I Need Your Help

I

IOAFREAK6

hey,
My friend is scared to go on the IOA coaster. I was wondering how I get him on an IOA or flipping coaster.
See hes scared of flips but he doesnt know what they fell like could u guyz tell me how to explain them 2 him. and also tell me how to get him on one i know he'll like it and he knows he will to and whats a good coaster to start him on there. Thank you so much and please reply.
IOAFREAK:p

When you refer to *flips*, I am assuming you mean going upside down. Well, if thast is the case, then I can tell you you how I describe it. Imagine twirling round and round in circles then immediately stopping. Know how dizzy you feel as though the whole world is moving? Well, that's how an upside down coaster feels to me. The only difference is on the coaster you actually feel g-forces against your face and body. I like the upside down coasters better than the old hill coasters. Causes less of that *I lost my stomach* feeling. I prefer IOA coasters to any other coaster I have been on. They are super smooth. Maybe try Hulk first but warn him of the super fast take off.

I totally agree with sleepy, Hulk first.

The twists and turns on this ride are totally different than coasters I've been on in most amusement parks. I like the security of the harness and truthfully, since there's no jerking motions, the inversion is barely noticeable!

I think the Hulk is tolerable by anyone, and I would not say that about all coasters! I would not suggest Dueling Dragons, especially in the FIRST SEAT, thank you Barry!:earseek: :earseek:

yeah my ...uh... "freind" is scared to get on too, yeah his name is... uh... eepsoot. wink wink;) ...nudge nudge:rolleyes:

first tell him to stand on his head, then give him a good punch in the stomach. tht will recreate hulk or dueling dragons. but seriously they're both pretty intense coasters. I actually think ice dragon isless intense than the hulk. but what do I know, my stomach is pretty coaster-freindly and I have a hard time understanding how someone could get sick on a coaster...oh well...I can't understand how my wrist watch works either.

ps. try using periods to seperate thoughts or ideas. :D

Does your friend get motion sickness? If so, don't try to talk him into anything. The coasters are only 2 attractions in the whole park. But that said, hulk is very smooth. Great take off!

After meeting coaster fanatics to test pilots, the one piece of advice that I can offer for coaster riding-

Find one common still point and focus on it. It could be the seat in front of you, the track of the coaster, anything that is still-if you look up, you'll disorient yourself and be sick-with that in mind, the coaster will be a fun ride.

ioafreak try the flying unicorn. I think this will warm you up for the hulk or dualing dragons. Just do it ioafreak. you don't really know what you have been on till you have been these coasters. Look someone should force you on the coasters. Thats what friends are for. If you want my friends and i could help you get on an ioa coaster.

I will ride Dragons and the Hulk, but I try to avoid the Flying Unicorn. The end break is so hard that I fly into the lapbar and back onto the seat. It's not a really bad ride, though.

lol, yeah that brake is rough. The lapbar is down around the stomach too so it could very well knock the wind out of you. I went to IOA today and I remembered this question and thought about it when I went on the rides, so here's how I think they all rank from least intensity to most. (not including the Unicorn)

1. Ice Dragon - this is definatly the least INTENSE coaster of them all IMO. It is very smooth and not quite as relentless on the speed. It also has less inversions I believe. However it is still scary, watch out for the wall. (ride in the front row it's worth it)

2. Hulk - This is a VERY intense coaster, every time I ride it my head is buzzing well after I get off. It is VERY fast too. However it goes so fast that it is not that bad. I mean when you get launched out of the tube you don't really have time to contemplate every g-force. I can imagine it must be terrifying even to look at though for a coasterphobic person.

3. Fire Dragon - this one is about the same as HULK but I think it can be more intense. I usually ride in the back of this one and it whips you around good. For some reason it feels faster than ICE. It flips you around a little more too. You could probably make it less intense than hulk by changing where you sit but I'm not sure on details on that.

A few things to remember, keep your head pressed firmly against the headrest (you won't have a problem with this on hulk b/c your head seems to assume that position automatically as you shoot up the track). This will prevent your head from getting yanked down when the g-forces hit. Also sit on one of the outside seats, you won't get as queasy there if you are prone to have a weak stomach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter