Im taking bets - will he? or wont he?

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
show up at the airport?! (just kidding on the bets of course)
But when do you guys think a stubborn DH will finally come around? or wont he?
and if he gets on the plane will he make it on the ship?

Well Barb it's up to you,

If I were you there would be a good chance he would be left at the rest stop on the Bee-line..............(I'm not sure if you take the B-line ha ha) Laurie

Sounds like he wont be happy (or DS) until actually on the boat in the midst of the hubbub. I know you have been fighting a battle wanting to enjoy the whole build up without luck. Just stick it out a little longer (even if you have to pack for them) and prepare for a great time.

My DH wasn't overly excited about going on the DCL trip last year but by the time he came home he was a true beliver and swears it's the best vacation he ever went on! This was our fourth cruise but 1st on DCL.
Have a great trip!!

Reluctant hubbies CAN be converted...mine is living proof! I was dying to try a cruise, but he never had the slightest desire. But after our marriage I converted him into a Disney fan, and when they started their cruise line, he was willing to give it a try because it was only three days and because he trusts the Disney brand name. That was 30 cruises ago (26 of those on Disney), so he proves that there IS hope!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Have no fear girls! I have been married for 18 years and my husband can't swim. Therefore, we have never cruised (and he has NEVER considered starting)! For his work ( he is a true rocket scientist) he had to spend a month on a cruise-size ship at the Equator, launching a missile from a platform. I figured, when he got back, he would either continue refusing or would agree to go on a cruise with me. Alas! He agreed it wasn't so bad (it was NOT plush like a cruise ship) and said he would go on a cruise with me! YEAH! After much thought, we decided to include the kids and the Disney Cruise was booked!

Now, he is not showing much excitement, and I am doing all the research (this way they won't get themselves overly excited and suffer any type of disappointment). I would prefer he stay out of the research.

Imagine my surprise when he came flying into the kitchen the other night telling me he was taping a show on cruises for us to watch later! Chuckle, chuckle! We watched it later and he was asking some great questions. The excitement is there, just reserved. Hang in there and your husband will come around. I have vowed that I will not stress about how much fun others in my family are enjoying themselves on this cruise. If they want to be party poopers, so be it. Set up a daily mantra for yourself so you can destress over this whole mess. You may be surprised to find that once you stop worrying about his situation, he may come around - after all - you won't be obsessing over him and he may not like that! Sometimes our husbands can be the biggest "kids!" Good luck. (sorry this is so long):p

My policy with my DH is to talk about it as little as possible. I just do my planning thing and every once in a while will mention a tidbit or 2, but if I want him to have a good time, I know I have to curb my desire to talk about the cruise all the time.

I know he will have a great time once we're there, and he appreciates all I do to arrange a great vacation for us, but if it were up to him, we'd probably never go anywhere that required advance planning. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter