I'll Be Good Next Year- Fantasy Eastern NYE 13/14 Updates 6/17

I am from the NY Tristate area- we do NOT do well with that around here. :rotfl:

Still need to order moisturizer etc!! Can I just do it on line?

I keep telling Jim we need to slow down and adjust, but old habits die hard!

You can do it online! I will PM you with the link.

Looks like a fabulous NYE! It looks like DCL did it just right! :thumbsup2

Oh, and you all looked great in the photos, too! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We made good progress on the passports tonight, here is a copy of the menu-
I loved how this menu lit up when you opened it :rotfl2:

My favorite drink in Skyline. It is not on the menu on the Dream :(

Up on Deck, we found the Mcs!
It was fun bringing in the New Year with you!

New Years Eve on the Fantasy looks amazing! You have a beautiful family!

Last time we sailed we went to St Thomas and I absolutely love it there!

St. Thomas was beautiful. We didn't do a whole lot either. With the big day on St. Maarten and the late night, I knew we would not want to get up early to head out to an excursion. We rode the sky tram up to the top of the mountain and enjoyed the view and a Bushwacker.

podsnel said:
This happy print, which all the passengers who were smarter than me all took to the Guest Services desk to be autographed by characters. DUH!

We were also mad that we didn't get the print signed, so we took it with us on the Dream last week and had it done :)

Ummm...no you haven't. This is the Fantasy. It is different- we are all going to draw a person and then Disney is going to animate them to dance around the dining room.

I loved the animator show. So cool.

We have a beach excursion booked for our Grand Cayman stop this August, but honestly, I'm considering just canceling it and staying on the Fantasy that day. We've been there before and we will be doing a beach excursion in Cozumel and of, Castaway Cay. I think I would rather spend more time on ship, letting the kids ride Aquaduck without a wait.

You guys looked great!

Thanks! You did too!:goodvibes

I am from the NY Tristate area- we do NOT do well with that around here. :rotfl:

Still need to order moisturizer etc!! Can I just do it on line?

I keep telling Jim we need to slow down and adjust, but old habits die hard!

You can do it online! I will PM you with the link.

Thank you for the link- I will order when I get home later today!

Looks like a fabulous NYE! It looks like DCL did it just right! :thumbsup2

Oh, and you all looked great in the photos, too! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Thanks- they did a wonderful job and it was AWESOME to get all the surprise freebies-:banana:

New Years Eve on the Fantasy looks amazing! You have a beautiful family!

Thanks so much!

Last time we sailed we went to St Thomas and I absolutely love it there!

It is very nice- if you can ever get over to St John, though, it is truly beautiful there. Not one traffic light on the whole island- it's mostly National Park- just gorgeous.:cloud9:

St. Thomas was beautiful. We didn't do a whole lot either. With the big day on St. Maarten and the late night, I knew we would not want to get up early to head out to an excursion. We rode the sky tram up to the top of the mountain and enjoyed the view and a Bushwacker.

Awesome pic! It is very cool up there- I made an unexpected visit up there once myself, on the way to the airport via non-4 wheel drive taxi van. It was terrifying! But I got a pic too! Although not as good as yours-

I loved the animator show. So cool.

The day before was a really long day- we all felt the same way I think about booking an excursion for NY Day. Smart move.:thumbsup2

We have a beach excursion booked for our Grand Cayman stop this August, but honestly, I'm considering just canceling it and staying on the Fantasy that day. We've been there before and we will be doing a beach excursion in Cozumel and of, Castaway Cay. I think I would rather spend more time on ship, letting the kids ride Aquaduck without a wait.

If you love the ship, you will love doing that- especially in Grand Cayman, where you have to tender (such a PITA). If I ever find myself headed to GC again, it is probably what I will do- the first time we went, we got a boat (Eco-Outrage Tour- done privately). That was really fun, even in the rain- and the kids went tubing, which they really loved! But I think a nice quiet day onboard the Fantasy sounds pretty wonderful instead!

The Bushwacker's were amazing. So, good. In fact, could go for one of those right about now! lol. Ok, maybe after work. :goodvibes

We sat down to dinner and in front of us was placed a mat on which to draw our character. Pods was a party pooper and wouldn't draw- Timmy and Tyler created the most bizarre looking people, and then we handed them all in.

Tyler says this means something. I am a little afraid to know exactly what.

Since we had skipped Pirate's Night for Remy, this was our only night dining in Animator's. On the Fantasy, on show night in Animator's there is a set appetizer for everyone- but, when do you get the luscious truffle purses then?

Ali, our Head Server, came over to the table. Before I could ask about the truffle purses, he gave us the news that Edward would not be serving us this evening, he had gotten injured last night (at the Crew's NYE party). He was ok, but in bed- a sprained ankle or knee or something. Poor edward! We were really bummed we would not be seeing his sparkly smile anymore during our cruise- instead, we would have Ali as our main Server this evening. When I asked what night the truffle purses were if not tonight, Ali said they weren't being served. :scared: NOOO!!!!!! They are my FAVORITE, and considering I finally GOT a clue by this cruise and ......OOPS! Lost track of time! Back later to finish!!

I am having so much fun reading along. I sure do wish I could go back NOW! By the end of our cruise, we were kinda over the organized dinner thing, so we opted to skip our night in Animators. I'm sorry we missed the animation though. I guess that gives us a reason to go back! Although I think we'll do late dining for the next one. We felt that the early time was LOUD (or maybe I'm just getting old and crotchety).

NYE was so fun . . . I was just about blown away by the wind up on deck after the countdown though. Cary (DS16) came back to the room about 12:30 and asked if he could go back to Vibe for an hour so they could watch the New York countdown. I couldn't say no to that, and I just can't really sleep till he is back in the room. So it was a late night. I was pooped the next day!

OK - I must ask . . . what is a Bushwacker (sp?)???

Jodie

I LOVE READING YOUR REPORTS!!! I cannot imagine a better place to celebrate the new year than on a Disney ship. How did you talk your family into all wearing black? The matching outfit color looks great in the photos!

Are you getting excited about Alaska? Do you have everything booked? Did you buy anything special for a "cold" cruise? Are you going over early to spend time in Vancouver? Opps, I should be talking about your New Year's eve cruise and not Alaska. :rolleyes2

Kate

Ok- back to Animator's and the truffle purses...

So this was the cruise when I FINALLY realized that you could order a full on dinner portion of those purses, I had been planning on that for a year! But....not to worry, said the wonderful Ali- he would make sure I had the purses before the cruise was over.

DCL pixiedusted AGAIN and.....LOVING IT!! :dance3:

Tyler was looking so handsome in his Christmas present-

As it was everywhere, Animator's was well decorated for Christmas-

Adorable, right? We were all served the same first course, which was fine, but was no truffle purses to be clear. Animators Workshop Sampler appetizer plate-

I think it was a piece of pork tenderloin, fresh mozzarella, and shrimp. Mickey had something to say-

Click to play-

Then we were all given popcorn soup, I think?-

But I wanted to know, where's the popcorn?

I loved all the animation during the night-

For dinner, Pods and I both had Herb Crusted Veal Chop
Roasted Veal Chop Brushed with Dijon Mustard and crusted with Herbed Breadcrumbs served with Sun-dried Tomato Risotto and a Barolo Wine Sauce

And it was soooooo good. Kinda made me almost glad they didn't have those truffle purses... the boys wanted pasta- Pennete Bolognese
Pennete Pasta mixed with a rich Bolognese sauce garnished with shaved Parmesan Reggiano and Toasted Garlic Ciabatta.

It was time for the show! I know you already saw tyler's, but here are Timmy's and mine so you can see us dancin-

Click to play-

Well, GAWRSH...it seems Mom is not so dellusional AFTER ALL! :snooty:

It is really cool to see, I have to say. And THEY all had to say AS WELL.

I still don't want to know what his drawing means-

We're famous!!

The boys thought it was really cool, AP was thoroughly enjoyed, by know-it-all teens and grumpy middle aged men, too. The desserts were very creative this night-

Oops- someone already had a bite, PODS.

Next...well, you know. The boys took off, and Pods and I went in search of POP! Over in the Tube....coming up next time!:cheer2:

Why do I never get the good servers? On our 2010 cruise, Michael, then 4 asked for chicken noodle soup (not on the menu that night) and was very promptly told "No". Even though it's on the room service menu and I think readily available on the ship all the time.

All our other servers have been just o.k. Not a single one ever went out of their way or did anything special really.

You have been doing some serious updating. I don't even know where to start.

First thing that comes to mind is I have no idea how it can take someone 20-30 to NOT make a drink. That's insanity. Maybe she was on drugs on something. There must be a logical explanation.

Your NYE family pictures are just lovely and I think you really did pick the right restaurant for dinner. The food looks magnificent.

the NYE celebration looked like a lot of fun. It must be lovely to cruise during the holidays. How festive!

So sorry your server got hurt. Maybe he had a little too much NYE himself. :laughing:

The pictures from port are lovely.

Thanks for all the fab updates!

Spent a good day reading.
I am really clueless with DCL, I don't know half of what you are talking about.
But I'm learning.

We are suppose to be doing an Alaskan Cruise-this week and next, but we finally purchased our land yesterday and we are signing our contract to build our house tomorrow, so no cruise again to Alaska. My dh has work up in Alaska, and he said he has to go in September and he is going to ask if I can go along----(not at all the same). :rotfl2:

That cruise in November sounds neat.

Good to see you all worked hard at getting your passports stamped! :thumbsup2 That's something DH and I will have to try on our next cruise.

Loved your formal night NYE outfits.

The popcorn soup has changed since the MV. I've just checked our photos and we were served a small dish of popcorn and a slice of cornbread on the side with our cup of soup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter