• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need help - as usual

elisebutt

DIS Veteran
OK - brain picking time - going to NYC provisionally - 01/01 to 06/01

Any favourite airlines/hotels?

Any websites for cheap flights this far in advance?

I love shopping - this is going to be bliss for me - i wonder if DH knows what he has let himself in for??

BTW - which is the best airport to fly into - JFK or La Guardia - I don't have a clue where either are?

Hi Elise,

First of all, La Guardia is the domestic airport. Depending on who you fly with and when, you will either be flying into JFK or Newark. We flew into JFK and out of Newark with British Airways. JFK is on Long Island and Newark is in New Jersey. If you fly out of Newark, be sure to allow yourself <i>lots</i> of time to get to the airport - it's not far, but the traffic has to be seen to be believed!

We stayed at the Omni Berkshire Place on 52nd and Madison and I would highly recommend it. We got a good price through Hotel Reservations Network. It is situated between Madison and Fifth Avenues - a great place to be situated for shopping!

I'm a Virgin Flying Club Silver member, so if (er, I mean, when) we go again, I will probably fly with them, but I couldn't fault BA. The plane was a new 777 with 'winged' headrests and much bigger seat-back tvs than you get on the Virgin planes. And there seemed to be more space in the cabin, due to different positioning of the overhead lockers.

Elise, I did the opposite of Deb and flew into Newark and out of JFK. To be honest, traffic EVERYWHERE in NY is bad, so allow plenty of time whereever you may be going. Both airports are about the same distance/time to get into Manhattan, but when I was researching, I did decide I preferred to fly into Newark atleast as their immigration is supposed to be a bit better...JFK seems to have a reputation (I don't know if it's justified or not) of a picky immigration and can be slow to get through. All I can say is we whizzed through Newark's though!

You might want to check out this recent previous thread which has some interesting stuff you might find useful :)

After that, feel free to ask more questions, I know there are a fair few DIS'ers who have 'done' NY.

Penny :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter