• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If raining, what rides close at AK?

SueSue

Mouseketeer
I'm still debating whether to do AK at rope drop or late afternoon in July. One poster mentioned that afternoon rain may limit what we can do. We want to do the safari, EE, Dinosaur, PW, FotLK and maybe KRR.

I know Dino is inside and FotLK is covered, but what about the others? Do they shut down in rain?:confused:

Thanks!

That may have been my post. It's not rain as much as a thunderstorm- which is pretty common at WDW in the summer.

In thunder all the animal attractions close, Kali, EE, Primeval Whirl, the bird show, and I think Triceratops Spin, and the Boneyard (not sure).

The indoor shows still go on, but you still have to wait outside for them- and they get popular.

When planning summer trips, I try to make my AK day flexible- er, swappable- with at least one other day. Simply put that means two days where I have our TS dinner booked at a resort that's convenient - like our home resort. We nealry alsways do on TS dinner each day. If you are QS eaters, than swapping is even easier.

It's also very easy to park hop if you have hopper passes.

Even with that, often the thunderstorms don't happen until 3pm+, it's possible to cover all the biggies at AK by 3pm.

Kali is kind of fun in the rain. The only part that's not fun is if you hop on the bus back to your resort soaking wet. (leaving right after Kali)

I can attest that EE is not fun in the rain. Constant rain pellets hitting you in the face.:headache:

I've been on the safari in the rain. It's pretty interesting because you get to see a lot more of the animals who are normally in the water, like the hippos, but then most of the other animals are sheltering! One down side was that the rain made the roads reeeeeeally muddy, and the safari vehicles ended getting quite badly backed up at the loading area and we were stuck there for quite a while. It's still open though, and worth a ride despite the rain!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter