IF I end up buying DVC....should I go thru Disney or resale?

Richyams, they can't increase the point values, just switch them areound a bit.

Rich is referring to the new resorts having a point schedule whereby all nights are (significantly) more expensive than at the other DVC resorts. This would not violate any rules or anything. This would have the effect of increasing the demand for resorts where the per night point cost was not as high.

IF I decide to buy from Disney (rather than resale)---must I wait until the BC villas come up for sale; or does Disney have any resales (BWV) available?

DEB

Right now you can buy VB, HHI or VWL directly from Disney. OKW and BWV are only available by resale. If you want a home resort in the Boardwalk area, you'll have to wait for BCV or buy a BWV resale.

Disney has no resales.

The only way to buy BWV or OKW is through resale. There are several resale companies mentioned often. We have never really heard of a bad experience.

There is really no reason at all to buy from Disney. The only possible reason is to get BCV when it opens. There is some benefit to their financing if you would have a problem elswhere. There is no difference at all in your points or membership. The only real difference is that you would have paid less and possibly own at a resort that they no longer have available.

OKW is probably the best choice, at least it was and still is for us. OKW is only available through resale. There is a very actie resale market.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter