If You See It: Eat It! Via Panama to Disneyland - Completed and Link to New Trip Report 2/24

It seems I am perpetually behind, and with all of your frequent updates, you don't make it easy to get caught back up. :scared: But finally, I have gotten all caught up. Some random comments, in no particular order.......

Death by dessert? With all of the great looking food, on top of the desserts, I would think it is more likely just death by eating.....and eating.....and eating! :faint: I think I would have needed much more than your mile walks around deck each evening, or I would be rolling down the gangplank when I get back.

Sorry you and Michael both started feeling bad. Glad it wasn't something that lingered.

The excursion with Cassandra looked like a lot of fun! And that was some really good pictures you got of the seals hanging on the back of the fishing boats.

All of the "behind the Imagineering" talks would be right up my alley! I love those type things.

You had some great pictures of the ship, and the sites you saw along the way and in port. So cool you caught that elusive Wal-Mart picture! :lmao:

I think I would also be interested in each time the ship departed from a port and hang out to watch it happen.

Oh, did I mention the desserts and food??? :thumbsup2

Just wondering how the time changes on the last 2 cruise days affected you as far eating and sleeping? Did you adjust to the new times or did you just do what felt right for you?

The cast off time was the real departure time, the all aboard time was the time we were told we had to be back on the ship. I guess if everyone was back early, we could cast off a little early.

I am guessing they do check to make sure everyone is on the ship before it leaves. :scared:

I really liked the Ooh La La. And Margaritas are always good, haven't found one I did not like!

Good to know. :goodvibes

You have to explain to me why the Prospector's dish and the onions are funny. I have no clue what made you laugh!

The whole "Stinky Pete" thing. :rotfl2: The end of Toy Story 2 had the Prospector in his box on the shelf. The do "outtakes" of sorts and well in this one " Stinky Pete" was Stinky....

BBB was great, I am sure I will make a point to have a casual dinner there (or at Cabanas on the other ships) at least once every cruise!

I will make a note....

:wave2:

I am completely with you on those fruit soups! delicious. The gift at the end of your cruise is pretty neat.

I am a little sad this TR is coming to an end, I have really enjoyed reading it. Looking forward to hearing about Disneyland :goodvibes

Yes, I am still excited about them!! And as Jill said, I had no idea that tags were still given out! :cool1:

There are folks on the Community Board constantly vying for tags. The Tag Fairy is everywhere, and one needs to be wary of things said on the boards.

Sad to have reached the last full day, but it sounds like you had a nice relaxing one. With two sit down meals at Triton's it's not surprising that you weren't hungry for a main dish. The "til we meet again" menu is one of ny least favorite.

You asked about the PV Walmart, we thought it was pretty similar to an American Walmart. We were mainly there for water and soda. We sailed Conceirge and were misled that complimentary soda and water were available, but that's evidently only on the Dream and the Fantasy.

I heard about the craziness in San Diego from Corinna's report and many who did the two day to nowhere cruise. I hope you get through everything with minimal hassle!

And I think you helped me to one of the tags - I think the pink one is a comment I made in reply to something you said...

The funny part is, I think I AM as old as you! :rotfl2::rotfl:

This was a lot of fun. For a last time Jimmy was fired by the Captain who called in again.

When you get fired from a cruise ship, do you get tossed overboard?

Which capital city is located on two continents. I think most Europeans would not have any difficulty with that answer as one of the continents is Europe.

Istanbul?:confused3

While we were hanging out at the pool there was an announcement that they had spotted whales! So we headed up to deck 10 to look and indeed, we saw whales. They were a bit off in the distance, but they were still really impressive! So, in one day, I had seen so far more animals than during the whole cruise before!!/
Excellent! Remind me to tell you my whale-watching story sometime.

It was a large printout to commemorate our cruise and on the back it had the daily information that I included at the beginning of each day about distances, weather and times. It was really nice to have! It was about the size of a double Navigator and obviously printed on board. It really is just a small thing, but to me, it was something really special, because it was so specific to just our cruise. I whish they would do something like that for every cruise!

Agreed! That's a great idea.

And then it was finally off to bed. We were both looking forward to heading to Disneyland the next day!

:cool1::woohoo:

He was once again not in love with desserts and we came to the conclusion that the dinner desserts really are not that great at DCL. They are rather univentive (especially when you are on a long cruise like ours) and they keep being the same think in variations. We both can be rather critical of food at WDW at times, but we both agreed that WDW restaurants have far better desserts than DCL.

I completely agree with your thoughts on this. We've had our share of desserts and sweets over our 12 trips to WDW and wish they would include customer favorites from WDW on the ships (dole whips, carrot cake cookie, and cupcakes just to name a few). We were just at F&W in September, and several of the desserts at the food booths were amazing...would love to have those again!

In regards to the magnet quality, while sometimes they aren't the greatest, we had a horrible time with all magnets a few weeks after you. Our room host told us they had applied at coating on all the doors not long before and with all the years of paint on the doors underneath that is why the magnets weren't working. People were complaining a lot because they had put so much work into making magnets. Literally ever time we shut out door the magnets went flying off.

Aw, so sad that the cruise is over but exciting that you were heading to Disneyland the next day! A trip to the parks always helps with the DCL withdrawal.

LOVED the trip report. Finally caught up with everything from October and beyond.

CO2 room - CO2 is used in fire fighting.

Magnets - I've also hear that there are certain doors on the Wonder that have been painted so many times that magnets won't hold.

Deserts - I totally agree. There are many gelatin based, and the lack of real cream toppings.

I'm SOOOO hoping that we'll get to do a galley tour next cruise. I've heard they've been halted at the moment.

I fell terribly behind but thought you might be happy about a comment from me today :good vibes

I very much liked this last excursion, but I'm also looking forward to the Disneyland part of your trip. I hope, you'll get it finished in time for our trip! Less then 200 days left… I hope we'll have the possibility for a Dining room breakfast as well.

After several years on these boards I finally understand all the talk about tag fairy. But I guess I could have asked before :)

I had no idea that it was possible at Las Chalets, that would have been a great excursion for us otherwise as well!

Cassandra was really a very sweet sea lion (if you can call a sea lion sweet!).

I was not aware of this before either. When we did this excursion in October 2011, they did not have that option.

I am all caught up again after my own trip to Disneyland and also to Aulani.

I am glad that I did not miss anything with the DVC party. We gave up as the line was in out in the open with the sun beating down and did not move at all.

What a shame that Michael felt unwell. I was also amazed by the variety of fish in Cabo. Our snorkelling spot was directly across from the Wonder so there was very little travelling involved and plenty of time for snorkelling. We were also in relatively shallow water so we never got cold.

The whales were definitely a surprise and a bonus. I also loved seeing the turtles.

I am sad that the cruise part of the trip report is coming to an end, but I am looking forward to read about Disneyland.

Corinna

Hi Magdelene!

Checking in during my Winter Break to say hi and do some catching up. :)

I immediately knew the answer as Istanbul. It's an awesome city to visit with tons to see and do!

Loved all the pics. and you're right, the desserts look ho-hum.

I've really enjoyed reading your cruise report. You do such a good job at providing information and you're so descriptive. You have me really wanting to take a Panama Canal cruise.

I can't wait to read the rest.

Thanks for such a great report. I feel like I was there with you and can't wait to go in a few months!

Dear Readers!!

It's lunch time on Christmas Eve in Germany - the whole country is starting to transform from last minute craziness to christmassy peacefulness as we start celebrating Christmas this afternoon/evening.

So it is the perfect time to wish all of you a

Merry Christmas!!

I am sorry that this tip report got abandoned for some time, but I had a good reason as you can see in these pictures, that were taken in late November/early December:

DSC05102.jpg

DSC05850.jpg

DSC06135.jpg

DSC06315.jpg

I spent Thanksgiving with Michael and his family and then we spent one night at Vero Beach before cruising on the Fantasy to the Eastern Caribbean followed by one week in Orlando enjoying WDW at Christmas time and one day at Universal.

So, you see, I have a good reason to get this trip report finished soon as there is the next one waiting to be written! :goodvibes

Merry Christmas to you, too, Magdalene! :santa:

Can't wait to hear more about both of your trips! :cool2:

Merry Christmas! Can't wait to hear about the new trip!

Jill in CO

Merry Christmas!!

I am sorry that this tip report got abandoned for some time, but I had a good reason as you can see in these pictures, that were taken in late November/early December:

I suppose that's an acceptable excuse...

Merry Christmas Magdalene! I look forward to the new TR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter