I will never book VGT again..

5c rooms are in a good location. You shouldn't be too forward or too aft.

Yes. I rather like aft locations and usually book aft. My only concern about the 5C is that there are so many that are very close to elevators. I always try to stay away from elevators. I have serious insomnia so have to be careful of noise. Thankfully I have a good small sound machine that is always packed in my carryon bag. :cutie:

after our last cruise on the Dream. We ended up with a cabin on Deck 10 forward (and we LOVE Deck 10 forward) but this time it was under Concierge on port side and it sounded like we had tap dancing elephants having a party. Every morning, afternoon and night.
And yes, we did mention it to GS who were very kind but really could not do much about it..evidently, no other room to move to AND it was VGT after all...you get what you get and you don't pitch a fit. :)
They did give us some lovely Sparkling cider, popcorn and a couple of rice krispie treats, which was very sweet and not necessary, but appreciated however.

Bottom line for me? No more GT cabins and I will pay more to choose what I want going forward.

Hi! Do you mind me asking what cabin number ... we are 10004 on the Fantasy and there's time for me to change .... I originally heard that 10004 was a quiet cabin because it has a cabin above and not the deck ... on other decks you always have a cabin above you ... could you ever figure out why? Is there wood floors in that concierge cabin? I'm wondering if 10006 is better? Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi! Do you mind me asking what cabin number ... we are 10004 on the Fantasy and there's time for me to change .... I originally heard that 10004 was a quiet cabin because it has a cabin above and not the deck ... on other decks you always have a cabin above you ... could you ever figure out why? Is there wood floors in that concierge cabin? I'm wondering if 10006 is better? Thanks!

I would try to change to starboard side on Deck 10 or if you have to stay port side go down a deck or two. The hallways in concierge are slightly wider, so I am pretty sure the running feet were because they were in the hallway running up and down.
The interior above my bed though sounded like folks were jumping up and down. I am not sure if there are wood floors up there, but even if there were...people jumping up and down or jumping off a bed would still make loud sounds. :) Sometimes it is all about your neighbors and one cannot assume that concierge families are quiet. lol So changing cabins might not make a difference as in our circumstance it was the people IN the cabin that were creating the noise.
But starboard side Deck 10 forward is under the Rainforest and is VERY quiet. This is usually our choice when we stay deck 10.

We booked VGT again for a 4 night Dream Cruise in May, and it worked out very well.

It was forward port side. It was convenient to adult area, elevators and WD theater. Would definitely get VGT again.

I would try to change to starboard side on Deck 10 or if you have to stay port side go down a deck or two. The hallways in concierge are slightly wider, so I am pretty sure the running feet were because they were in the hallway running up and down.
The interior above my bed though sounded like folks were jumping up and down. I am not sure if there are wood floors up there, but even if there were...people jumping up and down or jumping off a bed would still make loud sounds. :) Sometimes it is all about your neighbors and one cannot assume that concierge families are quiet. lol So changing cabins might not make a difference as in our circumstance it was the people IN the cabin that were creating the noise.
But starboard side Deck 10 forward is under the Rainforest and is VERY quiet. This is usually our choice when we stay deck 10.

Thank you! We do have to stay port side and deck 10 was our best choice. Hoping for quiet neighbors! Cheers!

We booked Vgt last November 2017 after Irma canceled our September cruise. We were given connecting rooms next to the officers navigational area 10500 and 10502. We were told they were under the spa. They were great and very quiet. We were happy with our assignment. We would do it again.

We have cruised on the Fantasy in room 10002 twice and my brother was in 10000. Both were perfect, no issues with sound, and I would certainly book it again.

I liked our rooms on our one VGT sailing. I rolled the dice booking a room w/ two and one for three for our family of 5 and they ended up being connecting. I knew they might not be and was prepared for that. I was thrilled when I found out they were connecting verandas on floor 5 w/ the extended balcony. What I didn't like was that we got late dining and they put us in a weird table location. Honestly we've been on 4 Disney Cruises now and this one was the worst table location by far in all the dining rooms. It made me feel like with a VGT booking you seem to just get the leftovers. Because of this I likely won't book VGT again, but for us room location was not the reason.

Bummer about all the noise but I hope you still enjoyed your cruise.

We have been assigned poor table locations 2xs in the dining room and we were not vgt. Definitely disappointing when that happens.

I liked our rooms on our one VGT sailing. I rolled the dice booking a room w/ two and one for three for our family of 5 and they ended up being connecting. I knew they might not be and was prepared for that. I was thrilled when I found out they were connecting verandas on floor 5 w/ the extended balcony. What I didn't like was that we got late dining and they put us in a weird table location. Honestly we've been on 4 Disney Cruises now and this one was the worst table location by far in all the dining rooms. It made me feel like with a VGT booking you seem to just get the leftovers. Because of this I likely won't book VGT again, but for us room location was not the reason.

I don't think being GT has anything to do with table assignments. It's the luck of the draw however you book, dependent on group size and the make-up of that dining rotation in particular.

I didn't even know there were good and bad tables. I sit, I drink, I eat , and I go. As long as the service is good why does it matter where you sit?

I didn't even know there were good and bad tables. I sit, I drink, I eat , and I go. As long as the service is good why does it matter where you sit?
The worst (for me) is sitting right behind the service station. We have also been seated with zero view of the screens in animators. No fun.

I strongly doubt this... I booked the May 21 Alaska sailing less than a week out, guaranteed inside. Roomlocation was fine (deck 2 midship/aft) and had a great table: solo as a I requested 5 i ended up having a friend that joined later on but that's a different story), right at the stage at Tianas and right where sorcerer Mickey dances at Animators...

The worst (for me) is sitting right behind the service station. We have also been seated with zero view of the screens in animators. No fun.
I really don't think it correlates to how you booked your room or how much you paid. I'm sure it's just the luck of the draw.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter