I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I prefer to stay in midtown. Just be sure you are near a subway stop (it’s hard to be too far away from one though). Stayed at Hyatt Centric in Dec 2022 and liked it. Stayed at the Conrad last May and liked it, but I know it’s leaving Hilton soon.

Thanks!

opinions..... planning on flying home from MCO, wwyd? flight at 10 am, or flight at 7 pm? I'm considering crowds and lines at security etc.

opinions..... planning on flying home from MCO, wwyd? flight at 10 am, or flight at 7 pm? I'm considering crowds and lines at security etc.
I'd do the morning flight. After our last evening departure, we swore off them forever. I don't think we've ever had a departure time after 3 or 4 that hasn't been delayed. The last flight we had was scheduled to leave at 7 pm and we didn't even start boarding the plane until 11:30. The shops in the concourse were all closed by then...not fun!

Echoing others sentiments... we just flew back on Sunday evening. Our flight was supposed to leave at 7:18, but was delayed almost 2 hours. I'd do morning if you can.

We just returned from a new-to-us but fun experience. We helped prepare an inn in Bar Harbor, ME for the season in exchange for free room/breakfast.

Each morning we looked at a list of tasks that needed to be completed and chose what we wanted to work on. We finished work at 1 p.m. and were free for the rest of the day to explore Acadia. We stayed at this particular inn a few years ago and loved it so when they put out the call to help prepare for the season we jumped on it. We got to see how much work it is to run a B&B and maintain an historic building. And we made some new friends through working side-by-side and communal meals. It's something I'd definitely do again.

Our daughter is very interested in this type of travel experience and has been scouring World Packers so I'd love to hear of any experiences with them or other work-for-accommodations arrangements.

(side note: our friends went on this experience with us and didn't really understand why I preferred to pay for everything and have them reimburse me. They kept trying to be helpful by paying cash for shared expenses.)
very cool. glad you shared this. would love to hear more about this type of travel if you or dd embark upon more adventures.
any good ideas on places to stay in Lisbon and Barcelona? after racking our brains for flights to hungary, poland etc from Lisbon back to the US we decided to make it easier. ewr to lisbon to barcelona to ewr. 3-4 nights in each. so looking for ideas. have Hilton points, URs, IHG points, amex fhr, some marriot! just 2 of us, friends since we were 2!.

i used chase UR for 2 flights, and my csr credit for th TAP flight to BCN.

thanks all

Haven't stayed yet but we are staying in Lisbon at Memmo Principe Real (Marriott) and the newish Convent Square Lisbon (IHG).

Nooby Qs Re discounted SWA GC deals

I see Costco today @
$429.99 on $500 GC

Tomorrow SWA same sale price, will try to snag there. Think it’s close (enough to get my attention) to last years BF deal :scratchin

No plus presale on door busters re this, perhaps as it’s a door buster?

Anyone know when buying online what time sale starts at SAMs?

CIP instant approval for DH! Was very nervous about it since I was denied. He was at 3 open Inks (no other Chase biz cards) while I was at 4. I suspect that's the biggest difference.

His total Chase biz limit was lower, as well as his overall Chase limit. I also think they like him better because I often get both EX/EQ pulled but he always only gets EX.

I've probably asked this before (sorry)

If you were flying to take a cruise that starts and ends in Miami (carnival cruise if that matters), would you fly into MIA or FLL? What would I need to consider for either location?

I would fly in the night before, but I would fly out the same day that the cruise returns.

This is in December, if that makes a difference.

If you were flying to take a cruise that starts and ends in Miami (carnival cruise if that matters), would you fly into MIA or FLL? What would I need to consider for either location?

I would fly in the night before, but I would fly out the same day that the cruise returns.

It doesn't really matter, but if I had to choose I'd go with Miami because traffic on the 95 can be brutal (especially in December when the snowbirds will be there driving 50mph on the highway lol). That being said, if there was a big difference in cost I'd go with the less expensive option.

It doesn't really matter, but if I had to choose I'd go with Miami because traffic on the 95 can be brutal (especially in December when the snowbirds will be there driving 50mph on the highway lol). That being said, if there was a big difference in cost I'd go with the less expensive option.

We cruise out of Miami quite a bit. We used to always fly into FLL because southwest didn't fly to MIA. Now that we do, I still like to fly into FLL the night before to stay closer to Fort Lauderdale (it usually easier to find a nice hotel at a good rate), but we usually try to fly out of MIA because it's just easier.

If we are planning on renting a car because we're staying longer than just the night before, we always fly into FLL - it is so quick and easy to get a car there!

CIP instant approval for DH! Was very nervous about it since I was denied. He was at 3 open Inks (no other Chase biz cards) while I was at 4. I suspect that's the biggest difference.

His total Chase biz limit was lower, as well as his overall Chase limit. I also think they like him better because I often get both EX/EQ pulled but he always only gets EX.

Instant approval for a CIP. Currently I have a CIC and CIU. I've applied for a lot more but between me and P2 I close our Ink cards when they hit a year. My last three Ink cards were approved but it took a week. Nice to not have to wait this time.
Congrats!! Is it just me or does it seem like there are better chances for the CIP approval than the CIC/CIU? I would go for one but the $8K/3 MSR is a little daunting to me, plus I like the 0% intro APR on the CIC/CIU

Congrats!! Is it just me or does it seem like there are better chances for the CIP approval than the CIC/CIU? I would go for one but the $8K/3 MSR is a little daunting to me, plus I like the 0% intro APR on the CIC/CIU

Thanks! I would guess CIP is slightly harder because minimum CL to open is $5000 instead of $3000 for CIC/CIU.

I almost made a $150 mistake. I needed to use up my Amex Plat airline credit before closing. I bought 2 SW EBCI and a $150 ticket. The 2 $25 credits posted within a few days but the other $150 purchase hadn't credited, then I realized that it need to be around $100 for the credit to work. Thankfully I booked a Anytime fare and was able to cancel the $150 flight - and I usually always wait to cancel the SW flight until after the Amex credit post. Now I'll wait for that to credit and try again.

very cool. glad you shared this. would love to hear more about this type of travel if you or dd embark upon more adventures.

Haven't stayed yet but we are staying in Lisbon at Memmo Principe Real (Marriott) and the newish Convent Square Lisbon (IHG).
thanks
i only have 65k ihg points so mostly cash so deciding whether to use in Llsbon or barcelona. hardest thing is where exactly t stay! 25 years ago we stayed at castles and monastaries in pusadas. can't find them now

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter