if you could only bring 10 items...

Philadisney

<font color=blue>In the Name of Epcot<br><font col
Hi everyone - I will be going to WDW in march for four days (3 days at parks, last day relaxing at CS and downtown disney). it's just me and a friend, no kids. i am hoping to be able to bring all my necessary items in 2 carryon bags so i don't have to check luggage (i'm transferring flights in atlanta and am worried about my bags staying in georgia while i go on to orlando!). i have thought about fed exing a box down there but would rather not, i'd still have to bring it back somehow! so here's my question: if you were going on this trip and could only bring 10 items, what would you bring? i'm hoping to narrow it down to the necessities (knowing i'm going to want to cram in a souvenier or two as well)....thanks!!! (ps: i would count "clothing" as one item, no need to have "socks" & "shirts" & "swimsuit" and whatnot) :sunny:

Clothing

Camera

Toiletries

That's all I'd bring. Maybe a walkman/mp3 player/whatnot for the flight?

When are you going down?

looks like we'll be down there the same time as you! i live near Trenton NJ but i'm flying out of Newark!

Yup, looking at our countdowns you're 24 hours behind me! i don't know how i'm going to last the next 53 days... :Pinkbounc

some detergent tablets and softener sheets

2 shorts
1 pants or skirt
2 t-shirts
1 nice shirt

1 pair new balance shoes
1 pair nice shoes

if you get something dirty you have something to wear why you wash it.

1- Comfy shoes
2- Clothes for all weather
3- Toiletries/make-up
4- Digitial camera
5- Mini First Aid kit
6- Hat
7- Cell phone
8- Heavy duty sunblock
9- Spare contact lenses (although you may not have this)
10- Sunglasses

Of course, things like money, passes, driver's license, and health insurance cards are a given.

aha, bringing less clothes and washing them while there is a good idea, thanks!

We never check luggage. We always only take carry-on.

I'd say :

Clothing
extra sneakers
camera + accessories
toiletries
book
notebook + pen
email/snail mail addresses of friends and family
medication

That's it. We've never had a problem packing this in carry on. Anything we buy down there that does not fit in the carry on gets shipped home.

I would definitely bring...

1- COMFORTABLE SNEAKERS!! (or maybe you can wear them on the plane?)
2- sunglasses
3- camera
4- bag/purse to use in the park

and then a few t-shirts, jeans/shorts, toiletries/medication, sweatshirt (depending on time of year)...

Good luck- I always end up over packing, I'm really going to try and pack better for this trip (46 days!!)

Melissa

10 items, hmm?

I'm a bad overpacker, so I'm taking notes!

-clothing
-extra memory card for camera
-hat

-flip flops- good for pool use or traveling bedroom slippers- I've noticed especially when you stay offsite, some of the carpeting in the motels can be kind of grubby

-small backpack for carrying camera, waterbottle, wallet, sunscreen, etc, in the parks- much easier to have your hands free instead of juggling a purse

-toiletries including sunblock for face and body

-sunglasses and extra pair of disposable contacts- my hubby always manages to shed a lens every time we travel.

-travel chargers for cellphones and camera batteries

-handful of Ziploc baggies in various sizes- good for packing snacks, keeping sunblock bottles from leaking in your backpack, stowing wet items, keeping the camera dry if you hit a downpour, etc. If you get the big 2.5 gallon ones they work as cheap space bags-stuff them with clothes, zip partway shut, squeeze the air out. Keeps your stuff clean in the suitcase and if you get your bags checked by the TSA, you don't have to worry that some guy is pawing through your lingerie.

If you have room, I usually toss in a couple of plastic rain ponchos from the dollar store, too- they really saved the day on our last trip to Universal Studios.

Pretty much everything was covered above. However, if you want to leave space in your bags I would pack the regular clothes meaning jeans, shorts, swimwear, underwear and one tshirt and then purchase a few Tshirts there (great souvenirs that you know you'll wear at home). Otherwise, you can take after that commercial and wear all your clothes on the planeride down (of course that guy was waiting for his reward points for luggage) thereby leaving your luggage empty for all those souvenirs.

I travel light.

1) Clothes
2) Toiletries
3) Books for the pool
4-10) Money (Remember it's Disney so bring half the clothes and twice the money)

1. Clothes
2. Sunscreen
3. Toiletries
4. Hat
5. Sunglasses
6. Book
7. Camera
8. Cell phone
9. fanny pack
10. collapsible bag to pack the souvenirs!

My DH and I used to over pack, but we've learned over the years to pack lightly. We both take a 22" expandable carry-on that will fit in the overheard compartment, a camera case for camera gear, battery chargers for cameras and cell phone (this is DH's 2nd carry on bag) and then I usually have some sort of tote bag with books, medicines, etc. (my 2nd carry-on). This is usually for a week. We pack about 4 or 5 outfits each, an extra pair of shoes, toiletries, rain poncho for each of us, a backpack for the parks (carries camera gear, snacks, etc every day) and we each pack an extra collapsible tote bag in the bottom of each suitcase in case we've bought enough to need them on the way home. If we need the extra totes we check the luggage coming home (this is where the expandable comes in), if not we carry it on again. We have also shipped home packages with purchases. Less to carry home and then you get some surprises (not really) a few days after you get home to make it seem like the vacation is extended a bit. Hope this helps!! :wave2: :flower:

1. Clothing (Probably 2pr jeans, 1pr shorts, and a few tops. I always end up buying t-shirts while there, so that means less to pack!)
2. Comfy Shoes
3. Other comfy shoes
4. Digital Camera
5. Passporter
6. Cell phone & Charger
7. Toiletries & Makeup
8. Sunglasses & Extra sunglasses (I'm awful about losing mine)

I think that's it!

1. clothes
2. comfy shoes
3. bug spray
4. sun screen
5. digital camera/extra card/extra or rechargable batteries
6. sun glasses
7. toiletries
8. fannypack or neck wallet (for passes & money)
9. cell phone/charger
10. laundry tabs/softener

If you can't find laundry tabs, Target has a very small bottle of liquid Tide in their travel section for only .99 (does 4 loads).

I started packing this morning... this weekend is shot with the superbowl and kids activities, so I started packing for the kids trip to Grandma's while DH and I are off to WDW .... DH does think I over pack so these are great tips, maybe I'll have to look at it again before I leave!! :teacher:

This is a little embarassing, but I "practice pack" a couple of times before I leave on vacation, just so I know that everything fits in one rolling upright and one small backpack. In other words, I know in advance exactly how much I can get away with overpacking. It also helps me figure out if I need to replace clothing or refill travel sizes, but, yeah, it's mostly about testing the limits of my luggage.

Contrary to my earlier post, I could never get by with only ten items.

jenelope said:
This is a little embarassing, but I "practice pack" a couple of times before I leave on vacation, just so I know that everything fits in one rolling upright and one small backpack.

so do I! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter