• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Illuminations Cruise

Jaxy0408

Earning My Ears
Hello All,

In November we will be staying at BLT for a week. Me, wife, daughter (11) and son (8). Every year I try to do something special while in Disney, last year we made a trip to Legoland, the year before the kids did the mermaid and pirate make up at MKpixiedust:.

Anyhow this year I think of doing the Illuminations cruise (Pontoon boat) with another family. I tried to do some research but I am not finding a whole lot of recent reviews. I was wondering if anyone has done it recently? Is it worth it $350 (175 per family)? Will the kids enjoy it? Is there something else I could do they might enjoy more? It appears it takes off from Yacht club at 8:00pm

Any feedback would be great
Thanks Jim

Hello All,

In November we will be staying at BLT for a week. Me, wife, daughter (11) and son (8). Every year I try to do something special while in Disney, last year we made a trip to Legoland, the year before the kids did the mermaid and pirate make up at MKpixiedust:.

Anyhow this year I think of doing the Illuminations cruise (Pontoon boat) with another family. I tried to do some research but I am not finding a whole lot of recent reviews. I was wondering if anyone has done it recently? Is it worth it $350 (175 per family)? Will the kids enjoy it? Is there something else I could do they might enjoy more? It appears it takes off from Yacht club at 8:00pm

Any feedback would be great
Thanks Jim

We did this a few years back and loved it! We were able to split the cost between 3 families so it was a bit more affordable. As a matter of fact, we have a boat reserved for August in celebration of my DD and her BF's 16th birthday.

Now, there is another cruise which is LOADS of fun. I don't know the exact title but I think it's called the Pirates and Friends which I would highly recommend. There is a private meet and greet for those doing the cruise (I thing there are 3 boats) prior to the cruise, with the pirate from Peter Pan along with snacks and drinks. We were all given pirate bandanas to wear. During the cruise question and answer games were played and prizes were won. Wishes fireworks were viewed from the boat and I believe the music was piped in and we also got to see the Electric Water parade too!!! Well worth the money. For this event we paid per person but off hand cannot remember how much it was. Almost forgot, when departing the boat there are I believe 2 surprise visitors; Peter Pan and I think it was Tinker Bell

We have done it a few times and consider one of our best Disney things.

just looked up the pirates and pals cruise- it sounds awesome!!!! thanks for posting about that!

We did this in May 2013 and I can honestly say this is by far the best experience we have ever had at Disney (and we have done alot of extras like Pirates and Pal and Segway tour). We loved it so much that we are doing again in September!

We did this a few years ago. Another DISBoard member booked the cruise and was looking for people to split the cost. It worked out well, and the cruise was fun. Now that I have kids, I'd probably try the pirates cruise.

Thanks Everyone sounds like I will stick with it right now we have 4 kids and 4 adults.
Jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter