• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm Confused about the Disney Outlets

Kendallkat2

A "DVCHV" Member
I'm confused about the Disney Outlets. There are 3 different locations correct? We have gone to the 2 at Belz Outlet where we have found some good buys, but we hate to trip getting there. We have also gone to the one in the mall near WDW. It's on the left off 535. I don't recall the name of the Mall. There use to be 2 of them but, the last time we went there was only 1. We have never really found any good items there.
So where is the 3rd one? LBV Mall? How do you get to the LBV mall? Which outlets do some of you consider the best? I love some of the bagains we have gotten at the Belz Outlet but like I said, hate the drive.
Thanks, Beth

The only three I know of are the two at Belz and the one off 535, near WDW.
If there is another, I am not aware of it. But that's always a possibility.
And for us, the Belz weren't worth the drive, from what we saw in January. I suppose it just depends on the timing and what you are looking for.
I'm a bargain shopper, so I liked the no frills one off hwy 535.
There is a no-frills outlet near DL/Anaheim, that is the same concept as the outlet store nearest WDW.

I think you mean the Orlando Premium Outlets (you turn OFF 535 but they are not right on 535) Here are the directions to the two "off" of 535:

Orlando Premium Outlets: (from Downtown Disney area)----turn onto Hotel Plaza Blvd (where the Courtyard, Grosvner, etc.) are and follow it to 535 (Cross roads shopping center light.) Turn right onto 535 and go under I-4. At the next light turn left (The road has Vineland in it's name) follow this road all the way to where it turns right. Outlets are on your right as you pass the Mary Queen of the Universe Shrine. About five minutes from DD

Lake Buena Vista Outlets: (from Downtown Disney area)----turn onto Hotel Plaza Blvd (where the Courtyard, Grosvner, etc.) are and follow it to 535 (Cross roads shopping center light.) Turn right onto 535. Stay on 535--outlets are down on the left. About ten minutes from DD.

We hit all 4 last Dec (2Belz - Premium on Vineland and LBV further east on SR535) I wasn't thrilled with Belz on that trip. We did better at the other 2, but overall didn't do great (and was VERY disappointed to merchandise as same price as the parks ! (for some things) The advantage of the Premium is that there's also a Universal store right near the Disney store. I'm not sure I'd drive to Belz anymore unless I was in that area anyway.

Is the Lake Buena Vista Outlet owned by Disney? I've been to Belz and Premium Outlets and they are owned by Disney and have Disney cm's. I usually have better luck at Belz than at Premium Outlets. Maybe we'll try LBV next time. Is it a discount outlet?

I've also been to the one at Crossroads, they have the same stuff as Downtown Disney and the same prices.

I don't know if LBV is owed by Disney or not. I can't remember if employees were castmembers. They had some of the same stuff as the other stores, and some different. For some reason, though I think I remeber them having some character items that siad Disney, but not Walt Disney World.

At LBV last Mar. 2001 we found a
Trading Disney pins $1.99
Ak Tin w chararcters for $.99[holds my hair do goodys,pony tail holders]
AK Leather tooled Purse for $.99
Green Mk Fire works Shirt w/tink and Fab 5 $4.99 [in 1x sixe]
There were more $4.99 2000 shirts but I had already wiped out Belz those shirts
Die Cast Character Vehicles Donald in his boat for $.99
A battery powered Rose for DD to wave $.99

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter