I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@havaneselover sorry to hear. Death and grieving are common in my job and someone said something so poignant to me once - the longer they have been here the more memories you have a grieve.

Wow the Amex no pop up no bonus is scary. I’ve had a long relationship with AMEX. One of my sisters first jobs was with them (during 9/11, in their manhattan office in tower 7 - luckily she and her whole dept were ok but it was a crazy time). She was a director in Risk Management but left a long time ago to stay home with her kiddos. She has crazy stories about having to call rock stars and famous people in serious mega crazy debt. Anyways I’m hoping my long loyal history will help but I’ve hit them kind of hard too lately. I had Delta and Jetblue a million years ago (I think since 2001). Then I got SPG almost 2 years ago. In August I got BGR, green biz and SPG biz in a few weeks of each other! Plan to cancel first two for sure. Since then I’ve gotten BBP and PGR (both keepers). So in total I have 7 amex cards, 4 are credit so only spot for one more anyways.

I haven't read through the Reddit DPs on the Amex bonuses yet, but I think I might be one of the ones affected. I had gotten the pop-up several times while trying to get the Hilton Biz. I put spend on all my Amex cards and then applied for the Rose Gold and was approved and no bonus. I met the spend about 5 days ago but no sign of my bonus yet...

Sad morning:( I woke up to a text that my 99-year old grandma passed away yesterday. My mom was on her way to see her but didn’t make it in time. I feel so badly for my mom.
Hugs to you and your mom. I’m so sorry to read this :(

Feel like I'm still playing catch up here! Been crazy at work and came home from NYC to DH having a terrible case of the flu. Fortunately we got him Tamiflu at 8 AM yesterday and he is feeling a little better, even though I was worried the bed sheets were going catch fire from how hot he was last night. He is not the "man flu" type (sorry guys), so when he rolled over yesterday morning and said he was freezing and everything hurt, I knew it was bad. I happened to have a doctor's appt yesterday and she just went ahead and wrote me a prescription for Tamiflu and told me to get it filled as soon as I felt the first symptom. Fingers crossed I avoid it.

Also, feel so honored to make @SouthFayetteFan's list! :cutie: This is such a great board with so many helpful people! I'm going to come back later to share my 2019 goals, even though it's going to be a very small boring list!

ETA: Shared my Marriott Marquis review this morning on the hotel thread for those who are interested!

Sad morning:( I woke up to a text that my 99-year old grandma passed away yesterday. My mom was on her way to see her but didn’t make it in time. I feel so badly for my mom.

So sorry for your family's loss. That's tough.

Just jumping in here quickly (I have so much catching up to do!) Looking at P2 creditkarma and thinking about next moves. he's down to 3/24- but the most recent swa personal app and Hilton referral not showing there....
technically he'd be 5/24 if those show,right? (or in CT,does the swa app show only on experian?) Wondering about timing the next app (if possible) since one more drops soon(open date was 12/1/16) he'll be 4/24 again then.... opened the swa biz in Nov,the pers. about 2-3 weeks ago. Was thinking the CIP for him next? What's the wisdom on timing for that? Looking to for a new stash of UR's to finish it out but want an approval. Was figuring he'd go for the arrival+ offer once he's officially at 5/24..... sound like a good plan?
And how doable is the grAAvy train after something like this plan? I'm really intrigued by those points (and the fact I liked the flight to Maui last week lol)
thanks for any insights here.
I guess for me it's UR #1(flexible) SWA #2 (flights I need) and everything else comes after that.
Or.... (sorry quoting my own question) b/c the Hh app is on the report,or WILL be....how long does it take to show up? and can P2 app for a WoH card right now before it shows up,then wait a few month before going for CIP?
I'm a bit confused by the open dates on CK,since the last 2 apps don't show (yet?) on TU and EX....

Interesting on the AMEX situation. I have not had a popup for myself. But DH did and it took several weeks and some spend (probably about $500 over a couple of cards) and he did get the bonus also. But it really makes me nervous to try anymore.
We haven't gotten any new personal AMEX cards recently (the last was DH in 8/2017), but we have each gotten 5 biz cards this year. None of which I will keep because I don't want to pay any AF. So I am sure that is NOT going to go over well with AMEX. Not sure there is much else I want to get from them anyway, as I don't want any of the luxury cards with the huge AF.
Not sure where I will head next, once I get that darn SW personal (assuming they give it to me in January). Dh is also at 4/24 and I haven't done anything yet for him.

Last edited:
I haven't read through the Reddit DPs on the Amex bonuses yet, but I think I might be one of the ones affected. I had gotten the pop-up several times while trying to get the Hilton Biz. I put spend on all my Amex cards and then applied for the Rose Gold and was approved and no bonus. I met the spend about 5 days ago but no sign of my bonus yet...
Did you check your pending points? Mine are pending today from a closing of 12/14 (just basic points havent hit MSR yet)

@DisneyMandC poor hubby the flu is awful! I hope you don’t get it. Here I am pediatric nurse and mom of the year - have yet to take my kids to get their flu shots. This reminds me to just do it. Though both my kids have managed to get the flu years they have gotten the shot so maybe this year they don’t they'll be safe! Not a DP I’m willing to risk. DH would blame me if it happened especially since we are vacationing 2 weeks in February

As we approach the end of the year, I just wanted to take a moment and thank some friends on this thread who are awesome contributors!

I wanted to make a list of people I've enjoyed interacting with and I ended up with over 30 names, and I just can't type that many personal messages. AND I'm sure I've missed people so PLEASE don't take offense if I didn't include you! I don't have a spreadsheet of all your activities like @Lain does :P

First off just a list of people who I've enjoyed trading messages or discussing on the board or who were new and have impressed me with their quick grasp of the game: @ afan, @brownhaired_girl, @CoP Luv, @disneymagicgirl, @DisneyMandC, @elgerber, @FloridaNative8, @GlamMistress, @GusGus16, @Haley R, @jhoannam, @kmc8826, @LuckyMamaInDE, @magickingdomprincess, @mmmears, @mom2elal, @MrPTato, @palhockeymomof2, @pillow, @platamama, @PolyRob, @speedyfishy, @striker1064, @Texans_loyal, @tink1970, @trenty, @vanjust14, @WVMomof3 (again sorry to anybody I missed...it's hard to remember all of you!!)

And then a few I want to just say something personal about:
  • @Albort - You were the first mod of DISchurners. You've helped me maintain that for 15 months now and most of your comments either provide great info or make me laugh, OR sometimes both. Thanks for being awesome! :P
  • @amalone1013 - whenever I see :badpc: I think of you. I loved your trip report, you make it so fun around here!!
  • @calypso726 - :worship: what can I say other than you are an amazing wealth of knowledge! We approach things so much differently and yet I learn and read everything you say! I love that we can provide varying viewpoints and have such respectful discussions! And what you achieve with your points is AMAZING!!!
  • @gottalovepluto - super cool to realize who you were on r/churning. I love how you and I can both have different personalities there vs. here... :rolleyes1
  • @Lain - you are a straight up animal with those long responses and advice you give folks! You've provided me my fair share of great suggestions AND I appreciate you helping out with mod duties on DISchurners. Oh and your listening :listen: skills are out of this world! (Or that spreadsheet you keep is super amazing ;))
  • @wendow - just love the perspective and discussion you bring. Have had awesome interactions with you and love how hard you work at the game to provide awesome experiences for your family! :-)
Love the community we have here! You guys are all awesome - 2018 was a great year - here's to making 2019 even better!!

EDIT: should've included @miztressuz and also missed @DaveL who gave us so many tips on Disney and URs before that went south!

Just saw this and wanted to say thank you. It’s nice to be appreciated. Believe me, I (and likely everyone else on this thread) appreciates you, everyone on this list and everyone who posts here. Every post is a learning opportunity for someone reading this thread. I’ve learned so much from everyone on this thread and that list, even though I’ve been at this game for a while. A fresh perspective with a different viewpoint can open up a whole new world of possibilities. My thanks to everyone who posts here!

@DisneyMandC poor hubby the flu is awful! I hope you don’t get it. Here I am pediatric nurse and mom of the year - have yet to take my kids to get their flu shots. This reminds me to just do it. Though both my kids have managed to get the flu years they have gotten the shot so maybe this year they don’t they'll be safe! Not a DP I’m willing to risk. DH would blame me if it happened especially since we are vacationing 2 weeks in February

I know what you mean. I've always gotten a terrible flu on the years I've gotten flu shots, so I haven't done it for several years. I would get the flu shot when I was at college in a very small, country town and we would always joke that they were probably just injecting us with creek water (I promise I'm not an anti-vaxxer lol). When my doctor gave me the prescription last night, she told me that even if I don't need the Tamiflu to "go get your g@# d!*% flu shot!" Direct quote. :rolleyes: Maybe I'll go ahead and do it this year.

I'm hoping I avoid it from DH. I've been washing my hands a lot. I've had my annual bronchitis/asthma-related cough lately, so my logic is that since I've had that for the last two weeks, I can't get the flu too. That's how science works, right? :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter