If you win the night in the castle but turn it down, do you get another prize?

Um, there would have to be a death in the family to keep me from accepting that prize! (And I mean immediate family or very close friends! Other than that, I would have to grieve in the Castle! Besides, I could do anything for until the next day anyway.) ;)
Seriously... I would add another week on my trip if I knew I would get to stay there for a night! It might be at a cheap hotel out of the park, but I would! :rotfl:

Heck, if I were the family member that passed away, I think I would roll over in my grave if my family turned it down..... even then!!! They say we stick around for a while so hey, "Take me to the World!" :love:

Wonder if they allow wakes to be held in the Castle? :rotfl2:

Maybe if they put you body under a glass covering like with Sleeping Beauty. Seems fitting somehow.

Slightly Goofy

Wonder if they allow wakes to be held in the Castle? :rotfl2:

Maybe if they put you body under a glass covering like with Sleeping Beauty. Seems fitting somehow.

Slightly Goofy

:rotfl: Now that's a good one! ;)

I suppose they could add Fairytale Funerals to the Fairytale Weddings department!

my3disneygirls, Disney folks are generally G rated. Only at DTD do we go a bit PG.

SG

Sorry. Didn't mean to be PG or PG13. In so many Disney movies and TV shows you see people k*ssing. I didn't realize I was inappropriate.

Why on Earth would anyone do this? LOL...
CM: "Congrats you won a night in Cinderella's castle!"
Guest: "No thanks, I think I'll stick with All-Star Sports"
I guess if it's the day you're leaving and you really can't delay your trip you might have to turn it down...

Thats exactly what I thought.

Yep, Disney funerals would be very fitting.

Just think of all the bucks Disney would save. They would not have to buy 'fake' skeletons for Pirates anymore. :laughing:

Wonder how much Disney would charge to have us put an actual tombstone up outside the HM? Bet it would be much more than $100. :lmao:

Yep, we are onto something here.

SG

my3disneygirls, I believe a string of pasta has to be involved to make it Disney approved. Oh, yes, some butterflies twirling around as you enjoy that chaste closed mouth loving too. :hippie:

Those are the rules, I did not make them up. :confused3

SG

Friends of ours won that prize and I would sooo.... want it for myself .Keep your fingers crossed we will be there two weeks from today. You might change your mind after reading this. I saw pictures they had taken and it is absolutely beautiful. They were treated like royalty and the rooms are decorated with a cinderella and prince charming theme. Any suprise there?
The only drawback was once they won and had accepted the prize they were not able to leave the park for any reason. They happened to not be staying on property and fortunatly did have an extra change of clothes for their daughter, but they had nothing. She also said that filling out the paperwork took 2hrs out of their day but they gave them a one day pass for the next day.
They were given silver ears to wear during their rein as the royal family. So if you see anyone wearing them they are the family that one. They had Dinner in the castle restaurant ( the name has slipped my mind right now) and breakfast at the Crystal Palace and Grand Marshall's in the parade. Oh yea they had backstage entrance to any ride they wanted over and over if they wanted. Lastly the prize is for up to 6pp. What do you think now??
kidslvdizny2

As efficient as Disney is I would think they would have made some adjustments to make it more Magical and less complicated for the Castle stay. I can see where some of those things would be deal breakers for many but then I imagine there are people who would actually turn down the DVC prize too for some reasons beyond my comprehension. :)

Thanks for the information. It sounds a bit more interesting, not much though.

SG

I can guarantee that we wouldn't turn it down.. even if the kids had to be in school the next day.. i had to be at work. I would just call in sick.. ummm sorry.. i'm feeling a bit under the weather today.. LOL

Has anyone but me ever wondered about the River of Time volcano?

I have it on good authority that is where the crematorium is at DW. :laughing:

SG

turn down a chance to sleep in the castle??????!!!!

blasphemy!!!!!

off to the cornfield you go!!!!

suzimar57, I already live in a cornfield. :laughing:

If I win you can have my prize, Castle only, NOT the DVC though!!

SG

When we were last down there, just before the year of dreams started, there was an article that I read to say that taxes were paid by Disney.

Is there anyone who has won something of substance that could tell me if that is true or not?

I am not a lucky person. The only thing I have ever won is a case of whiskey and I do not drink. :rotfl2:

SG

My family and I were talking about what happens if you win the night to spend in Cinderella’s, but you turn it down because some people may not like since you go to participate in WDW activies and at night you are basically locked in there with no where to go. So do the Dream Team Cast Members give you another prize if you turn down the night in Cinderella’s Castle?

If you turned this down you shouldn't get any prize at all! CRAZINESS!!

They'd have to adjust the occupancy of the suite, because we are a family of nine. Who would we leave out? Now if they look the other way and let us squeeze in....

Not to mention we're there for a Grand Gathering.

I would be happy to have my ILs take it, but I know that prizes are non-transferable. Sigh.

Hoping we win something, anything, but not the castle, unfortunately.

When we were last down there, just before the year of dreams started, there was an article that I read to say that taxes were paid by Disney.

Is there anyone who has won something of substance that could tell me if that is true or not?

The major prize desciptions (DVC, cruises, other trips) valued higher than $600 all include money ($1,200 for a 4-day WDW trip up to $25,110 for DVC) to be used toward taxes: "This prize also includes US$--,---to help defray payment of taxes payable as a result of winning the prize. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty that the cash portion of this prize will be sufficient to pay winner's tax liability."

You can see the list here: http://adestinations.disney.go.com/...tml?CMP=OTC-VanURLYOMDRulesEng#YOMDPrizesText

CarolG, thanks for taking the time to educate me. I was pretty sure that is what I had read but have had other folks tell me I was deluded.

Glad to know I am not, at least on that one point!!:laughing:

SG/Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter