If you focus on what you left behind, you will never be able to see what lies ahead

That bag is awesome! Is there something the bibs are covered in to protect them? That inside material is pretty cool too!
Thanks! I like the inside too, I am glad I went with it over a race shirt. It does have a protector over the bibs it says in the care instructions that it is a Thin, Durable, Matte Vinyl Protectant.

I love it! I especially like that you used bibs from the whole family. Turned out great!
I love that I was able to use their bibs too :) Thanks!

I'm so excited you got it in time for SWDS!
Me too!! I was worried for a minute that I wouldn't get in time because I really wanted you to see it :ewok:

Training update

We are officially 2 weeks out from the Darkside half!! And less than 9 day away from our epic mother/son trip. I have been busy making Minnie ears and talking to teachers about DS10 missing 4 days of school :scared: Not a fun conversation but everyone is more or less onboard. He has only missed 1 day all year so I think he will be fine. Here are my ears, I posted them on the Darkside thread too so my apologies if you're seeing them twice. I think I did pretty good at my first attempt.

These are mine. One for the 5k, Flower and Garden and one for HS ( the Darth Vaders glow in the dark!!)
FullSizeRender.jpg

and these are for @wehrengrizz
View attachment 230335
DD3 wanted to model them, even broke out the lipstick for the occasion

I have to finish the other 2 for @wehrengrizz and then I will be done.

Training has been going good this week. A cold front came through and I had a couple days that were just perfect. Here is the break down.

4/2- Stopped at a new running store and picked up some Tailwind (don't usually fuel for such a short run but I don't have much time to test out new fuel) for this run. Then DH and I headed to the trail along the river. The first .1 DH tripped on the curb and came down hard. He tried to take me with him but I was able to put my hands down to stop me. Luckily no one was around to see us, I'm sure it would have been hilarious. Even though DH had a bloody elbow, palm and knees he decided to just go on. Other than that mishap it was a good run and I liked using Tailwind. Goal: 6 miles @ 14:23. Actually splits: 14:50, 14:20, 14:51, 14:16, 14:26, 13:59.

4/3- 4 miles @ Easy A (15:52) actual splits: 15:23, 15:17, 15:18, 15:26. My hamstring/sciatica have been acting up so I threw in some pilates afterwards to stretch things out.

4/4- 4.5 miles broken down into .5 mile WU + 2 x 1.5 mile @ strength (12:42) w/ .5 mile RI + .5 mile CD This proved a little harder than usual. I didn't force myself to hit the goal pace because I felt like something was off, I just did the best I could. Splits were 14:44, 13:06, 14:27, 12:57, 8:02.

4/5- REST or as Garmin likes to tell me my lazy day. Seriously Garmin you don't need to send me an alert me that Wednesdays are my least active days :faint:

4/6- 5 miles broken down into 1 mile WU + 3.5 tempo (12:53) + .5 CD. Felt much better this day and had no problems hitting the tempo. Splits: 15:38, 12:48, 12:41, 12:35, 14:03. Also added Pilates.

4/7- 3 miles @ Easy A. Splits: 15:28, 15:18, 15:20

4/8- Kids had a one mile fun run in the morning. The local running club gives out prize money to the 3 schools with the most students attending the race. We had 2 sick kids so I took DS10 and DD5. They had a great time and I found out DD5 is super competitive.
View attachment 230339

I also found my new ride
chickenlimo.jpg

As for my run, it was a blind 5 miles @ Easy B (14:52) . Splits were 15:08, 14:26, 14:27, 14:08, 14:16. All in all I think those splits were pretty good and I am definitely improving on my blind runs.

I am heading out the door for a 10 miler now, hope everyone had a great weekend!

Last edited:

Making ears?? That is awesome and they look great!

How do you like tailwind? I feel like I could probably try something different than applesauce and keep hearing about it. Give us a review! (please :) )

Great job on your runs. Those ears are awesome!
Those flower ears are amazing and your model looks great!
Making ears?? That is awesome and they look great!

Thanks guys!!

How do you like tailwind? I feel like I could probably try something different than applesauce and keep hearing about it. Give us a review! (please :) )
I have only used it the one time so far so I will post a review after using it a couple more times. But so far so good :drinking:

OMG Chicken Limo! I don't know what it is, but I like it :)

Awesome ears and good luck on your 10 miler (although you probably already finished it.)

Awesome ears and good luck on your 10 miler (although you probably already finished it.)
Thanks!!!

That is hilarious! Wednesday is also my rest day and Garmin is kind enough to point out the same.
I also enjoy when my Garmin Vivo vibrates to tell me to move....after running the marathon.
YES!! Mine told me to move after the marathon too! Seriously Garmin I can't take one day off, I think it wants me to die :rotfl:

Your ears are amazing! Such a fun project!
Thank you :D It was fun and now my girls want some so I have at least two more to make.

One week from today I will be flying to Maryland for my goal race!! I am definitely feeling some nervous excitement. I think I have got all the logistics down. My cousin asked me to stay with her, which works out nicely since she is 15 minutes from the start. DD3 is flying up with me but she will be staying with my parents, they are about an hour away. I also put together my outfit (always a priority). I ordered a Run Maryland tank top from Another Mother Runner and I am going to pair it with my yellow sparkle skirt. I love the tank top. It is so comfortable to run in and they put a MD flag on a Black Eyed Susan!

MD outfit.jpg

In training news, I recovered quickly from Darkside. Probably the best I have ever felt after a half. Unfortunately the weather is starting to heat up and I am thinking I need to join the Y so I can have a babysitter and access to treadmills for the summer :scratchin

Here is how this week looks so far.

4/24- 3.5 miles @ Easy A pace. Actual paces were 15:58, 15:18, 15:16 & 7:40

4/25- 5.25 mile Strength Run broken into
0.5 WU + 6 x 0.5 Strength w/ 0.25 mile RI @ WU pace+ 0.5 CD
actual paces were 14:24, 13:41, 13:24, 13:39, 15:08, 4:43

4/26- REST!!

4/27- 5.5 mile Tempo run. This run was hot. Like ridiculously hot. I didn't even start this run until after 7pm because it felt like an oven outside. I tried to take my water belt but it kept giving me a stitch. DH was nice enough to meet me and take my belt. I started to doubt if I could finish but after stopping for a minute I felt so much better. The paces became much easier.
Actual paces: 14:14, 12:37, 12:51, 12:41, 12:25 & 7:45.

Yay for the last "hard" run of the cycle!!

I can't believe how fast this training cycle has gone by and that it is time to start thinking about the fall. I have finally found a 10 miler in September, fingers crossed I can use it as an awesome POT for Marathon ::yes::

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Wait a second?!!!!! Are you running the Frederick half next Sunday???? I live 20 minutes from the start. I know your parents are near me so I vaguely remember talking about this! I really want to run next week....it's going to be perfect weather!!!

Wait a second?!!!!! Are you running the Frederick half next Sunday???? I live 20 minutes from the start. I know your parents are near me so I vaguely remember talking about this! I really want to run next week....it's going to be perfect weather!!!
I sure am, that is too funny! I haven't even looked at the weather yet so that is good to hear, I am just hoping the hills don't slow me down too much. Are you thinking about running it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter