I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

CapOne? Or just do the VGC deals on the CIC maybe. It's easier said than done where I live though. They really limit those GCs and there are too many people playing this game nearby.
I already have the Venture X. I'll think about whether I want to apply for Venture. I'm at 3/24 so it'll use my last slot and I like to save it for something I really need/want. The CIC/VGC is non-existent near me. Every time I go, it's all out. Granted I can't usually make it until Thurs/Fri/Sat.

Okay, and now it's starting to hurt. Both my back and the fact Ireland isn't happening. My phone alerted me today that Ireland is tomorow :( I guess it's time to start stalking for 2025. UGH! I had to leave class yesterday crying I was in so much pain. So it isn't meant to be even if I wanted to push it. My daughter finally decided she's mad at me. She's ignoring me and my texts. So I have that fun too. YAY.

I did tell the kids if I felt okay we could try a few days in Mexico over break. But who knows if I'll feel better. My break is at the end of the month. I do have a free MSC cruise and there is one that sails over my SB dates, but I don't know if I could get us to florida, LOL.

Barclays Wyndham biz finally approved!!! I was ready to give up on it. 3 weeks and 13 phone calls (basically called every weekday). 3rd time I was told approved. But the status website shows it so it's real this time!

Crazy that I can be told approved 2 other times and not actually be approved. First time was just credit side approved. Second time, security side told me approved, but they did the verification by calling my cell phone. So I guess that didn't really go through.

Sent SSN twice, second time copied as black and white and then faxed based on DPs that works better. Still told they can't see the seal and serial number on the back. So sent 1040. 3x. They kept saying not received so finally it occurred to me maybe they thought the application was for DH since he's primary on the joint, even though I put on the cover sheet my name. Third time, I put the application ID on the cover sheet. Maybe that did the trick.

Really insane process. Hardest application I've ever had by miles! Oh, and yes, got the common $1300 CL lol.

Now to wait for the Diamond status to show up on Wyndham Rewards and then do the Caesar's match. 🤞🤞🤞 that goes smoothly, though I know a lot can go wrong there too. Whatever happens, can't say I didn't try! :faint:
What business did you claim? My BF doesn't really have a side gig. But he did used to own a race horse and has done some 1099 flying for his dad. I think we're going to have him apply as that if I can figure that out, LOL.

So my Delta Plat Biz just came up for renewal. I was planning on PC to the Delta Gold Biz since they raised the fees. But noticed that they are billing me at the old $250 Fee instead of the New $350. With the $200 hotel credit booked with them plus companion ticket - I am thinking it might just pay to keep another year and then decide again next year. What are all you guys doing? This makes sense right? We don't fly Delta often but definitely keeping a card just for checked bags. The hotel perk just makes it better.
I was thinking of moving down to the gold. I already got the Comp Pass for this year credited. Plus the kids and I all have benefits now. I still wanna figure out using the $200 credit now. I was going to use it in Ireland!

Just getting caught up but wanted to jump in to say that when I had a herniated disc, the only thing that helped was steroids. (When I had similar sciatic pain years later I went to urgent care and said, "I don't want painkillers I just want steroids," and they were happy to oblige. Unfortunately that time turned out to be a pinched nerve and the steroids did nothing.)
Steroids didn't help. PT I think did a number on me as yesterday I had to leave class.

Just noticed Amex is removing SiriusXM from the Platinum monthly digital credits. Sirius and Audible were my main uses of this credit and both gone now (or will be soon).

Amex just seems to be getting worse and worse in comparison to Chase.
I just heard Amex isn't covering hockey sticks anymore! Considering my son broke his stick 20 minutes into a game (like just bought it before the game) I need that coverage! The store covers the first 30 days, but amex extends to 60! LOL.

Before I had back surgery I tried the steroid shots in both sides of my lower back (one for herniation and the other for arthritis). The kind where they sedate you with "twilight" and do the steroid shots by watching xray or MRI (or something) and those, unfortunately, did NOTHING. That was a huge bummer because I really wanted that to work and to not have to have surgery.

About a year ago my daughter was in a car accident, which was absolutely no fault of her own as she was rear-ended, and ended up with a large bulging disc. Fortunately, for her, she was able to get the steroid shots and they did work! She's had to have that done twice, but they do provide a lot of relief.

I'm so glad that you mentioned this because I almost forgot that was an option simply because it didn't work for me.
I wish anything would work. Here's hoping PT does.

I didn't find a drop-down menu, but I did find a place to click transfer. Typed my name and sent the points. Now they've disappeared from the business account but not yet shown up in the personal account. Fingers crossed that they will eventually!

I guess this process has to be done manually each month. Not exactly motivating me to keep the biz card once the SUB is met/year is up!

I have the AAviator Biz, the AAviator personal and the Citi AA biz and all my points always post to my personal account. Weird! But good to know too!

Amex dropped a $20 credit onto my Marriott card (used to be the Brilliant but product changed to the no fee last year). It credited me with what I think are small business credits (2 x $10) probably from 2020 or 2021. I can only check transactions for 2022-2024 without requesting statements and I had stopped using the card on a regular basis. I did not use the card at the business in the last three years, but I probably did use it there in 2020-2021.

Anyone else get unexpected Brilliant credits?
Not Brilliant but my Aspire just collected 2 Peloton credits from last fall.

My plat af hit the other day and it's been over 13 months since my last retention so I chatted. No offer and then she wanted to know what I was going to do with my points. I wasn't in the mood to play their games today esp after she said no offer. Also seemed like they were going to try and offer me a new card with a bonus vs telling me if there was a retention offer or not.

I said thanks and closed the app without answering about the points and they've sent at least 3 new messages. I don't care 🤣 also I don't want to use my points for my af and it's none of your business what I plan to use the points for.

I was approved for the Ink Cash in early January, right when they an announced the 90K points were going away. My first (and so-far, only) Ink. Good timing, because I had vacation spend in January/February. Normally, I wouldn’t have $6K spend in three months, except for fourth quarter with property taxes and Christmas spend.

I was looking at another Ink for 4th quarter, but I think I’ll go for the SW companion pass (end spend in January). Meaning, I’ll need another business card. I’m eyeballing either the IHG business or personal card (probably business). I can make minimum spend there. But with all the Chase business denials, I don’t want them to deny the SW business card. And the chance for the companion pass.

Decisions, decisions.
Don't know if this will help you or not, but one of the things I've been able to do is pay ahead on some utilities. The other thing I've done is buy some Visa Gift cards when they are fee free, but only with Chase, never Amex. I try to just stick with organic spend, but 6k is a lot. It's not that I don't spend 6k in three months, it's more that everything doesn't go on a credit card. Oh, and a shop card from Costco for online spend, or I put a bit on Amazon as a reload. Never a lot on Amazon because it's not where I want my money hanging out.

I already have the Venture X. I'll think about whether I want to apply for Venture. I'm at 3/24 so it'll use my last slot and I like to save it for something I really need/want. The CIC/VGC is non-existent near me. Every time I go, it's all out. Granted I can't usually make it until Thurs/Fri/Sat.
Do you value Chase over Cap 1? You mention CIC not really working for you do to location but what about CIU? 1.5 vs 2 points on the venture but if CUR are more valuable to you it might be something to look into.

For the SW CP: it still OK to try for a personal after being approved for a biz as long as you're 30+days? Or should we wait until 90 to be safe?

I was approved for an Ink, mid January shortly after the 90k went away (hoping for a match, they told me to SM once spend is met). I had several open and was just 60 days from my last. Instant approval. I have a feeling they won't give me another one for awhile.

I was approved just after the referral offer changed but before the public offer went down. I went ahead and had P2 refer me. Right after I was approved, I sent a SM that seemed like they were going to match. After the 75,000 points hit last week, I sent another SM asking them to match and they did. It just hit a couple of days ago!

For the SW CP: it still OK to try for a personal after being approved for a biz as long as you're 30+days? Or should we wait until 90 to be safe?
You can apply for a personal card at 1/30. YMMV whether Chase uses the recent business card to deny your personal card application. In my opinion, other than a wasted credit pull, there's very little harm in shooting your shot early if you want or need the second card sooner.

Don't know if this will help you or not, but one of the things I've been able to do is pay ahead on some utilities. The other thing I've done is buy some Visa Gift cards when they are fee free, but only with Chase, never Amex. I try to just stick with organic spend, but 6k is a lot. It's not that I don't spend 6k in three months, it's more that everything doesn't go on a credit card. Oh, and a shop card from Costco for online spend, or I put a bit on Amazon as a reload. Never a lot on Amazon because it's not where I want my money hanging out.
Can’t really estimate prepaying utilities. I did buy a bunch of gift cards at Staples on my CIC, so I guess I can do that on the Chase Ink Unlimited. Seems a waste to only get 1.5X instead of 5X. I still have over $241 credit at Amazon, the result of a purchase that went lost, and I chose a gift card rather than a refund on my Amex. At the time, I was still working on an Amex sub.

Can’t really estimate prepaying utilities. I did buy a bunch of gift cards at Staples on my CIC, so I guess I can do that on the Chase Ink Unlimited. Seems a waste to only get 1.5X instead of 5X. I still have over $241 credit at Amazon, the result of a purchase that went lost, and I chose a gift card rather than a refund on my Amex. At the time, I was still working on an Amex sub.
My utilities let me pay any amount in advance. I can actually estimate but I generally just pay 3x the previous month or so. It certainly helps with the minimum spend.

Have you looked at US Bank or BoA cards?

Maybe we are going to the same Staples. Mine is sold out around a half hour after they open on Sunday morning. One time they got some restock and I was able to get there on a Thursday and grab more cards, but most of the time there is just a tiny 30min window once a month. It's so annoying.
My plat af hit the other day and it's been over 13 months since my last retention so I chatted. No offer and then she wanted to know what I was going to do with my points. I wasn't in the mood to play their games today esp after she said no offer. Also seemed like they were going to try and offer me a new card with a bonus vs telling me if there was a retention offer or not.

I said thanks and closed the app without answering about the points and they've sent at least 3 new messages. I don't care 🤣 also I don't want to use my points for my af and it's none of your business what I plan to use the points for.
Ugh. The Amex chat people are the worst. They always try to tell me why what I know is worthless to me is just amazing. It's no business what you want to use your points for. They make it so painful to get a retention offer than I just started canceling cards if they aren't going to give me one quickly.

Ugh. The Amex chat people are the worst. They always try to tell me why what I know is worthless to me is just amazing. It's no business what you want to use your points for. They make it so painful to get a retention offer than I just started canceling cards if they aren't going to give me one quickly.

They were the worst I've had using amex chat. They wanted me to confirm I didn't want to do anything with my card and that i didn't want to close it. Went off a bit because I only asked about retention I never said I was thinking of closing or pcing. Told them there was nothing to confirm because I only asked about a retention offer.

Planning to keep the card anyway so I may not ask again then I can ask next jan/feb.

For the Chase Q2, we're assuming Hotels is smart enough to not allow other lodging, like VRBO, right? I don't have hotel spend right now but I wouldn't mind a VRBO bonus option...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter