I'm confused about CR concierge

TigrLvsPooh

Travel Channel's Ultimate Disney Fan
According to Deb's site you can't book full concierge at CR unless it's a suite. Is that true? It says concierge rooms (not suites) are only on the 12th floor with limited hours.

I was wanting a room with full concierge... can someone clear this up. Thanks!! :)

Hi Erika,

Yes, there are regular rooms on the 14th floor Concierge. According to my travel agent guide, they are: $480/night in Value Season, $540 in Regular season, $610 in Peak season, $675/night in Holiday season. There are a limited number of regular rooms on the 14th floor. Many of the other rooms are in fact suites.

The Tower Clubs on the 12th floor are about $85 to $130 less per night, depending on season. There are 48 Tower Club rooms.

Hope this helps!
:)

Here is the description from my 2003 Disney Travel Agent guide:

Concierge service on the 14th floor includes personalized front desk and guest services, turndown service, refrigerator, coffeemaker, and lounge with continental breakfast, midday snacks, evening wine and cheese, and evening cordials and dessert. The Tower Club located on the 12th floor offers limited concierge service, continental breakfast and midday snacks.

Found more info for you! The room code is CY. So, you can ask CRO for that room code to check for availability. There are very few of them so it may be challenging.

Misti - I called CRO today and asked for CR concierge and they booked it for 3 nights @ $1814. I asked her if it was full concierge on the 14th floor and she said "yes". With tax that's about $604 a night. Is there a chance I can get an AP discount on that when they come out? Because Deb's site says no discounts on 14th floor. (but I know they are doing it at the RPC now and they use to not, so maybe???)

Ohhhh... that must be why I was on hold for so long. She probably had to go find that code. She kept saying she needed to release the room?? Or something like that.

The only challenge with getting an AP rate for the 14th floor is that there are so few rooms in that category. I run into the same problem with trying to get a discount on the Deluxe rooms (aka junior suites) at the Yacht/Beach Club and Wilderness Lodge.

Are you traveling in Peak or Regular season? That $604 sounds about right for Regular season (4/27 to 7/3). $540/night plus 11.5% tax would be $602.10/night. Peak season is 2/13 to 4/26.

Yes, it's regular season.

If we book the room on the 14th floor at the full rack rate and then call as soon as the AP rates come out then would we have a good chance of having a rate adjustment???

Or maybe we're better off just doing the GF. LOL ;)

Well, you can always try! :)

You never know what they'll release in the way of discount inventory. I'll send you some pixie dust. ;)

Thanks Misti! :)

And if anyone else reading this has any info on the 14th floor please add it! :) Especially if you've ever had a discount. :)

Thanks Misti! :)

And if anyone else reading this has any info on the 14th floor please add it! :) Especially if you've ever had a discount. :)

TigrLvsPooh, there is a Dis'er who has stayed on the 14th floor, but I can't remember their name (sorry). I do know that Rack Rate was what they paid for their room. In my couple years here on the Dis, I have never read of anyone getting a discount on the 14th floor, whereas, once in a blue moon (and more frequently within the past two years), I had read of folks getting a discount for the GF's RPC. Maybe because the single rooms are so limited on the CR's 14th floor, as Misti stated, is why they are never discounted. If you have a shot at a discount at the GF, then I would take that room before that discount disappears, unless you don't mind paying Rack Rate for the CR.

Well, from my experience, it is VERY difficult to get a room up on the 14th floor. For my NYE trip last year, I tried for a year to get a room up there (all they had was a king room and no queen/queens, then went to nothing available at all). The nightly rate was around $700 with taxes.

The rooms are the same size as the other tower rooms, but they do have a larger balcony. None of the rooms have a daybed. They are decorated in lighter colors than all the others rooms, and they have gold marble baths. Rooms can be booked with either a king or two queens (two seperate categories).

The 14th floor concierge lounge's evening spread is catered by the California Grill.

And, AP rates aren't offered on the 14th floor rooms. :)

WOW! I guess I was lucky to be able to book that room today then. I didn't know they were so hard to get. Right now we're booked at the regular season rack rate of $540 +tax, (I think the total for 3 nights was $1814) and I guess there is no hope for a discount. :( I really want to try it though... I think it would be worth the money just to say we did it once. ;) I bet the snacks and desserts from CA Grill are amazing, and I can't believe the stocked minibar is included! :eek:

But an AP discount at RPC would be tempting. Also YC. :)

Decisions, decisions....

We stayed in a two queen room in December overlooking MK. We couldn't get a discount. We're AAA, DC, AP and no discount would work.

We also had a hard time trying to book the 14th floor. The CM first gave us a price for the tower club. I said, "No, I want the 14th floor". He said "You mean you want a room with a king bed" !!!???? I said, "Well, if that's what is on the 14th floor, then yes, I want a king bed." Didn't get a king bed, but I didn't care anyway.

Glad I called on the DC 800 number. I was on the phone for at least 45 minutes for that call.

Ed

I know... I was on the phone forever! She kept putting me on hold and trying to get the room "released" so she could make a reservation. I wonder why it's so difficult???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter