• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I want a magical Christmas! Can you help!?

QuiltTeddy said:
Thanks. I wouldn't have thought of that. I forgot that it was an "outside" thing. Is it just bleacher seating?
Yes, at the America Gardens Theatre, an outdoor stage and amphitheater.

Shellybird said:
Great idea on taking decorations. Here's a dumb question: I guess I need to pack my own hammer and nails if I want to hang lights, huh? How do others do it?
I would not suggest using any method that might damage the room. We have used duct tape with no problems. Also, don't forget an extension cord. ;)

Thanks for the duct tape tip! My H would have thought of that, but he's out of town right now, but I know he thinks duct tape is greatest thing since sliced bread!

Michelle :Pinkbounc

Shellybird said:
Carol1231 -- You're at VWL the same time?? Cool! Maybe we could meet and have some hot chocolate. The only other DVC members we know (in person) are our friends who live across the street.

We will be staying at BWV (didn't have enough VWL pts to book at 11 mos), but are planning to visit VWL to see the decs.

Who'd of thought... Hot chocolate in Fla.

We have a trip coming up in 10 more days :Pinkbounc .... And I think I am Just as excited thinking about the upcoming holiday trip.

carol1231 said:
Who'd of thought... Hot chocolate in Fla.
Disney actually sells cans of hot chocolate mix that turns different colors. I think I remember red, blue, and green.

poohj80 said:
Disney actually sells cans of hot chocolate mix that turns different colors. I think I remember red, blue, and green.
I was just joking.... I bought some Buzz Lightyear green one time to bring home to my DNiece.

I just don't think of Fla and hot chocolate, my idea is palm trees and pina coladas. :rolleyes1

chimera said:
OK everyone...Christmas with Bongo this year!!!!

We think of VWL for winter trips...just seems the most 'wintery' of the resorts. Definitely VWL for the decorations, though the chocolate carousel at BWV was pretty cool.

As an owner I have to point out that the chocolate carousel is at BC. :cheer2: It's my favorite Christmas "decoration"! BWI/BWV has the chocolate "village" and train set.

Early Dec is the only time we've ever gone, and we're not about to change!
We love all the activities mentioned above, though so far we've only caught "Father Christmas" at England in Epcot. Hopefully this year we can go to a couple more.

Last year DW did the Yuletide Fantasy Tour and really enjoyed it. She became an "expert" on the decorations at the various resorts. If you take this tour CarolMN, do it very early in your trip, before you visit the resorts!

Two questions: DH has a problem with his knee.

1. Is the theatre seating "bleacher" or "theatre seats"?

2. I'd love to do the Yuletide Tour...is that all walking or is there some transportation mixed in?

Thanks. :sunny:

QuiltTeddy said:
Two questions: DH has a problem with his knee.

2. I'd love to do the Yuletide Tour...is that all walking or is there some transportation mixed in?

Thanks. :sunny:

There is a lot of transportation involved. Apparently they take you to "Christmas Central" (my term) the warehouse where the decorations are prepared and stored, then to several of the resorts.

There are some reviews here. This tour runs long. DW left Epcot at 9:00 and was returned to Epcot at 1:15.

erikthewise said:
There is a lot of transportation involved. Apparently they take you to "Christmas Central" (my term) the warehouse where the decorations are prepared and stored.
I have a question about the tour for anyone who has done it...I would think going to the warehouse after all the decorations were out would not be too exciting because it would be a big empty warehouse. We went in there as part of the Backstage Magic tour when it was full and it was truly a sight to see!

Thank you to both who answered my two questions. Both were very helpful. I now know that DH can sit comfortably in the theatre and he'll have to make the decision on the tour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter