I need a lot of help.....

WalshGirlsLoveDisney

Earning My Ears
Hi,
I am new to all of this, so sorry if I ask a lot of stupid questions!:confused3 I am not a member of the DVC, but my parents own two timeshares. I was just wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to change one of my parents weeks into a week at Disney? We wanted to try for the second week in December 2007, but I really don't know where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

I'd suggest you PM "Dean." I think he knows just about everything about timeshares.

Check out the Timeshare User's Group at www.tug2.net. There is a site devoted to timeshares and a large discussion board at www.tugbbs.com. Lots of good information on exchanging, buying, etc.

Most will tell you that DVC is not an easy exchange and you might get lucky if you are requesting off-season dates. December is a popular time for DVC members, and exchanges depend upon a DVC member depositing a week that you want into Interval International (II). Then you need to have a pretty strong trader timeshare (whatever your parents own) that trades with II, and you'd have to be flexible with dates and unit sizes.

You might be able to get something for that time, esp if you can do with a 1 BR or studio. A 2 BR is possible but less likely. Where and what do they own including unit size. It the week you want to use is already deposited, how far in advance was it deposited? There is a $135 exchange fee and DVC charges an extra $95 resort services fee in addition. One thing to note is that if if you would be using an Orlando week you cannot exchange into DVC through II.

If you will give me more specifics I can likely give you more info. You can also send me a personal message or email me directly. Just click on my screen name to the left and it will give you additional options. Let us know what happens please.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter