I'm back from my WDW wedding and honeymoon....

I also vote with keeping your SSR points. You are so young, those 12 extra years will be good for you all! Plus, you can trade out and stay anywhere DVC and maybe your DH will be like me and think they are all great! LOL We loved OKW on our recent trip. It isn't home for us (BCV is) but it *is* home too. Any DVC is gonna be home for this girl!! Heck, WDW resort property is "home" for me!!

And maybe SSR will look a lot different 5, 10, 15 years down the road as everything planted fills in. I thought it looked even more beautiful this year than last Feb. when we toured it!

Congrats again and best wishes to you. Having a DH that loves WDW/DVC is a true blessing for us!!

Congrats on the wedding. It just seems like yesterday that we spent our honeymoon at WDW. Actually that was 13 years ago. How time flies.

We own at SSR and have never stayed there. OKW has been our choice for two trips just because of the lower points. We have gone in the summer and in the winter, last week, with no booking problems. I think the smaller the room the easier it will be.

While on our last trip we played the golf course that goes through bot OKW and SSR. I will say that SSR is looking better and better. The new themed pool is pretty close to being finished and though the trees are not nearly as large as OKW I think it is going to be a really nice resort. We plan on staying there next just to say we have stayed there.

As far as we were concerned the extra 12 years was the biggest difference, probably more for our kids than us. If I were you I would take your new husband to see the other resorts especially WL. I think he will want to venture out someday.

Good Luck and enjoy your marriage and your DVC membership!

We are a younger couple who love OKW as well.

My biggest regret is that we OWN at OKW and not SSR for the extra years.

I don't think you will have a problem booking at OKW at 7 months.

Congrats! What a beautiful couple. I, like the others, think that you should keep SSR points but go to OKW. I have owned since 2003 and have never had a trouble getting in and resort I wanted, sometimes even at the busy times. Besides, I have been to them all and I can say that there isn't one that I would feel "stuck" with if I didn't get my 1st choice. They all have wonderful qualities. Enjoy your marriage and your DVC stays!

So glad the event finally happened! I hope you can direct us to a trip report and photos!

I agree with the others....stay put. Your SSR contract will serve you well with the extra years, and you should always be able to get OKW unless you are needing a GV.

I'm anxious to see photos, since our DS is getting married there in November.

Congratulations! You are a good looking couple! See you at OKW:thumbsup2

You really should try all of the resorts. They are all great. They all have special features that make them individually great. I love OKW, just like I love BCV, just like I love VWL, just like I love SSR. Hopefully we'll get BWV dec 07 and maybe a spring trip to Vero or HHI.

Get your husband to try the Boardwalk Villas. As a young couple you will appreciate the entertainment that is on the Boardwalk at night and then go to Jellyrolls. Forget the $8 cover charge - it will be the best $8 you ever spent at WDW. Close Epcot, stop and have a drink at ESPN and then go to Jellyrolls. The piano players are awesome and everyone sings along. (If you don't sing along, they will bring you up on stage and make you!). We will never stay anywhere other than the Boardwalk because its in the middle of everything!

Although the respective room sizes will never change, the landscaping will. OKW has had 15 years to grow into the resort it is today and I expect SSR will also. Don't trade off the extra years at your ages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter