If I have to turn 40, I have to do it at Disneyland!!

Glad I found your report, it always seems that I come in at the last minute. It was great to read. I always love to hear WDW vets who have a good time at our "little park". I must say I never get tired of it!

On your comments on Fantasmic! The one thing I love about ours is that it comes out of nothing...the Imagineers were not given time, budget or a lot of resources to come up with something back when the Tomorrowland rehab was going on, so they were told, "We need something this Summer to bring people in." Not sure how much time they had, but it wasn't a lot.

They used the existing Tom Sawyer Rafts, the Columbia and the Mark Twain, and the water projections to pull together something like no one had seen back then, it was almost 20 years ago! I love that by day guests are walking through there and by night it's transformed into a viewing area. It just springs out of nowhere and when it's done everything is just as it was.

Thanks for a great review!

Glad you enjoyed the review. :flower3:I am sure it won't be my last one for Disneyland. I will miss having everything close together on my next trip. I will certainly miss Space Mountain and the Blue Bayou. It was nice to see where it all started.

I see your point about Fantasmic. The boats are amazing. I just like the Fantasmic theatre (granted when F! is not on, it is not being used).

Just curious..what was the Tomorrowland refurb? I have an idea that would have made it better. I found Astro Orbiter in the way of the entrance. I like where it is located at WDW better (not so in the way).

Wow Elizabeth, DL looks amazing. You really have me wanting to visit now!

That garlic bread at Ralph's looks amazing. Of all the food, that stood out to me the most...can you tell I'm in to carbs? :rotfl:

Just curious..what was the Tomorrowland refurb? I have an idea that would have made it better. I found Astro Orbiter in the way of the entrance. I like where it is located at WDW better (not so in the way).

Tomorrowland was built in the 50s/60s so by the late 90s, it was looking a little outdated. Current day life had become more modern than Tomorrowland so they rehabbed it to reflect a "Jules Verne" tomorrowland since they realized they could not keep up with advancing technology.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter