Ice Cream

Which ice cream rules?

• Häagen Dazs

Votes: 23 53.5%
  • Ben and Jerries

Votes: 20 46.5%

• Total voters
I'm not sure I've had either brand. I may have had Ben and Jerry's once because so many raved about it and I lived in Massachusetts, but it wasn't worth the sky high price. Now that I'm in Texas, give me some HEB ice cream-it's more in my price range.

I'm not sure I've had either brand. I may have had Ben and Jerry's once because so many raved about it and I lived in Massachusetts, but it wasn't worth the sky high price. Now that I'm in Texas, give me some HEB ice cream-it's more in my price range.
Ice cream in general is priced so high right now. I can remember three years ago I could get two half gallons of our exceptional store brand for $7 and now it’s two for $10, basically a dollar per year increase. I am glad our store brand is so good because brand names cut the quantity to a quart and a half and their prices are higher.

Well between those two I would pick Ben and Jerry's but given the choice I would go with Jeni's over either one of those. Its pricey between $7.50 and $8.50 a pint but that last us a good while. Stuff is fabulous. Couple of the ones I like. Not as sweet as you would think.

1715087816410.png1715087930378.png

Well Biden loves his ice cream, so did his demand drive up the prices?

Joking aside, I have a local creamery that has a brown butter bourbon flavor that is incredible! I try and limit my visits due to how much sugar is in ice cream, but it’s pretty craveable.

Well Biden loves his ice cream, so did his demand drive up the prices?

Joking aside, I have a local creamery that has a brown butter bourbon flavor that is incredible! I try and limit my visits due to how much sugar is in ice cream, but it’s pretty craveable.
Yep I try to watch the sugar as well. Thats why I am glad this stuff comes in just pints. I do like the no sugar added Klondike bars. Seems like they only have like 6 grams of sugar

I like both, but tend to buy whatever is on sale since the pricing for both of these brands is ridiculous. It is close to $6 a pint most places I shop.

I like both, but tend to buy whatever is on sale since the pricing for both of these brands is ridiculous. It is close to $6 a pint most places I shop.
Yeah, I never ever buy it full price. My local grocery stores pretty often have one or the other on sale for $2.50-$3 a pint (and sometimes there's mfg coupons on top of that), that's when I buy a couple.

I'm more of a standard flavours guy so it would be Haagen Dazs over Ben and Jerry's. Both are delicious though.

And with that said, I do like Kawartha Dairy's Moose Tracks flavour (small company based in Bobcageyon, Ontario).

Last edited:
Of those two, Ben and Jerry's. I find their flavors to be more interesting.

My favorite ice cream isn't an ice cream at all. It's frozen custard which is a Wisconsin staple. I love Kopp's in Milwaukee, but I it's about an hour away. I settle for Michael's Frozen Custard for a nearby fix and Culver's in a pinch.

HEB has good ice cream and nice seasonal flavors. Of course, everyone I know thinks we're crazy that we're not in the "Bluebell or nothing" crowd.

Out of the two, I picked Ben & Jerry's because their flavors are more interesting. I tend to prefer ice cream with "stuff." The rare exceptions to that are huckleberry ice cream out west and pumpkin ice cream around the holidays. Dreyer's/Edy's Slow Churned is my favorite...and sometimes Kroger's store brand is the slow churned stuff. It's a bit lighter than the normal ice cream but still has a number of flavors with "stuff."

I picked one of the two since I was forced. But truth be known, I would rather have a DQ Blizzard than the fancy hard-packed.

I prefer Haagen Daz. I like the richness of their Double Belgium Chocolate Chip. But I do enjoy the hard to find Chubby Hubby from Ben & Jerry's.

But you know I am ditching both of those for the hometown favorite, Graeter's Ice Cream.

Well between those two I would pick Ben and Jerry's but given the choice I would go with Jeni's over either one of those. Its pricey between $7.50 and $8.50 a pint but that last us a good while. Stuff is fabulous. Couple of the ones I like. Not as sweet as you would think.

View attachment 857595View attachment 857596
Ooooh, our competition up the road. ;) One thing is for sure, Ohio knows how to do ice cream.

For a pint, I get Halo Top, Vanilla. I add melted PB and some crushed nuts at home.

Of those two, it depends if I want unique or not flavors.

Chunky monkey and Cherry Garcia are top tier.

Ben and Jerry's, for all the different flavors. Usually when I get Haagen Dazs it's the ice cream bars.

Either way I only get them if they are on sale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter