Ideas to recreate Disney visit while we stay at home?

DianaMB333

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Hi.. we had a trip scheduled to WDW in Sept but we preferred to postpone it until next year... however now a very disappointed 5 yr old is missing Disney so much that we would like to recreate some of the experience at home..
Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi.. we had a trip scheduled to WDW in Sept but we preferred to postpone it until next year... however now a very disappointed 5 yr old is missing Disney so much that we would like to recreate some of the experience at home..
Any ideas?

Thanks
You can search for POV (point of view) videos online for rides in WDW. Many choices. Pull them up on your phone and screen share them to your TV. Big screen experience is fairly good! Can also do that to take full resort tours where you were going to stay.

Awww I feel for you, kid. Here are my ideas:
  • I second putting ride POVs on the TV and watching ride-throughs of your faves.
  • Also recreate your favorite snacks! (Mickey ice cream bars, popcorn, etc.)
  • Watch your favorite Disney movies, sing along to the songs
  • Find a really long line to stand in in the heat if you're missing that part of it 😂
  • Let your kid wear their ears around the house.
  • Make your own "night time spectacular" in the backyard with sparklers.
  • If you have a pool, buy some really over-the-top fun floats or backyard toys from Target and create your own mini water park.
  • Get on a Zoom meeting and change the background image to the castle.
  • Disney-bound at home with costumes and outfits inspired by your favorite characters.
  • If they have any Disney character stuffed animals, make your own parade route through the living room
  • Make a count-down calendar to your rescheduled trip date and decorate it with Disney stuff

Did you happen to save any old brochures? It would be fun to study the map and talk about walking down Main Street . Bonus education to understand maps. And talking about memories. You could make a pretend map planning itinerary for future trip since the MK is a straight walk down Main Street with circle hubs .
How about a Welcome To Our Disney Home banner and draw basic Castle On big poster board and basic Mickey face to play a version of pin tale on donkey gamE . Remember to wear the bandana and a spin and see where Mickey ends up I would use scotch tape and not an actual pin. . If you are really artistic you could make more characters to stick on the Castle.
Do you remember the Mickey pancakes (3circles) with 2 raisin eyes and half cut cherry nose and a pineapple circle slice( canned) cut in half for the smile. Then a dusting of powdered sugar on Mickeys ears... You could make pancakes and child could help to make the face. Powdered sugar in a flour sifter is irresistible!
Mickey shaped sandwiches...
How about a simple white tshirt and those crayons that are for fabric to design a personalized Disney 2020 trip with child’s name and a saying like Mickey Visited Me this year...
It would be tempting to fill a room with Xmas lights and play the Mannheim Steamroller Xmas music to have a pretend Osborne Spectacle of lights. The. bathroom would be a funny room to use because the mirrors would add to the feeling of more lights plus the shower rod to hang the lights. If you have a spare bathroom or closet or hallway too!

Last edited:
Mickey shaped food!

Shop Disney sells a Mickey waffle maker that looks a lot like the ones from the park. You can buy Carbons golden malted mix, which is supposedly what they use in the parks.

Some supermarkets sell the Mickey shaped ice cream bars. They’re not as yummy as the ones in the park, but they are very festive!

I also cut Mickey shaped fruit (like watermelon slices) with a Mickey shaped cookie cutter.

Have fun with it! I’ve seen a one really cool ride recreations on You Tube as others have mentioned.

Awww I feel for you, kid. Here are my ideas:
  • I second putting ride POVs on the TV and watching ride-throughs of your faves.
  • Also recreate your favorite snacks! (Mickey ice cream bars, popcorn, etc.)
  • Watch your favorite Disney movies, sing along to the songs
  • Find a really long line to stand in in the heat if you're missing that part of it 😂
  • Let your kid wear their ears around the house.
  • Make your own "night time spectacular" in the backyard with sparklers.
  • If you have a pool, buy some really over-the-top fun floats or backyard toys from Target and create your own mini water park.
  • Get on a Zoom meeting and change the background image to the castle.
  • Disney-bound at home with costumes and outfits inspired by your favorite characters.
  • If they have any Disney character stuffed animals, make your own parade route through the living room
  • Make a count-down calendar to your rescheduled trip date and decorate it with Disney stuff
Love them! Thanks..

Oh also You Tube has lots of Disney Parks music loops. Some of my favorites:
- WDW Today from the tvs in the hotel rooms
- Entrance loop to Disneyland
- Entrance loop to Magic Kingdom
- Main Streen USA music loop

You can also find 4k recordings of the fireworks shows!

Socal 360 do the best POV videos, none of that pointing camera at self and yackety yack, I recommend the videos they do from all the world's Disney parks, not just WDW.

Find a site with Disney Park recipes and do them at home.

Stream the videos of the resort channels you can watch in the rooms. You'll find them on YouTube too.

Right now there is a sale on plushes. You could possibly buy a bunch of characters and pretend the whole disney crew has come to play and meet him?

My kids still 3 so not exactly sure how much they are still fooled hahah.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter