I'm embarassed to ask but.....

CJK

DIS Veteran
what exactly is a concierge room in a hotel? What does it include? It's my understanding that it's an upgraded room, but what does the upgrade include? TIA.......and please excuse my ignorance! :rolleyes:

Generally, Concierge includes perks designed to make the stay more special and trouble-free for the guest.

Concierge-level service at WDW apparently varies by resort, but generally includes:

Personalized check-in at the concierge desk instead of standing in line in the resort lobby;
Food & beverages, including continental breakfast items in the morning, snacks and possibly light-lunch offererings inthe afternoon, wine and hors d'hoevres (sp?) later in the day, desserts in the evening;
The concierge staff will perform extra services such as obtaining PS ressies, particularly hard-to-get PS ressies;
Turndown service and terry bathrobes to wear while a guest;
A concierge lounge area in the general vicinity of the concierge-level rooms, so guests don't have to travel far for the goodies mentioned above.

Various threads on this board have detailed differences resort to resort, but generally the above is pretty typical, from what I have read.

HTH!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Thank you!! Wow, that sounds incredible. What exactly is "turn down service"? Maybe we'll have to splurge on our next trip!

They come in to the room before bedtime and turn down your bed sheets and blanket. Sometimes they leave a mint or chocolate on your pillow ;) !

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

There is another thread on this board asking a similar question regarding concierge, and another poster gave a really nice description of Poly Concierge, specifically.

Turn down service is when they come back to the room at the end of the evening, and turn down your sheets. They often place a chocolate on the pillow, empty any trash cans and straighten up the towels.

Wow. Thanks for the quick replies. I feel silly for not knowing all of this! Thanks maybe it's time to talk to dh about our next trip..... ;)

CJK,

I just wanted to let you know that you can get turndown service at the deluxe resorts without reserving a concierge room - you just request it a check-in :D (a tip is, of course, appreciated). We did this last January at the Poly. It was a real treat for the kids, especially. We had two rooms, and not only were there 2 mints on each pillow, but the mousekeeper left some coloring/activity books for the kids and arranged their stuffed animals and dolls. They really got a kick out of it.

I think that most hotels in the "real world" call their equivalent "club level" or something similar. Typically my experience in non-disney hotels is that the concierge desk is their to help any hotel guest, with local information, getting dinner reservations, directions, tickets to shows or sports, and you should tip accordingly. The concierge desk at Disney resorts is different in that if you are staying at the "concierge" level then you have already paid for this service as part of your room, and so gratuities for services like that aren't available. At most hotels in the real world, the concierge will set you up with reservations or tickets for something you want specifically, or will recommend something if you don't know what you want already (this is how they can get the connectiongs to get those hard to get reservations or tickets, they are sending customers to things). I never tried it at wdw, but I suspect that they wouldn't be able to help you get you things outside of wdw (like if you wanted tickets to a ucf game or something off property). The way it is done at wdw is pretty unique in my experience, as are a lot of things I guess.

We've done it, and it is sort of neat, but I'm really not sure if it is worth the extra $ really. It is just as easy to get PS for yourself, because you still have to communicate with someone to tell them what PS you want! Might as well just talk to member services yourself. I think they may note on the PS that you are in concierge, but I don't think it really gets you any notice or anything. If you wanted cinderella's breakfast or something, it might be worth it. I really like being able to grab or coke or water on the way out, but heck, for a couple of bucks you can do that anyway. The food is nice, but then when you are at wdw you always have a lot of meals to go to anyway so you don't want to "waste" one on grazing at the conceirge lounge - but it is nice for a snack. So if it is an extra 25 or whatever a night, is it really worth it? It is up to each person, I'd probably do it again if we didn't have dvc, and we might anyway for a weekend or something. The polly has a pretty neat lounge, and the AKL has a reason to stay concierge - the early morning safari that only conceirge guests can go on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter