I Will NEVER Eat At _______ In WDW Again!!

Brown Derby! My family went there twice before our truly ghastly experience. The first time was when I was ten years old, and I can't remember the experience, but I'm sure I ate something off of the children's menu. The next time, I had lamb, and it was just alright. Honestly, I think that time was simply a matter of my selection rather than the quality; my mom LOVED her meal. I tried her dessert and it was fabulous. The third time was our "never again" experience. Their strikeouts included cold food, poor service, lack of communication amongst the staff, a bone in my dad's food, and -wait for it- a rat in the restaurant! If everything else had happened other than the rat, I would absolutely give them another shot, but.... eeek! :eek:

I'm gonna agree with you on this one. Horrible horrible service, rude waitress, and cold food. Luckily, no rat! That's just gross. Where did you see the rat?

We may be the only people alive who have good experiences at H&V, but we do. For DHS, I enjoy the food area across from TOT -- the pulled pork sandwich is a fav -- as well as sandwiches and pastry at Starring Rolls or the Bookstore. The rest of CS there is appalling. In MK, we only go to Columbia Harbor House and Cosmic Rays. I can always find something good at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot, or in the bakerys in France and Norway.

I thought Yak and Yeti, both CS and TS, was horrible! We weren't impressed with The Wave, either.

Crystal Palace. Waited 45 minutes outside in 100 degree weather with an ADR. Restaurant (dinner) was filthy. The ground under our table was full of food. Buffet picked over and not replenished. I am NOT at all picky, but this place was disgusting.

I would have to say "Tony's Town Square", food was not too exciting and our server was not friendly, nor looked like she wanted to be there.

Crystal Palace breakfast buffet was not good either, food was cold and bland.

Fairfax @ DHS, ordering process was a joke and food was not worth the 30 minute wait.

I have a few on my list.

Tony's Town square
Garden Grill
Chef Mickey's
Wispering Canyon

Granted we haven't been to the first 3 in a quite awhile so they may have changed.
Wispering Canyon we've tried a few times and it was always a hit or miss. Last 2 times a miss , so that's crossed off our list.

Big River Grill & Brewing (gave them too many chances....have never had good food there)

H & V (also gave them three chances...yuck)

Boma (was totally underwhelming)

Marrakesh! Eek. Went for dinner on my last trip. Service was just ok, that I can generally forgive as everyone has a bad day. But the food was gummy, lukewarm, and overall not tasty. Don't think we will be returning. :sad2:

We probably won't return to Coral Reef. The food wasn't bad but wasn't great either. I guess you are paying for the atmosphere.

Crystal Palace. We had lunch there on our last trip, waited forever to get in with an ADR, the food was blah and we only saw 2 characters. Not worth it.

Tony's Town Square - just bland and not even close to good.
Prime Time Café - I feel like most of the food served here is stuff I cook on a regular basis and mine tastes 10x better.
O'hana for breakfast
Coral Reef - it just wasn't worth the money

I don't really like to say "never" because things can always change but...

For me it would have to be Whispering Canyon Cafe. The food was pretty bad and the antics were not amusing to us after the first 10 minutes. There's just no reason to ever go back. If we were trapped in WL in the midst of a hurricane or blizzard, I'd rather purchase food from Roaring Fork (which is pretty yummy) than eat at WCC.

For DH it would be Yak & Yeti. We found a tip of a latex glove in our food (it ended up in someone's mouth) and they did nothing to compensate for the trauma (and choking hazard or potential disease vector). This was many years ago; I personally have forgiven this and would like to give them another chance, but DH still gags when he walks by the place or even thinks of it.

That is disgusting!!!!!:eek:

Oh yeah... It makes me want to wash my hands compulsively just thinking about it. :crazy2:

I'm gonna agree with you on this one. Horrible horrible service, rude waitress, and cold food. Luckily, no rat! That's just gross. Where did you see the rat?

We did not see the rats ourselves, as it was underneath the booth behind us. Albeit, we didn't stick around to either. We were seated in the center of the restaurant near the far end of the room when you walk in, and found out from a table next to us. They later told us (while we both waited to see the manager) that they didn't want to create a scene, so they were fairly composed. We never would have guessed that anything like that was going on. They spotted the rat first, and wanted it to be taken care of quietly. Nothing was done before it was spotted about twenty minutes later by a very large party of young ladies across the room.... Who started screaming when they saw it. We were then told by the table next to us the the rat was headed towards our table. Oh brother! :faint:

Akershus :crazy2: We had to leave right after the Expensive meal for me and my DD 11 and find a CS, We were starving.

We have 3 on our list (and our 6 and 8 year old girls are in agreement).

Tied for 1st: Hollywood & Vine and Chef Icky's (er, um, Mickey's) ;)

Both of those experiences included dirty restaurant and buffet areas...I actually had someone's partially eaten brownie? wrapped into the napkin holding my silverware at Chef Mickeys. Imagine unwrapping that magical gift! :sick:
Both also included poor service, where we got no drink refills and had to wait excessive times for our check, when all we wanted to do was LEAVE. We gave Chef Mickeys 3 shots to turn it around, and they failed miserably.

Our other one is Akershus....my meatballs were cold (partially frozen) inside. DH said his chicken was bland (and he likes his food bland!) and our girls said their hot dogs were inedible. Up to that point, they had never met a hot dog they didn't like. :rotfl2:

I would love to say Sci Fi--have eaten there 3 times and have yet to have anything I would describe as "good" (except the Oreo shake!). My kids love it, though, so it is still on our rotation.

The Plaza Restaurant. We have a server with racial issues (I'm hispanic). I got in the restaurant before my husband did and the server was plain rude with me because I did not order right away (please, allow my son and I take a look in the menu first) my husband came in around 1 minute later and hear and saw everything when he asked if something was wrong the server was so surprised DH was white (I mean you could see it on her face) she chanced her actitud and was over the top nice (with him)... it was so disgusting I could not eat, the only reason we stayed in there was because our son was hungry. But never ever. And yes, not tip.

Pecos Bills. Everyone else raves about the place, and we were so disappointed. The food was bland and lukewarm, and just typically unappealing. I have eaten some really decent meals in all four parks, and PB was by far the worst.

You are rigth, Pecos used to be one of our favorites. But after our last trip we found the same issues with the food and now is a never ever.

Mamma Melrose...terrible food...even worse service...we waited over an hour even with an ADR

:( Rose & Crown is mine....Mrs. Pauls and Ore Ida have my vote for tasting better. Once and one time only for us. DH asks if I want fish and chips every time we pass it...

MIL did not want a redo of Biergarten, while it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I am not a sausage girl. She and DH did not like having company at the table.

My parents didn't care for WCC--Daddy liked the BBQ at HDDR better.

I can't believe Remy left Chefs for the Derby. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter