I miss the old "percentage sold" bars...

I miss those too. No idea if there is a way to tell now how full they are.

Yes! I miss them too! Even if I'm not registering for that particular race, I love watching! :cool2:

At first I thought they took them away because stuff was selling out so quickly that they thought they didn't need them...now I think it's just runDisney being lazy. They took them away for deferrals, too.

Before I reached my current state of registration paranoia they were very useful in letting me know, relatively, how long I had to make up my mind about whether and which race to run. I think they would still be useful to others contemplating similar decisions. It seems like the days of insta-sellouts may be starting to disappear so it probably is just laziness. It's pretty odd that in an era of technological advancement, runDisney and it's web presence seem to be regressing.

Last edited:
I think the opposite of some of you... it may actually be because they are not selling out as fast now. Without a progress bar, people may register sooner since they are worried that it might sell out soon, whereas if there was a progress bar with only 50-60% full, they may wait to decide.

I think the opposite of some of you... it may actually be because they are not selling out as fast now. Without a progress bar, people may register sooner since they are worried that it might sell out soon, whereas if there was a progress bar with only 50-60% full, they may wait to decide.
That definitely could be. Not having the percentage posted for deferrals definitely made me not hesitate to submit mine for Princess this year, so I could see it being the same with registration.

You may be right, it may be calculated to influence quicker decision-making since there is uncertainty about how quickly things could sell-out. That would make sense. I just have my default reasoning for why runDisney does anything set on apathy.

I agree with this. I think they dropped the percentage sold bars to hide they fact that races aren't selling out as quickly. I wish they were still there, it did make it much easier to plan if you were trying to register after a race had been open for a while.

I think this is exactly why they went away. Didn't want people to know that tink on Mother's Day was not as popular a decision as they thought or that avengers doesn't sell. Yep.

I miss them. Up until last year when most races sold out the same day, there wasn't really any purpose for them to continue with them. However, it seems like sell outs are taking longer, I think they should make a comeback!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter