Amex biz plat acct for the 50k BBP NLL offer. Application prefilled. Received "Pending Review." Got email saying to sit tight "we're reviewing your application now." I am not bumping up against Amex's credit card volume rules. Last card with Amex 5 months ago. I do have an open BBP. Thoughts?

This happened to P2 once and it was just a matter of calling the automated number and confirming dob, etc. I did that but then it wanted to transfer me, so I thought it better to just hold tight.

I have never gotten this before. Applied for a targeted offer on my Amex biz plat acct for the 50k BBP NLL offer. Application prefilled. Received "Pending Review." Got email saying to sit tight "we're reviewing your application now." I am not bumping up against Amex's credit card volume rules. Last card with Amex 5 months ago. I do have an open BBP. Thoughts?

This happened to P2 once and it was just a matter of calling the automated number and confirming dob, etc. I did that but then it wanted to transfer me, so I thought it better to just hold tight.

There's talk on r/churning today about pending due to a failed pop-up. Link

Have you had 5 Amex cc's and then canceled one? It can take a long time to drop off. Hopefully it's just verification!

We are back from our travel hacked Virgin Voyages Irresistible Med cruise. We followed that up with a day in DLP, not travel hacked except for the flight. After that another flight on miles to Manchester and caught a train to Wales where we spent 4 nights touring before heading to London to crash at a Hilton on points before our morning flight on BA (using Avios) back home.

It was our first time flying Iberia and while their business class product isn't something to write home about, I'd definitely fly them again. It was only 51.5K miles for a lie flat seat.
How did you get it so cheap? Transfer partner or booked directly? I always see Iberia in my searches because they have a lot of Calif to Spain flights. Problem is lot of flights say
operated by Level and i have read terrible reviews. Need a couple tickets to Barcelona next year.
Beautiful pictures by the way :)

Last edited:
Call when you are both there and have him say you are authorized to talk then he doesn't have to.
We called. No questions at all about the business. She set up new online access for us no problem, then said she would try to combine with his existing profile. That's when the issue started LOL. She asked him for his social, and said they need more verification of his social. So they are mailing us some form, that we need to submit with documentation, then when that is done, we call back, and they can combine the accounts. But we can continue to use the cards (I just did, to confirm it's all still good). I wanted it with the other cards, to make it easier to transfer the points between accounts.
She did say we have until 12/29 to meet the spend, so that is good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter