Idea for APs and Reservation system

Mystify

Coast to Coast Disney Nut
I was considering an idea which might work for Disney‘s APs and how the reservation system Works for them. Disney loves the reservation system because it allows them to know the potential amount of customers for each day which helps its staffing and supply demands. Customers hate the park reservation system because it takes away spontaneity and people who work can’t necessarily plan their work schedule to know days off in order to be able schedule a park reservation a month out. So, I was thinking that possibly they should offer an Add On to the AP ticket that allows a no reservation option. Yes, it will cost more but, you don’t have to buy it. You can still buy a pass with the park reservation system. If Disney prices it high enough it will limit the number of these type of passes or they could just put a limit on them. If Disney parks hopefully have room for a spontanious amount of APs that could visit a park without it putting stress on the park, ex; not over loading ride lines or supply chains and such, this could be a great answer for them. It’s revenue generating and allows certain individuals to spend more and get the no park reservation option. I think it is possible for Disneyworld because 4 parks can spread out the non reservation AP Numbers, some one would need to crank some numbers to see if it would work at Disneyland. Just thinking out loud since, I hate the park reservation system and in actuality it is taking my love for Disney away. Which saddens me greatly.

Just buy a single day ticket. Apparently new single day tickets won't require date reservation.

If they are really going to make the changes to the parks reservation system that I've been reading about, they could at least make it so APs who are staying at a WDW resort wouldn't have to make park reservations.

Just buy a single day ticket. Apparently new single day tickets won't require date reservation.
Doesn’t that defeat the idea of an Annual Pass. But Maybe that’s what Disney wants to do. It’s funny when the recession hits next year they’ll be very happy that their APs are there and spending money because the family vacationers will slow down coming because of the economy. I saw this happen at Disneyland years ago. They needed those APs when the family’s stopped coming. It’s just seems like a one way street with Disney. They have forgotten a certain consumer. It feels like when things are good they kick us to the curb. What happens when things get bad? Will they want us back again? I am saying it again, why upset your most loyal customers? We spend money there, we spread the word to family and friends about how great it is to go to Disney, We create blogs and message boards which gives them great PR. I’m just sitting here scratching my head as to why they think we are not valuable.

Doesn’t that defeat the idea of an Annual Pass. But Maybe that’s what Disney wants to do. It’s funny when the recession hits next year they’ll be very happy that their APs are there and spending money because the family vacationers will slow down coming because of the economy. I saw this happen at Disneyland years ago. They needed those APs when the family’s stopped coming. It’s just seems like a one way street with Disney. They have forgotten a certain consumer. It feels like when things are good they kick us to the curb. What happens when things get bad? Will they want us back again? I am saying it again, why upset your most loyal customers? We spend money there, we spread the word to family and friends about how great it is to go to Disney, We create blogs and message boards which gives them great PR. I’m just sitting here scratching my head as to why they think we are not valuable.
They'll let you know when they need you again.

So, I was thinking that possibly they should offer an Add On to the AP ticket that allows a no reservation option.
Never say never but I think there's a reason they did not have an add on for APs for Genie+ when they introduced it like they did with MaxPass at DL. I think there's also a reason Flex add on to date-based tickets didn't last long. Disney also hasn't been that good lately at being able to predict well enough just how many people should be able to buy whatever. Adding APs to the mix of park reservations when they already have issues with Genie+ seems like a lot more convolution than they want. But again never say never.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter