I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

They don't require you pay. I often use my plat credit for a flight on dl and the free bags work.

Alaska requires you pay with the card, which is annoying.
Thanks so much…and would my card cover DHs since he’s on the same reservation ?
thinking I’ll go through with the application even if I get the pop up

So now my question is, how much are they cracking down? Like, if velocity had been lower would approval be easier, or is having one card open in 12 months now the threshold? Is it just INKs? Sigh...

ETA: I heard on the recent Frequent Miller podcast that there are a lot of DPs of people getting Chase co-branded Biz cards even though they were 5/24+.
Decided to play it safe for now. Got a flyer for US Bank Biz Triple Cash Visa. $500 Cash Bonus for $4500 SUB in 5 months. Will wait a bit on Chase for now and occupy myself with other cards... Instant approval on the US Bank Card.

Is there a way to move a credit balance on chase myself or do I need to SM?

Or what happens if I close the card with the credit, will they just mail me a check?

Or is it safe to ask to do both in an SM?

Only 4.50, forgot and paid before an offer credited. But I need to close this Ink if I have any hope of getting another chase card any time soon.

Or what happens if I close the card with the credit, will they just mail me a check?

Only 4.50, forgot and paid before an offer credited. But I need to close this Ink if I have any hope of getting another chase card any time soon.
I have always sent a SM to move a credit balance…never asked to close after, but I don’t see why you can’t

So now my question is, how much are they cracking down? Like, if velocity had been lower would approval be easier, or is having one card open in 12 months now the threshold? Is it just INKs? Sigh...

ETA: I heard on the recent Frequent Miller podcast that there are a lot of DPs of people getting Chase co-branded Biz cards even though they were 5/24+.
As with all things in this hobby YMMV. I was getting 2 INKs per 30-60 days in 2022 and as mentioned in my post 6 business cards (5 Inks, plus 1 SW Premier) in 2023/Janaury 2024. I'll just go into cool off mode and others may have better success if they have been sticking to the 90 day guideline (e.g. 4 cards per year).

Amex has wiped out all of the NLL links I had access to, so it's a rough time in the hobby right now! Back to the BoA/Citi/US Bank dregs for me for awhile lol

As with all things in this hobby YMMV. I was getting 2 INKs per 30-60 days in 2022 and as mentioned in my post 6 business cards (5 Inks, plus 1 SW Premier) in 2023/Janaury 2024. I'll just go into cool off mode and others may have better success if they have been sticking to the 90 day guideline (e.g. 4 cards per year).

Amex has wiped out all of the NLL links I had access to, so it's a rough time in the hobby right now! Back to the BoA/Citi/US Bank dregs for me for awhile lol
I stuck to the 90 day guidelines and for the first time last month was denied for an INK…,reasons were something like..too recent an application ( 100 days since last card)and too many existing cards/credit extended.
I didn’t recon and will wait and see other DP

I just move small amounts to Amazon.

Last edited:
I stuck to the 90 day guidelines and for the first time last month was denied for an INK…,reasons were something like..too recent an application ( 100 days since last card)and too many existing cards/credit extended.
I didn’t recon and will wait and see other DP
I got hit with those, plus not using my Chase lines of credit enough despite having $20,000 floating on 0 APR cards. Glad to know that doesn't bother them at least!

Depends on how fast you've gotten other Chase cards and your risk tolerance. It doesn't really matter that they're both Hyatt cards, just that it's another Chase card.

I don't see the rush though if the goal is to get to Globalist with spend. The biz card earns more elite nights per spend than the personal card. As a side benefit, if you hit $50k, you'll get 10% back on award stays up to 20k points back.

My SM's have been answered next day lately, so hopefully your CL will be moved by tomorrow.

If you are determined to go for Globalist, remember that the Biz card gets you 5 qualifying nights for every $10k spend so I am not sure you need to rush to get the personal assuming you will still have the spend later in the year. Nonetheless, the personal is worth getting at some point and putting $15k spend on to get the extra FNC.

As far as timing, if your Chase velocity is in good shape, then I don't think there is any hard and fast rule preventing you from applying for the personal now. Personally, I would give it 30 days, but thats just me.

As for Globalist, I love it. Difficult to say how much I have 'saved' with free breakfasts, no resort fees, free parking etc, but I have gotten some wonderful upgrades that has certainly enhanced several vacations.

While I have a lot of organic spend, I think I would need $120k in spend on the Biz card to get Globalist? :crazy2:

I figured I could speed things up and also require less overall spend by getting some of those elite nights covered by the personal WOH plus the SUB and maybe do some trips and mattress runs to get it done.

I think I calculated that if I spend $15k on the personal, that should net me 11 elite nights from spend plus 1 free Cat 1-4 night. Is the 1 annual free night that comes with the personal WOH issued at the beginning of the card year or at the end? So, if I use the 2 free nights, that is 13 elite nights.

I would put the rest of my spend this year on the Biz card and lay off trying to get more SUBs since the INKs are getting harder anyways.

After the personal WOH spend of $15k, I would need to spend $90K ($40k on top of the $50k needed to get the best benefits on the card) on the Biz plus at least 2 additional nights at a Hyatt to get to 60 nights for Globalist.

For every 5 nights I spend in a Hyatt (after 2 using free certificates from personal WOH and the 2 needed to get to 60 elite nights per original calculations), I can get decrease my needed spend on the Biz WOH by $10k.

Did I do the math correctly? My brain is about to explode. 🤯 I tried to talk it through with my DH and he thought I was crazy! :rotfl:

Same... Just got my denial letter on my resent INK application. Well, it was a good run on the INKS. Reasons were:

1. Too Many Active Accounts or too much Available Credit
2. Too Many Recent Request for Credit
3. New Chase Biz Card Recently Opened.

So, I would say they are cracking down some. Dang. Now need to figure out a non-chase card to get..
Boo! I had DH's and I'd year all planned out with Ink's. There really isn't much else out there that is enticing to us and we like the 5X at office stores. I buy a lot of VGC that I use to pay school tuition with.

We've each had about 4 Ink's each in the past year and I was going to keep that up this year. I even lowered our credit limits on a few cards to get things cleaned up some. I have closed a few Ink's to so I might have DH try for one later in the month when he will be at 90 days from his last one. Never know, he might get approved.

While I have a lot of organic spend, I think I would need $120k in spend on the Biz card to get Globalist? :crazy2:

I figured I could speed things up and also require less overall spend by getting some of those elite nights covered by the personal WOH plus the SUB and maybe do some trips and mattress runs to get it done.

I think I calculated that if I spend $15k on the personal, that should net me 11 elite nights from spend plus 1 free Cat 1-4 night. Is the 1 annual free night that comes with the personal WOH issued at the beginning of the card year or at the end? So, if I use the 2 free nights, that is 13 elite nights.

I would put the rest of my spend this year on the Biz card and lay off trying to get more SUBs since the INKs are getting harder anyways.

After the personal WOH spend of $15k, I would need to spend $90K ($40k on top of the $50k needed to get the best benefits on the card) on the Biz plus at least 2 additional nights at a Hyatt to get to 60 nights for Globalist.

For every 5 nights I spend in a Hyatt (after 2 using free certificates from personal WOH and the 2 needed to get to 60 elite nights per original calculations), I can get decrease my needed spend on the Biz WOH by $10k.

Did I do the math correctly? My brain is about to explode. 🤯 I tried to talk it through with my DH and he thought I was crazy! :rotfl:

I usually figure out the Hyatt stays I have first, then figure out what I need to make up in spend. Also think through what Hyatt stays you're interested in next year. Does it even make sense to go for Globalist?

The personal card FNC will be at the first anniversary. Since you're opening the card this year, you won't have any to use this calendar year. You will have 2 FNCs from the Milestone awards, though depending on when you get them, you wouldn't necessarily need to use it this year (they expire 6 months after you get them).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter