If you Rode Forbidden Journey...POST HERE! :) (Spoilers)

sportzboy698

Mouseketeer
I'm just wondering what the ride is actually like? I figured ome of us who may not be able to ride it for while would like a first-hand account of the ride and queue.

So far, I've heard rumors that it's a more intense Simpsons ride but nothing more...i hope this is not the case..

A friend is there now, was allowed in as staying onsite, but he posted about 1 hour ago, that FJ is down:sad2:

A friend is there now, was allowed in as staying onsite, but he posted about 1 hour ago, that FJ is down:sad2:

Weird. I thought the area was only open until 10. Maybe he just meant that it is closed, not down.

just checked message, he definetly said it was down, but could be that they did close it, he is still in WWHP , he said loads of people where complaining, but i would think this is like soft openings ,where they try to get everything working right for grand opening, or maybe i am wrong

They had said when we were there this morning they might open it up to guests at 12. Since we rode it this morning we didn't go back. It wasn't running when we first got there this morning.

If you have done Sum of All Thrills at Epcot the ride vehicle is something like that on a continously moving walkway. Intense is how I would sum up the ride.

I would suggest not eating before doing FJ!!!

They had said when we were there this morning they might open it up to guests at 12. Since we rode it this morning we didn't go back. It wasn't running when we first got there this morning.

If you have done Sum of All Thrills at Epcot the ride vehicle is something like that on a continously moving walkway. Intense is how I would sum up the ride.

I would suggest not eating before doing FJ!!!

We would love it if you would give us a detailed description of the ride. I love it that you said it is intense. Intense is awesome.

We would love it if you would give us a detailed description of the ride. I love it that you said it is intense. Intense is awesome.

Yes, agreed. This is a Spoiler thread so please feel free to tell us EVERYTHING!!! Every scene, every drop, every spin. We want to know it all. ;) :thumbsup2

I would love to hear more too!

On another site, someone said it was combining Space Mt's intensity, Soarin' ride design, and Spiderman's special effects. For those who did ride it, would you say that is correct?

Seriously? Not one of you can come on here and tell us anything? PLEASE I need a fix. The info that came out so far today hasn't been enough for my Potterholism. I went through 300 posts on Orlando United and have been searching here too and nobody legitimate is talking. Just a little blurb in an Orlando news report about a dementor being close enough to touch and spiders falling. That's not enough!!!!!

Please, please, pretty please with frozen butterbeer on top? :worship: (I can't find a begging smilie) :lmao:

Seriously? Not one of you can come on here and tell us anything? PLEASE I need a fix. The info that came out so far today hasn't been enough for my Potterholism. I went through 300 posts on Orlando United and have been searching here too and nobody legitimate is talking. Just a little blurb in an Orlando news report about a dementor being close enough to touch and spiders falling. That's not enough!!!!!

Please, please, pretty please with frozen butterbeer on top? :worship: (I can't find a begging smilie) :lmao:

Spiders falling? Could you elaborate please, DS is a SEVERE arachnaphobic, fake creatures or not...I would need to warn him of this portion.

Spiders falling? Could you elaborate please, DS is a SEVERE arachnaphobic, fake creatures or not...I would need to warn him of this portion.

Found this on Orlando United, no mention where it came from, what news agency, etc.

ORLANDO — Fifteen-year-old Colleen Kelley strutted into a throng of theme-park guests and struck a pose in her new Slytherin robe and matching wand. The Fort Lauderdale teen had just exited the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando's Islands of Adventure.

She was among the first members of the public to experience the new attraction, which had a two-hour preview Friday morning for customer who purchased a special Harry Potter package at Universal Orlando Resort hotels.

"We researched it for months in advance because I'm a huge Potter fan," Kelley said. "It's my birthday present, and it's the greatest present of my life."

Kelley and other preview participants experienced the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey ride that's housed in the signature Hogwarts castle. Once onboard, passengers virtually fly along with the Potter character through various adventures and encounters with Dementors, dragons and a Quidditch match.

"You go through and see all the characters," said Laney Rauch from Augusta, Ga. "Spiders fall and skulls pop out of you. The Dementors are so close to you it's like you can almost feel them next to you."

Rauch, visiting with five family members, ranks Forbidden Journey higher than Islands of Adventure's Spider-Man ride.

"It's so much better. It's the best ride I've ever been on in my life," she said. "It's just so much more real." Passengers estimated the ride to be four minutes long, and there were reports of the sound system malfunctioning on some seats.

Brigid Flood of Tampa and Melissa White of Orlando made hotel reservations at a Universal hotel with the hopes of getting in Friday. They were not disappointed because they received a letter of instructions upon check-in.

Inside Wizarding World, they purchased Hogwarts lanyards plus three rounds of frozen butterbeer in souvenir mugs. (Butterbeer tab: $28). "I can't wait to go back in," Flood said.

But the waiting game continued for fans without hotel packages. Cody Meacham of St. Petersburg has spent parts of four days this week at Islands of Adventure, hoping for a public peek.

"I've waited a lot and been very disappointed several times," he said. "I'm getting kind of used to it. I drove over this morning not excited at all because I figured nothing will happen."

Meacham is a restaurant worker with a flexible schedule. He's been monitoring the progress online, particularly through a set of Twitter users camped outside the gate.

"I've Twittered way too much," he said.

Universal officials have not indicated when -- or if -- there would be advance previews for the public or annual passholders. The grand opening of the $200-million-plus Wizarding World is set for June 18.

Also, a not too spoilery report here: http://www.parade.com/celebrity/2010/05/bringing-the-world-of-harry-potter-to-life.html

alrighty then...gonna have to prepare DS for this..at 8 am no less!:eek:
thank you!

Do we know the height requirement?

must be 48" to ride. However, the really tall or really round guests may not fit. There is a test seat outside the entrance to make sure you'll fit. There is a chicken exit so you can still go thru the line and those that won't fit can exit just before boarding.

Here are some details from someone that rode FJ today:

first hint...get on line first and early...long long que prior to seeing the ride...pictures that talk to you...it is so impressive even prior to the ride...the ride is like soaring at ecpot, spiderman on steroids...stuff attacks you on screen and in huge props...it is a ride you will think is the best..you will feel like you are on a broomstick as you follow harry..he leads on this chase..dragons, spiders..saving a few surprises...now, the candy shop will make you go crazy..the butter beer was fun...dueling dragons the double coaster has a new que line..the ride is long, not some quick thing...you will laugh and scream..promise...it is worth the wait. park opens at 845..be on line by 8ish..and go there first and the ride first..do not have carry ons, they will make you put it in a locker

OK I read somewhere,maybe this thread,that there is a helmet kinda thing that goes over your head?
Is this correct?

OK I read somewhere,maybe this thread,that there is a helmet kinda thing that goes over your head?
Is this correct?

No. Someone said they saw that in the test seats but I don't see anything like it in the test seat pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter