I'm sorry I'm an idiot but....

lisaes

Mouseketeer
It's now only 11 days till we leave and I swear, I'm turning into a brainless lump! I know what a fastpass is and what their for but can someone explain it to me again? Like for instance, if we get one before lunch do we have to scarf our meal down to meet the FP time? I read someone you should never never be without a FP for something at any time. Do the time spans for the passes change or get longer as the day goes on?

Each fastpass is different, some are for 45 minutes out, some for a couple of hours, and popular rides (like Splash Mountain or Test Track) may be for several hours out. There is a sign above the fastpass machine that tells what time your fastpass will be valid. You can see what time you're getting the fastpass for before you actually insert your park ticket and if that is a good time for you.

Hopefully, (for me too, we're going on Wednesday :bounce: ) the crowds will be so incredibly low that fastpasses aren't necessary!! Wouldn't that be great? :D

Enjoy your trip!

Krista princess:

is to check out the return time on the fastpass clock (BEFORE getting the fastpass) to make sure it will not interfere with any meal plans you may have. Depending on the ride and how early you are trying for the fastpass, your return time may be hours and hours away. You can read all about how fastpass works at www.allearsnet.com. Enjoy your trip...wish mine was that soon!

When you get a FP posted above the machine is the time window you are supposed to return. For example, you get to RnR at 10 and the FP sign might say 11:00-11:20. The time it is good for depends on how crowded the park is that day. I don't know if I'd be too worried. We usually go late September-early October and haven't used FP.

Fastpass is very easy to use and you decide when and where to get them based on the standby wait time vs the FP return time, which is posted at the kiosk.

For example you want to ride Space Mountain and the standby line is 60 minutes long, you check the FP and the return times are for 1:35-2:35pm. You decide to wait the line or get a fastpass and return during the FP return window. If you get the FP then spend the time riding other attractions, eating shopping ect. You will always know before you put your admission ticket into the FP machine when you will need to return so if you have a PS you can plan accordingly.

On the bottom of the FP is a time when you can obtain your next FP.

The homepage here as well as www.allearsnet.com have great and more detailed explanations of FP. You can always ask the CM at the Kiosk before getting the FP if your not sure. Don't worry its very easy when you get to the park.

eta -
I would suggest putting Fast Pass in the subject if you want more information.
TJ

It you get hungry or are in another area of the park when your FP time is, don't worry. I've never been turned away from the FP line even hours after the end time printed on the ticket. Just go to the ride and show your FP and away you go.

Word of Caution: for a newbie,just don't get so distracted that you forget to take back your entrance ticket once the machine has spit out the fast pass! We saw several entrance tickets left behind in August. People were just walking away and forgetting to retrieve them!

Oh, yes, ....ahem, you are NOT an idiot. Given time, you'll be as "Disney-literate" as the rest. Have a wonderful vacation.:earsgirl:

Originally posted by WDW LOVR
It you get hungry or are in another area of the park when your FP time is, don't worry. I've never been turned away from the FP line even hours after the end time printed on the ticket. Just go to the ride and show your FP and away you go. [/QUOT]

Unfortunately, I can tell you from personal experience that this is not always the case. Myself and my two dd's got stuck in Sci Fi. Due to a delay despite a PS and a very slow server we missed our return time for Star Tours by about 15 minutes. The CM would not take or Fast Pass as it was expired.

I have read posts from others who have had an expired FP honored as well as others who, like us, were turned away. If you inadvertantly miss your return time it can't hurt to try but I would not advise using it as a touring strategy. I would advise anyone to just try and be at the ride during your proper return time to avoid dissapointment.

TJ

Re: Fastpass

I'm here right now, and the crowd is so light, they aren't even using Fastpass at most places. Walked right onto TOT.

Wow, that great to hear! I hope there isn't much change in the crowd size in 11 days :)

Disneyfool: Thanks for the reminder of retrieving our tickets! I only now just realized I have to take ALL our tickets with me to get a pass and not just mine :rolleyes: There are so many things I'm trying to remember, the simple things I'm not even clueing in to!

I HATE FASTPASS...I HATE FASTPASS...I HATE FASTPASS!!! Did I mention that I hate fastpass?

I have only used it once and that was to see Pooh. Believe me if I had stood in line for 90 minutes and then been treated to the nothing that is the Pooh attraction I would have been highly upset. Ironically, the line was that long mostly because of Fastpass and that is what happens throughout the park because of it.

What was a great idea on paper, is a travesty in reality. So few benefit and sooo... many are inconvenienced. Wars have been started over less frustration than is generated by Fastpass.

I know...I know, many of you think it is the best thing since sliced bread and you are entitled to your opinion but mine has stayed strong since day one and it is not likely to alter in the near future.

:duck: :headache: :worried: :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter