I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve had to contact SW twice when mine was missing. They can apparently only correct via the phone and not if you are at the airport checking in. After it didn’t show up on my ticket and I had to go through the regular line while DH and DS breezed through I confirm that’s it is there now when I check in.
Yeah, this seems to be an issue - DH had his missing on our last trip and had to call to get it fixed. Not sure why SW has trouble with this, but they do seem to. Pretty quick fix, as long as you figure it out and call before you get to the airport.

You make a great pirate! We wants the redhead!
Wait, so @calypso726, its all a conspiracy to make you dress like a pirate? I'm pretty sure that you would have done that anyway, if they'd asked nicely, they didn't have to go and make you ill to do it... Seems like it has been an amazing trip, and I'm so glad you've been well taken care of.

Phew... just had to catch up on five pages after spending last night at a concert! Ended up with free third row seats to Tim McGraw and Faith Hill thanks to my mom! Two different people gave her tickets to this concert in the last two days!! We gave away one set of seats to someone in line last night. I told my mom she needs to play the lottery today!

Couple of things...

@Lain just wanted to say thank you for serving on jury duty, whether or not you were picked! People don't realize how extremely difficult it can be to actually get people to show up to jury duty, which in turn slows down the justice system, inconveniences witnesses, prevents somebody from receiving a timely trial, and delays victims from gaining closure. Those of us in court thank you :)

Secondly, and less importantly, I received what appears to be a somewhat personalized e-mail from Plastiq last night from someone named Colin. Did anyone else get this? I only say it's personalized because it has my name, is not sent as a BCC as far as I can tell, and has a typo haha.

I like to keep track of my credit score a little bit by following the credit card free Fico scores.

On Credit Journey - through Chase - in my personal info - there were two errors.

1. They had me listed as having 2 previous addresses - both belonged to my ex-husband's second wife, who had same first initial and maybe the same last name (for maybe a few years only as he divorced and remarried a third time).

2. They spelled my employer name wrong - from which I retired earlier this year.

So, I got an alert today and the wrong addresses had disappeared.

But now they are showing 'new employment' effective 5/30/2018.

All that said, my score increased by 1 point.

Will a 'new job' have any kind of negative impact? I really don't want to call these people again, bt maybe I should as I'm getting close to a new card ap in July.

Getting annoyed with plastiq! I'm trying to pay the lawn service who fertilizes our yard. I paid him last month with plastiq using my CIP. I had him categorized under 'business services". Tried to use my Amex spg biz to pay for this month. Amex won't support that payment. Switched him to "utilities" and Amex won't support that either. Has something changed with Amex and their supported categories? Utilities were going through fine two weeks ago. Not sure what else to put him under.

ETA: "clubs" category isn't working either which is also supposedly supported by Amex.

No change that I’m aware of; sounds like a glitch.

Their customer support chat will probably tell you to delete your Amex card and reenter it to see if that fixes it. If it doesn’t, they’ll submit a ticket for IT to troubleshoot the issue.

Since your mortgage is still going through, I don’t know if you’d want Plastiq poking around too much in your account. Does DH have his own account that you can try the payment on with your Amex card?

Guys...I am not a rampage of purging these credit reports, LOL! In the past 2 weeks I've closed 11 Bank Accounts, closed 9 Credit Cards and cancelled liability on 7 AU cards...It feels good to clean things up on this spreadsheet :)

Curious to see if there is any short term dip in your credit scores. Keep us posted if you don’t mind. I’m kind of feeling the urge to clean house as well but BoA just closed one of my cards due to inactivity and the number of warning emails I received from the credit monitoring services I subscribe to (Karma, Sesame, Credit.com, etc) made it sound like I had just defaulted on a loan! So far I haven’t seen a change in score so I’m hoping it’s just their generic response to any account closure.

Check your Amex business cards for New 10% Amex Offers: Staples, Lowe’s, Exxon Mobil & Dell. Staples and Lowe's sell gift cards. I̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶E̶x̶x̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶

ETA: I checked again, and found Staples, Lowe's, Exxon, and Hilton on my biz cards. Don't know if it just loaded later or I just needed coffee.

Last edited:
Looking at my Amex offers this morning. Wish I had separate log ins for my cards. I added a couple of offers before I realized I hadn't checked the other card. No biggie - just the Hilton 20 of 100 gift card deal and something else I've forgotten already. I easily would have bought two Hilton gift cards though.

Will get daughter to check authorized user account - may be one there.....

I am surprised at the number of people who still use ITunes. I figured that was a thing of the past. It has been several years since any of my kids asked for some, which makes me mad the amount they have in their accounts and never use it anymore. On to new and better things which was Pandora and now is Spotify until the next must have music app comes along. I think I have some unused cards floating around here too.

I still make use of iTunes credit. It's not just music. You can use iTunes credit for buying apps and in-app purchases, movies, etc.

ETA: Lain wins. :)

Got some new AMEX offers:
  • Hilton $20 off $100 gift card (SPG Personals and Biz cards)
  • Exxon Mobil 10% back up to $100 (SPG Biz cards)
  • Staples 10% back up to $100 (SPG Biz cards)
  • Lowe's 10% back up to $100 (SPG Biz cards)

In other news, this old lady got pulled over by a Maryland State Trooper yesterday.

Brake light out. Issued the standard equipment repair ticket. Bought a bulb yesterday. Now to go fiddle with the plastic casing until either I fix it or some neighbor comes by to ask what I'm doing and fixes it for me.

Then, take it down to the police station and get it signed off on.

I'm actually happy to be alerted but I wish they would just say fix it and leave it at that first time out.

I hope it's okay that I re-post this. I got one response, but was hoping for a few more (no offense to the person who did respond - it actually seems like we have a lot in common :-)). Things seemed to move really fast this afternoon so assume maybe this just got "lost."

I think I’m marginally hooked! I’m feeling bad that I’m not working on a minimum spend requirement LOL. Call me foolish, but I’m not ready to delve into business cards. That said, from all my reading, it seems the Chase Sapphire Preferred might be the card for me. Here are the details:

I’m 4/24
SW card at 11 months
Mattress Firm at 9 months
JC Penney at 7 months
Another SW card that was opened April 3, 2018

One article I read says I may be denied if I’ve applied for a Chase card in the past 90 days, which I have.

Recently (2 weeks ish) lowered credit limits to be less than 50% of income.

Excellent credit scores (upper 700’s).

Credit Karma says I have very good approval odds.

Now, the other thing is that maybe I should have DH open the Sapphire. He’s 3/24, but all have been 7 or 8 months and “little” things (Wells Fargo for a furniture purchase, Fleet Farm and JC Penney). Credit Karma says his odds are “good.” I somewhat wonder if it’s because he has very few cards in his name with fairly young history.

The only thing with DH is I’m kind of waiting for the new SW card and may want to try to open that and the SW business card for him to get the companion pass.

I’m so terrified of making the wrong decision!

I appreciate any and all advice!

Hi there! I am guessing you didn't get the SW CP with your 2 cards since the 1st one was 11 months ago? So for your DH that would be my priority, if you 2 would make good use of it. So I might have him just plan on getting that late this year, with the points posting all in early 2019, so that the CP is good for 2019/2020.
If the CP isn't useful to you, then he could double dip the CSR/CSP now. I am not sure how qualified he Is for the csr, since you mentioned the short credit history, but it doesn't hurt to try. The plan for one of those cards would be to downgrade one to the CF after a year.

If you go the DH route, those MSRs will keep you busy for a bit.

Then, once you meet those, you could go for a double dip yourself. That would space out your dd from your most recent chase app, and after it you'd be 6/24 and done for awhile. You'd want to make sure you use DH's referrals from his DD to get yours so you get the referral points too.

Those 4 cards should keep ya'll busy for several months. good luck!

Excludes electronic gift cards. Buying physical gift cards in store should trigger the offer.

And I should have remembered that since I just finished doing one or two not long ago. Thanks Lain!
Daughter has a couple of amex biz - maybe she got the offers.

Just realized I missed one of the Lowe's $10 off $50 on my SPG Biz :badpc:

Just annoyed at myself because I stopped and used two cards last week, I thought I had them all.

Getting annoyed with plastiq! I'm trying to pay the lawn service who fertilizes our yard. I paid him last month with plastiq using my CIP. I had him categorized under 'business services". Tried to use my Amex spg biz to pay for this month. Amex won't support that payment. Switched him to "utilities" and Amex won't support that either. Has something changed with Amex and their supported categories? Utilities were going through fine two weeks ago. Not sure what else to put him under.

ETA: "clubs" category isn't working either which is also supposedly supported by Amex.

It seems like plastiq has something going on. Between the rumors and random sudden changes and flags, I don't get a warm, fuzzy feeling.

Curious to see if there is any short term dip in your credit scores. Keep us posted if you don’t mind. I’m kind of feeling the urge to clean house as well but BoA just closed one of my cards due to inactivity and the number of warning emails I received from the credit monitoring services I subscribe to (Karma, Sesame, Credit.com, etc) made it sound like I had just defaulted on a loan! So far I haven’t seen a change in score so I’m hoping it’s just their generic response to any account closure.

DH's old citi that we never touched was closed for inactivity and I didn't see a credit score drop, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Check your Amex business cards for New 10% Amex Offers: Staples, Lowe’s, Exxon Mobil & Dell. Staples and Lowe's sell gift cards. I only got Exxon, but I'll take it.

Happy Friday to us! I had bunches of these offers on our cards!

@calypso726 I finally read through everything you have been dealing with and I'm so sorry! I am glad you seem to be taking it in good spirits and it wasn't something more serious. Enjoy the rest of your trip!!

Just realized I missed one of the Lowe's $10 off $50 on my SPG Biz :badpc:

Just annoyed at myself because I stopped and used two cards last week, I thought I had them all.

I realized at 7pm last night I forgot to use mine too. We had it on 2 cards but one was sock drawered and I kept forgetting to grab it when running errands. I didn't care enough to get up and go last night though. Glad there is another Lowes offer this morning to make up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter