I told a LIE

zurgswife

WDW is my Shangrala...and I'm going...life is bett
And it's blowing up in my face. Oye Vey I should know better.

My daughter has emotional problems and really wanted a cat. She hasn't been able to go to school due to her anxiety and panic attacks. We have found that being around cats really helps her stress level. So, we have been doing the rounds trying to find a cat. A number of the local rescues have cats in the Petco's or PetSmarts around here.

Last week my daughter found a cat that she really bonded with; the info on the door says the cat would NOT do well with dogs --- we have two dogs. The way our house is set up my daughters room is an area that used to be an apartment when previous owners owned the house. So there are two doors between her living space and the main house. The plan is to have the cat live there and no contact with our dogs.

So, I lied and said we didn't have any dogs....(BIG STUPID MISTAKE). I listed our references - my mom and sister. I told them not to tell them we had any animals. They called my mom and she said we had a dog a few years ago that died a natural death(true)...... Thinking she was just letting them know what a wonderful family we were to a past animal. My mom didn't realize that the process of these groups is to contact your vet to see if you were a responsible animal owner (we are). So, now they are going to ask for my vet number and KAPOOOIE

My stupidity to lie has just blown up in my face and my daughter is going to loss out on a cat she has emotionally bonded with now.....I just want to vomit!!!! I'm so mad at myself.

My daughter has emotional problems and really wanted a cat. She hasn't been able to go to school due to her anxiety and panic attacks. We have found that being around cats really helps her stress level. So, we have been doing the rounds trying to find a cat. A number of the local rescues have cats in the Petco's or PetSmarts around here.

Last week my daughter found a cat that she really bonded with; the info on the door says the cat would do well with dogs --- we have two dogs. The way our house is set up my daughters room is an area that used to be an apartment when previous owners owned the house. So there are two doors between her living space and the main house. The plan is to have the cat live there and no contact with our dogs.

So, I lied and said we didn't have any dogs....(BIG STUPID MISTAKE). I listed our references - my mom and sister. I told them not to tell them we had any animals. They called my mom and she said we had a dog a few years ago that died a natural death(true)...... Thinking she was just letting them know what a wonderful family we were to a past animal. My mom didn't realize that the process of these groups is to contact your vet to see if you were a responsible animal owner (we are). So, now they are going to ask for my vet number and KAPOOOIE

My stupidity to lie has just blown up in my face and my daughter is going to loss out on a cat she has emotionally bonded with now.....I just want to vomit!!!! I'm so made at myself.

I don't get it. :confused3 Why did you say you didn't have any dogs?

Last week my daughter found a cat that she really bonded with; the info on the door says the cat would do well with dogs --- we have two dogs. The way our house is set up my daughters room is an area that used to be an apartment when previous owners owned the house. So there are two doors between her living space and the main house. The plan is to have the cat live there and no contact with our dogs.

My stupidity to lie has just blown up in my face and my daughter is going to loss out on a cat she has emotionally bonded with now.....I just want to vomit!!!! I'm so made at myself.

I couldn't get past the part about trying to keep a cat in one room.

Good luck to you, maybe you will be able to find another cat she can bond with. But keeping a cat in one room... oye vey.

I would take a look rather quickly if you can find a youngster, a kitten for her to quickly forget the answer you guys are about to get. Hopefully it won't stress your daughter to much more.

Come clean, once this group figures out the truth, local rescues talk to each other. There's even a do not adopt list.

I'm curious to read why you told them no dogs

If the info on the cat was that it was good with dogs why on earth would you lie about having dogs??

Lesson learned the hard way, I guess?

Did they ask for the number yet? If I were you, I would call them and admit to the lie before they find out themselves. Apologize and explain it was a mistake, maybe they'll have mercy on you for being honest after the fact?

I couldn't get past the part about trying to keep a cat in one room.

Good luck to you, maybe you will be able to find another cat she can bond with. But keeping a cat in one room... oye vey.

It's a small studio apartment size room. It's not like it is 9X10. It was originally a two bedroom, kitchenette and bathroom before we moved in and remodeled into a very large room and bathroom.

I wouldn't even worry about it. Maybe you don't get that cat but there are tons of cats and kittens out there. If you check Craig's list or kijiji there are dozens of people giving away boxes of kittens.

I wouldn't even worry about it. Maybe you don't get that cat but there are tons of cats and kittens out there. If you check Craig's list or kijiji there are dozens of people giving away boxes of kittens.

Lessoned learned we will move on and next time not lie....it was my stupidity in desparation because my daughter and this specific cat bonded. And the info on the cat cage said no dogs.....and I knew the set up of our house.

It was my stupidity and I take full blame. I just feel bad that it was I who did this to my daughter.

How bout saying your house is set up like a 2 family (since the way you explained it, it is) and that your dogs will have no contact with the cat at all. I would call them before they call the vet. How bout have your mother adopting the cat and then you taking it. If your dogs are never going to be around it, it shouldn't be a big deal. Good luck!

How bout saying your house is set up like a 2 family (since the way you explained it, it is) and that your dogs will have no contact with the cat at all. I would call them before they call the vet. How bout have your mother adopting the cat and then you taking it. If your dogs are never going to be around it, it shouldn't be a big deal. Good luck!

They don't have the vets number. My mom lives no where near me; so no more lies with her adopting. LOL. I'm going to figure out how to come clean tomorrow.

I just explained to my daughter what I had done and what might happen. She is 16 so she understands what I did; why it was wrong but why I chose to do it......

Lessoned learned we will move on and next time not lie....it was my stupidity in desparation because my daughter and this specific cat bonded. And the info on the cat cage said no dogs.....and I knew the set up of our house.

It was my stupidity and I take full blame. I just feel bad that it was I who did this to my daughter.

I hate lies & lying, it always just ends up coming back to me. In the long run, it is probably better for the cat- since living with dogs was not the cats ideal home. You will find another cat, whose needs match your entire family.

I know it's a large studio, but please don't keep a cat in one room. Nothing drives a cat crazier than a closed door when it knows there is activity on the other side.

If the cat is good with dogs, why lie? Was that a typo in your original post? If the cat is not good with dogs please believe that description and don't put your daughter or the cat through that. There are plenty of adoptable cats out there who ARE good with dogs. That way, the cat can really be a part of the family and you wouldn't have to keep it separate from the rest of the house.

This all happened the way it was meant to be.

If it said no dogs, then for the sake of the cat there should be no dogs. Just knowing the dogs were in the house could stress the cat out further. Plus, when DD goes to college in a couple years, what happens to the cat who lives in the apartment (away from the household) because the dogs are in the house? I don't think this is the best choice of cat here. Think of the welfare/future of the cat.

I'm sure the perfect choice will find you.

I know it's a large studio, but please don't keep a cat in one room. Nothing drives a cat crazier than a closed door when it knows there is activity on the other side.

THIS!

We have two cats and one beta fish. Fish is in DS's room which the cats normally have full access to and they don't ever bother with the fish... UNTIL DS closes his bedroom door to clean the fish tank. They could be in the deepest sleep but they're right. at. that. door as soon as he closes it!

OP - I do understand now why the untruth. But these adoption agencies are very vigilant with making sure their charges go to a purrrrfect (LOL) forever home. Keep searching - there's another kitty out there waiting for you and your DD to find him/her. One who gets along with dogs and will snuggle your DD to pieces! Best of luck. :goodvibes

I would call and explain the situation, including your Daughters problems and how she bonded with the cat. I would also include the fact that the cat will be in a separate apartment from the main house. I would also say that your DD will not be moving away and will be living in this apartment. I would say you do have the dogs that will be living in the main house and your vet will say that you are good owners.

some rescues are reasonable and some are pains in the butt.

If it is an adult cat and if they have as much problem adopting out adult cats where you live as they do here they may be willing to play ball. I would suggest that you would be willing to try a trial period and they could assess it after it has been with you for a certain period.

Good luck, a cat can live in a small apartment/studio apt very nicely.

It's getting to be kitten season. Talk to your vet and let them know you are interested in getting a cat. Most vets get more requests to help stray kittens than they can handle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter