If you are watching the coronation, are you team Camellia

I am team Camilla all the way.

I feel for Diana, she got a raw deal, they never should have gotten married to begin with. She was ill suited for Charles specifically and for a role in the royal family as a whole.

Camilla has been blamed for the breakdown of Charles and Diana's marriage and essentially vilified on this side of the pond but, really, none of that was her fault. The marriage was doomed from the start and it really should have been her marrying Charles in St Paul's Cathedral that day. Since marrying Charles she has proven to be a hardworking royal and a wonderful, supportive partner to the now king. She absolutely deserves to be crowned queen and all the trappings that go along with that.

I will be so thrilled to see that moment later on this evening when I get a chance to watch it.

I saw a documentary series a while back that explored a lot of these issues.

According to the historians and commentators interviewed for the documentary Diana was wholly unsuited for the role both educationally and tempermentally. She had mental health struggles stemming from abandonment issues caused by her mother abandoning the family and felt a compulsive need to feel loved 100% of the time which is absolutely not what happens as a member of the royal family. Added to that, one memorable quote said that while she wasn't stupid, "her mind was almost totally unblemished by education. Her sole distinction at school was winning an award for the best kept guinea pig." She was totally and completely unprepared for the role she was thrust into and even if Charles had tried to make an honest go of it from the beginning it was never going to work.

Later in the documentary one of her former private secretaries, I forget his name but he was working for her during the infamous Panaroma interview, and he said he was trying to guide her away from the self destructive tendancies she was displaying and coaching her to stop antagonizing the royal family and acting out the way she was and she apparently agreed with that advice and said she would tone it down as the Panorama cameras were being set up in the next room. He decided to quit the next day as he was clearly not doing any good in that position.

It was just sad all around and I really do think of all the main players involved Camilla is the most innocent.

I was a child when Diana married Charles and was enthralled by her and their wedding. I thought she was beautiful and I loved reading about her and seeing pictures of her. Having said that though, as an adult I am impressed by the enduring relationship between Charles and Camilla. In some ways, despite the tawdriness of the affair, theirs is truly a great love story. She should be queen.

....talk about a slap-in-the-face for Harry. He was seated apart from the rest of his family and was stuck behind Princess Anne's rather large red plume during the entire ceremony.

britains-prince-harry-duke-of-sussex-talks-to-britains-news-photo-1683367715.jpg

[...and he's probably thinking, "You're not gonna sit in front of me with that monstrosity on your head, are ya?"]

TELEMMGLPICT000334635448_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqulCRDSc-N8cPMDujWquNFa1UDbDdk-JPjedL466dDsg.jpeg

...oh NO she DI-in't! :rotfl2:

Last edited:
As a person, and as a working royal, there is a lot to like about Camilla, but it is tainted by how she got where she is. I would have more respect for both Charles and Camilla if they had divorced their spouses before embarking on an adulterous affair. I would feel the same way about any couple. It seems like it always causes more harm, especially to the children, when people cheat on their spouses before divorcing and then marry the person with whom they had the affair. When a person is in a public role, whether as a royal, politician, or a celebrity, I personally find it difficult to admire and respect them in that role because they are disrespecting their spouse and children. It makes me wonder what they are doing behind the scenes in their official role that could be deceitful or worse.

I agree it would have been better for everyone if they had simply married when they initially dated. However, many sources say she was more in love with Andrew Parker Bowles than she was with Charles at that time and that is why she married APB. I can’t fault her for that. It’s just too bad that she didn’t realize she wanted out of her marriage before Charles married Diana. It might have saved everyone involved a lot of pain if she had divorced at that point and then they could have been married at that point.

I do think Diana was ill equipped for the role, and at the same time, I feel like she just kept sabotaging herself as well. I believe she was intelligent enough to handle it, once she had some experience and had matured a bit (she was very young at the start, but appeared to have grown into the job), however, emotionally I think she was overwhelmed a lot of the time, all the way up to her death really. She allowed herself to be manipulated as well. I wouldn’t have cared how many tea towels had my picture on them, if I needed more time or wanted to call the wedding off, I would have. I wouldn’t have allowed people to guilt me into going through with it.

It is just a sad situation all the way around, and all three of them share the blame for their part in it. It could have all been handled so much better.

Charles said that she would never become queen. His first decision as King was to break his word. I think it's bad form.

If he had not made this promise I would have no issue with it. However I think the institution should be done. It's money that can be spent on better things. But what do I know I am from the USA. It's none of my business.

However as someone who is named Camilla I am happy that she was a mistress as I had a unique name until she became a wife and now queen. Lot's of little girls will be named Camilla.

Charles said that she would never become queen. His first decision as King was to break his word. I think it's bad form.

If he had not made this promise I would have no issue with it. However I think the institution should be done. It's money that can be spent on better things. But what do I know I am from the USA. It's none of my business.

However as someone who is named Camilla I am happy that she was a mistress as I had a unique name until she became a wife and now queen. Lot's of little girls will be named Camilla.
I wouldn't worry too much about Camilla becoming the new hot name.
They have been married 18 years. If the name was going to become uber popular it would have happened years ago.
Eta...I think it's a lovely name, by the way. Names that are a little traditional are cool to me.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter