I need updated reviews for this years Hallowishes dessert party :)

I went to the first MNSSHP dessert party on September 2nd, along with DH and DS5. The parade viewing area was very good. There was plenty of space. We got there about 30 minutes before the parade start time, and we got an excellent spot. There were still plenty of other spots left right up until parade start time. They handed out small water bottles, which was very nice.

The dessert part was just okay. There was a wide variety of desserts, but none of them really stood out. They kind of seemed to all taste the same. They were typical Disney buffet desserts. It was towards the end of our trip, so maybe I was just getting tired of Disney buffet type desserts. I would say they were just okay. There was icecream and cookies too. At the icecream station, they had sprinkles and cookie crumbs and gummy worms.

The dessert party was VERY CROWDED. The tables were, in my opinion, way too close together, and it was difficult to move around. I got up once to go to the bathroom, and it was hard to navigate my way out due to all of the tables being so close together; therefore, I didn't get up again to get seconds on desserts! It seemed to be pretty disorganized, but, then again, this was the first party. The viewing area was okay, but just okay. I think it would have been better from the hub area.

I think we actually wasted too much time doing the dessert party. We didn't trick-or-treat much, and I think our time would have been better spent doing that and meet and greets. Plus, the candy they handed out was better than the desserts, in my opinion! This is one of the things we agreed we most likely would not do again. The parade viewing area was good, but I think we could have found a good spot ourselves, although we would have had to get our spot earlier. If I had to do it again, I would skip the first parade, watch fireworks from the hub and then attend the second parade and not do the dessert party. This way we would have had more time to do other things. The time after the parade to the time the fireworks started was pretty much wasted time, to me.

It was okay, but just not worth it to us, in my opinion. I'm the type of person that usually has to see for myself, so I'm glad I did it once! Hope I don't sound too negative!

Thanks for the review! Like @Lisa F I'm leaning towards cancelling. BUT, I have a 2 year old with me so we need to see the first parade (probably would not make it to the second one...). How was the view of the fireworks in the terrace? Were people able to stand up to go to the railing? How was the check in process? Do you get to ask for a table by the rails if you go early enough? (Sorry for the million and one questions!)

The dessert party was VERY CROWDED. The tables were, in my opinion, way too close together, and it was difficult to move around. I got up once to go to the bathroom, and it was hard to navigate my way out due to all of the tables being so close together; therefore, I didn't get up again to get seconds on desserts! It seemed to be pretty disorganized, but, then again, this was the first party. The viewing area was okay, but just okay. I think it would have been better from the hub area.
Were the seats assigned or first come first serve? I'm going on Halloween and am worried that it will be non-assigned and so packed you can't get a seat.

The viewing for the fireworks was okay. You could see without having to go to the railing. Some people stood up, but then they sort of blocked other people's views. I didn't stand up, just to be courteous to the tables behind me. You couldn't really go to the railing because they had tables really close up to the railing. Our table was a couple of tables back from the railing, and we could see just fine, but the view is sort of to the side of the castle, and I prefer straight-on. It didn't seem like there would be much of an advantage to getting a table closer to the railing.

The check-in process was kind of chaotic. This may have been due to it being the first party, though. After the parade is over, the CMs lead everyone as a group over to the dessert area. Once there, they had flutes of sparkling apple cider as you entered. They assigned tables there. You had to wait for a CM to take you to your table, and that process was a little lengthy. It didn't seem like the tables were preassigned, but it was hard to tell because it was, like I said, a little chaotic. It wasn't too, too bad, but it was crowded and people were pushing a little bit, etc. It was hot and crowded. I think it may be difficult to move around with your two-year-old, unless they change the set-up.

Oh, and just for everyone's information, I was told that I needed to go check in at Will Call at Magic Kingdom before 4:00. That was not correct. I waited in line at Will Call only to be told to go check in at Tomorrowland Terrace at 7:30. At 7:30 we went to Tomorrowland Terrace and were given our lanyards and party badges. We were told that we could either go to the parade viewing area right then or come back closer to 8:00. We got to the parade viewing area about 8:00, but we could have pushed it all the way to 8:30. The area was not crowded there at all.

Were the seats assigned or first come first serve? I'm going on Halloween and am worried that it will be non-assigned and so packed you can't get a seat.
They walked everyone to the dessert area from the parade, and everyone had a table. I couldn't tell if they were pre-assigned or not. It seemed like they were assigning as they went along, but maybe it just seemed that way. They moved kind of slow. It won't be so packed you can't get a seat. They will give you a table, but the tables were very, very close together and you could hardly move around the seating area. I thought it was way too crowded to be comfortable, just my opinion.

no worries, you don't. This is exactly the kind of information people are looking for! And also not that far out of whack with what I have heard and read before - desserts are ok but nothing great and the viewing area is not the best. I have this booked for the christmas party and assume it will be the same drill but am leaning toward canceling right now (not just based on your review, reviews last year were much the same). I hope you still had a great time at the party though! I love the parade so at least that part was awesome :)

Thanks! We did have a great time at the party. The parade was absolutely awesome! I loved it. We missed the headless horseman at the first parade, but I think that was due to rain earlier in the day. The ground was dry by that time. It had stopped raining much earlier in the day, maybe 5:30 or so, but maybe he didn't come out because of the rain earlier. I heard he did come out at the second parade though! Darn! We missed that parade! It was the first time we saw the Halloween parade, and it was great. The fireworks were really good, too. The candy they handed out was really good candy, from what we did get, and the ride waits were really short. The character meet and greet lines didn't look too long, either, but we didn't get to do those mainly because we were doing the party. We took my DS5 to Pirates League before the party, and he loved that! I did a Wishes dessert party years back . . . either 2011 or 2012 . . . and it was really good back then. It was A LOT cheaper, the desserts were A LOT better and it was much less crowded. This wasn't awful, but definitely not something I would do again. The party, though, was really good, and I would do that again.

The viewing for the fireworks was okay. You could see without having to go to the railing. Some people stood up, but then they sort of blocked other people's views. I didn't stand up, just to be courteous to the tables behind me. You couldn't really go to the railing because they had tables really close up to the railing. Our table was a couple of tables back from the railing, and we could see just fine, but the view is sort of to the side of the castle, and I prefer straight-on. It didn't seem like there would be much of an advantage to getting a table closer to the railing.

The check-in process was kind of chaotic. This may have been due to it being the first party, though. After the parade is over, the CMs lead everyone as a group over to the dessert area. Once there, they had flutes of sparkling apple cider as you entered. They assigned tables there. You had to wait for a CM to take you to your table, and that process was a little lengthy. It didn't seem like the tables were preassigned, but it was hard to tell because it was, like I said, a little chaotic. It wasn't too, too bad, but it was crowded and people were pushing a little bit, etc. It was hot and crowded. I think it may be difficult to move around with your two-year-old, unless they change the set-up.

Oh, and just for everyone's information, I was told that I needed to go check in at Will Call at Magic Kingdom before 4:00. That was not correct. I waited in line at Will Call only to be told to go check in at Tomorrowland Terrace at 7:30. At 7:30 we went to Tomorrowland Terrace and were given our lanyards and party badges. We were told that we could either go to the parade viewing area right then or come back closer to 8:00. We got to the parade viewing area about 8:00, but we could have pushed it all the way to 8:30. The area was not crowded there at all.

Thanks so much for answering everything! It sounds like it might be easier just to snag a spot outside. Was the first parade very crowded elsewhere (other than the reserved spot?) :) really love your review, thanks for all the information! :)

Thanks @TexasTSL for your review, that is so helpful. I will wait to hear from a few more people before making my final decision, but I am leaning toward canceling.

I will be there SOLO, so I am thinking it might be easier if I just try to be a theme park ninja and grab a spot for the parade on my own. Sounds like a lot of down time between the parade and fireworks, and I won't have anyone to talk to...

Thanks so much for answering everything! It sounds like it might be easier just to snag a spot outside. Was the first parade very crowded elsewhere (other than the reserved spot?) :) really love your review, thanks for all the information! :)[/QUOTE

Your welcome! The parade was crowded, but not super crowded by Disney standards, meaning, what I have seen in the past at regular parades. I think you could get a good spot, just a little earlier. This was the first party, and I had read that it was usually packed, and it wasn't anywhere near what I expected. Of course Main Street is the most crowded area, and that's what we passed by on our way to the viewing area, but, still, it didn't seem near as bad as I've seen before, and this was, like I said, pretty late that we walked to the viewing area. I bet you could get a good spot in Frontierland. It really was not anything like I expected as far as crowds. It wasn't slow by any means, but not bad at all.

Thanks @TexasTSL for your review, that is so helpful. I will wait to hear from a few more people before making my final decision, but I am leaning toward canceling.

I will be there SOLO, so I am thinking it might be easier if I just try to be a theme park ninja and grab a spot for the parade on my own. Sounds like a lot of down time between the parade and fireworks, and I won't have anyone to talk to...
Yes, it did seem like quite a bit of down time between the parade and the fireworks, and, honestly, even if you did have someone to talk to, it was pretty loud at the fireworks viewing area. It was a little claustrophobic-feeling. If I was solo, I definitely would not do it. I love a lot of the other Disney treats, like the caramel apples, popcorn, icecream cookie sandwiches. I would grab one of those and just get a spot early, maybe read on my phone or something while I waited! I did it more because of my DS5. I really wanted him to be able to see everything because he loves parades and he loves Halloweeen. And I guess it did serve that purpose. Also, since the parade starts in Frontierland, it took a while before it got to Main Street. I think I would try to find a spot in Frontierland!

They walked everyone to the dessert area from the parade, and everyone had a table. I couldn't tell if they were pre-assigned or not. It seemed like they were assigning as they went along, but maybe it just seemed that way. They moved kind of slow. It won't be so packed you can't get a seat. They will give you a table, but the tables were very, very close together and you could hardly move around the seating area. I thought it was way too crowded to be comfortable, just my opinion.
Ahh its good you can get a seat, yea they were very close when I did the osborne party too. I was worried it be like the 3d desert party where you didnt get in first and you stood.

Yes, it did seem like quite a bit of down time between the parade and the fireworks, and, honestly, even if you did have someone to talk to, it was pretty loud at the fireworks viewing area. It was a little claustrophobic-feeling. If I was solo, I definitely would not do it. I love a lot of the other Disney treats, like the caramel apples, popcorn, icecream cookie sandwiches. I would grab one of those and just get a spot early, maybe read on my phone or something while I waited! I did it more because of my DS5. I really wanted him to be able to see everything because he loves parades and he loves Halloweeen. And I guess it did serve that purpose. Also, since the parade starts in Frontierland, it took a while before it got to Main Street. I think I would try to find a spot in Frontierland!
Thanks so much for your review and answers to everyone's questions. I was wondering if there was enough time once you were shown to your table to get your desserts and eat etc before the fireworks? I've wondered if it was rushed? Did they push everyone out after the fireworks or could you grab a last treat? Was their anything on the tables to keep, like a goody bag? Thanks!

We also went to the September 2 party. I agree with the previous reviewer that it was extremely unorganized. I loved having a reserved area for the parade, but honestly, that was the only benefit for us. We wouldn't do it again. My 3 year old had to go potty RIGHT NOW as we were walking up after the parade, so we were one of the last to check in and get a table. Ours was way back in the terrace, and we couldn't see any of the fireworks from our table. The CMs told us that there were two areas at the rail set aside where we could stand to watch, but the people sitting at the tables nearby were giving us dirty looks. We ended up leaving midway through the fireworks. The "gift" that they handed out was just a little pack of Ghirardelli chocolates. Definitely not impressed.

Went to the party tonight. Agree with previous posters.

Arrival and check in: frustrating as I asked three different cast members where to checkin for the dessert party and no one knew. 4th castmember at the flagpole was a success.

We checked in at 8pm at the flagpole and received lanyards. She confirmed Kenny the pirate Info that parade would arrive at 8:55pm but headless horseman at 8:30.

We left to get candy and tried to get popcorn then came back as they stop accepting entry at 8:30pm for parade viewing.

Waters were perfect!

Sat on curbs and had a good view.

Party: ughhh - waste of time - drinks may have been kool aid. Nothing was labeled. Was not in the mood for dessert when hot and sweaty.

Tables were not assigned. You pick.

You can get almost a front on castle view. On the far left near buffet tables.

Dead time from 9:30-10:15 seemed sooo long. My 4 year old begged to leave so much that I got irritated yelled and she sat crying through the show.

Could not move from my table once those around us filled up. Too close.

Would never do it again.

I'm sad to hear these reviews. I was really looking forward to it :( that is so much wasted party time. I'm disappointed all the tables aren't excellent views of fireworks what's the point then!!! If it's super crowded that's pointless as well. I don't know what we will do now. I'd hate to waste money but I also don't want it to be not enjoyable and waste time!

I just canceled my reservation based on these reports. I trust it will become more organized as the season goes on, but it's the wide gap between the parade and the fireworks (and the possibility of crappy fireworks viewing!) that has me bailing. That's precious time that I don't want to waste! I'll put my $79 toward a candy apple and some cute party merch :)

I'm sad to hear these reviews. I was really looking forward to it :( that is so much wasted party time. I'm disappointed all the tables aren't excellent views of fireworks what's the point then!!! If it's super crowded that's pointless as well. I don't know what we will do now. I'd hate to waste money but I also don't want it to be not enjoyable and waste time!

That's always been the knock on the dessert parties at MK, the Tomorrowland Terrace is kind of a terrible vantage point for fireworks.

That's always been the knock on the dessert parties at MK, the Tomorrowland Terrace is kind of a terrible vantage point for fireworks.
I would not say it is TERRIBLE for regular wishes but for the holiday wishes (halloween and xmas) with the 360 fireworks I couldn't imagine it would be remotely good. and now it's been confirmed. I'm so sorry for those of you who had less than magical experiences but thanks for reporting back so everyone else can make informed decisions. Please let Disney know how unhappy you were too. Hopefully they can make a little alternate magic for you. In fact I am wondering about the value of sending a guest feedback email myself about why I am cancelling. They may not care since I haven't been there but I can't believe that they do not know that they are packing those things way too tightly.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter